03-17-10, 01:29 PM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Question Confused about Mount addons

OK, so now that I have over 30 different mounts with plans to add many more, I was looking for a addon to randomize them. I started looking thru the various mods and am a bit confused. Is it as simple as dropping it in my addons folder and it works or do I need to do major setup? I just want one that will know what mount to use depending on what area I am in & what training I have per toon. For example. my NE hunter has cold weather training for Northrend but my Human DK doesn't. And obviously I don't need my higher level toons to summon a low level mount.

Any help is appreciated

03-17-10, 02:05 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It entirely depends on which addon you choose to use, and how that author chose to code it. Most are "smart" in that they will auto-populate based on what you know, choose faster over slower, flying when you can fly, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-17-10, 04:42 PM   #3
Gruffness
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

GupPet has worked well for me, especially for my druid with his travel and aqua forms.

This add-on supports mounts (haven't used this feature too much but it seems to work well for random mount selection based on skill and zone (selects the fastest etc).

It supports companions (random/repeat selection) and personal travel forms (correction: support for Druid, Shaman and Mage classes) though I have yet to test it with my hunter's Aspect of the Cheetah. My druid's forms are chosen depending on his location. Cheetah (travel) for outdoors, Lynx (kitty with speed talent for indoors) and Sea Lion for when I'm swimming in water. I have a key bound for my forms when traveling in that fashion.

Oh, it also pretty much works out of the box (assuming you know how to install add-ons) but I believe you need to position a couple of buttons on your screen for summoning your companions and mounts (not sure if these can be disabled but I have every reason to believe they can be). Adjusting it's settings with your preferences will tailor it to your specific needs and wants and can really make it shine.

Last edited by Gruffness : 03-17-10 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added a correction +1.
03-17-10, 04:50 PM   #4
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've been using Gogo Mount for some time and it's worked wonders! I have one toon so far that has over 60+ mounts and like you, I'm going for even more. It has a simple config set up for it and you can also use keybindings for it as well. I use Shift+D for ground and Shift+F for flying. It will only call out fast mounts, and if you have the 310% mount, it can call that one out over the 280% fliers.

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
03-17-10, 10:05 PM   #5
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thank you all very much..I am trying GupPet right now and so far I love it.

03-17-10, 10:34 PM   #6
Farook
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Gruffness View Post
GupPet has worked well for me, especially for my druid with his travel and aqua forms.
GupPet is awesome.

I tried several addons of this type, but GupPet was the best... by far.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Confused about Mount addons