12-20-09, 04:01 PM   #1
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

replacement for Cartographer

i was just wondering if there is a map mod to replace cartographer, it has been stated on the Cartographer addon page on curse that the addon won't be update, i for 1 am very disappointed about this, cartographer had all i needed in a map mod, now i need something that will let me place notes on the map, and work well with addons like Silver Dragon (rare spawn addon) if anyone has any info that would be awesome, thanks.

12-20-09, 05:17 PM   #2
Seer
A Molten Giant
I replaced it with mapster, tho it doesn't do all the things Cartho did.

12-20-09, 11:17 PM   #3
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i tried mapster, it doesn't seem to work well with silver dragon, that, or i need an up to date map notes handler, metamap seems broken to, i was hoping spiel may take up Alphamap to, seeing as it was being handled by the same guy who did the other 2 addons he just picked up, :hint: :hint: :P

ah well, cartographer was good while it lasted.

12-21-09, 12:00 AM   #4
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you try the latest SilverDragon from WoWAce? The one here is 4 months old so something may have changed. The one on WoWAce is 3 days old. Maybe you can also request map compatibility there if that is the issue with Silver Dragon.

12-21-09, 02:40 PM   #5
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Someone actually picked up alphamap already if you go over to curse.com (yuck) you'll see he's been working on it

Silver dragon should work with mapster as all mapster does is give you option on the default blizzard map

edit: ah never mind it will only add notes through handy notes or cartographer which I don't think will work on the blizz map.

Try http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12995-_NPCScan.html
and http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14686-_NPCScan.Overlay.html

That will give you what your looking for with the blizzard map

Last edited by neuralassassin : 12-21-09 at 02:46 PM.

12-22-09, 03:15 AM   #6
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

seems there are no map mods out there that live up cartographer, shame it had to die... ah well i'll keep looking.

12-22-09, 01:07 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
While it may be more than what you need, you could try Carbonite. The only place you can find a recent version is here on WoWInterface.

12-22-09, 03:49 PM   #8
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Carbonite is what I use as well, it's very similar to cartographer 3 which had the google type maps. Some even said the code was stolen from cartographer to begin with but I have no idea if that's true or not. Carbonite i the best map out there imo though. Especially as it has all the locations of trainers, flight masters, dungeons, mine nodes, herb nodes, quest givers, daily quest givers, and everything else built right in.

Last edited by neuralassassin : 12-22-09 at 03:52 PM.

12-23-09, 03:14 AM   #9
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i have carbonite, only problem is it doesn't work with Silver dragon, Silver dragon places notes on the map of possible locations for rare spawns, among other things, the notes appear on the minimap, but not in carbonite. even with the latest version of both addons.

12-23-09, 06:04 AM   #10
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

For rare tracking you could give NPCScan a shot. I know the Overlay plugin does work with Carbonites maps.

NPCScan: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-_NPCScan.html

NPCScan.Overlay: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...n.Overlay.html

12-23-09, 06:05 AM   #11
jcapl
A Defias Bandit
it's not an update but works with Silver Dragon
http://www.wowace.com/addons/cartogr...es/2588-r2331/

12-23-09, 10:34 AM   #12
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
Carbonite is what I use as well, it's very similar to cartographer 3 which had the google type maps. Some even said the code was stolen from cartographer to begin with but I have no idea if that's true or not. Carbonite i the best map out there imo though. Especially as it has all the locations of trainers, flight masters, dungeons, mine nodes, herb nodes, quest givers, daily quest givers, and everything else built right in.
Well, yeah, but does it show the locations of all the Starbucks?

12-23-09, 03:22 PM   #13
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

yeah, i have that version, but the addon creator has said there won't be any major fixes, so far all it does is make it so u can use the new quest tracking features with ccartographer, course, waypoints and making ur own notes still don't work, which is what many ppl like about the addon.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » replacement for Cartographer