03-22-10, 11:43 PM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

SunnArt vs KgPanels

I love the idea of SunnArt allowing you to create a space on the bottom of the screen for action buttons, etc and not interfere with the play screen but have also been looking a KgPanels. Are they the same thing? It almost seems as if KGPanels requires much more set up but it also might be what I am looking for in a little more custom look for different size areas for different items. I am thinking that if I figured out XPerl, Dominoes and sunnArt it shouldn't be too hard to learn but I don't want to get into something that in the end will just frustrate the heck out of me.

Thanks for any advice!

03-23-10, 12:33 AM   #2
KOG4769
A Kobold Labourer
SunnArt and other Viewport add-ons change the resolution of the rendered world - ie, make your screen smaller (whether it be a combination of one or more renders).

KgPanels, however does not change the resolution of your screen, it simply allows you to use images (.tga) in the game.

SunnArt is limited only to the borders of your screen, while KgPanels allows you to import, scale, move, etc. those images (made from Gimp, Photoshop, etc) in-game. SunnArt does allow you to have specially made art (the resolution is set, see the download page) for the rendered area.

My explanation isn't really that great but the two are used for different purposes.
03-23-10, 03:06 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by KOG4769 View Post
SunnArt and other Viewport add-ons change the resolution of the rendered world - ie, make your screen smaller (whether it be a combination of one or more renders).

KgPanels, however does not change the resolution of your screen, it simply allows you to use images (.tga) in the game.

SunnArt is limited only to the borders of your screen, while KgPanels allows you to import, scale, move, etc. those images (made from Gimp, Photoshop, etc) in-game. SunnArt does allow you to have specially made art (the resolution is set, see the download page) for the rendered area.

My explanation isn't really that great but the two are used for different purposes.
exactly what you described ^^

sunnart = art in black holes created around the gamescreen. It squeezes the viewing area of the game together so you have a place to put your addons/art/etc withouth loosing any view of the gameworld.

kgpanels = art wherever you may like, no black holes so most of the art you use will be placed overlapping an area where you would've otherwise seen something.

if you however don't wanna feel restricted by sunnart for the artpacks but want to use kgpanels instead, and still keep the black holes around your screen, you could get the viewport addon from ct_mods ^^ and place the panels from kgpanels inside that ^^
03-25-11, 09:01 PM   #4
tsalem1
A Defias Bandit

Can you use sun art packs in kgpanels and vice versa?
03-25-11, 09:21 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Certainly. Import the art into the kgPanels' Art Library in the options window.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » SunnArt vs KgPanels