06-30-10, 12:11 AM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

mods broken

Go away for a couple months and my mods are broken..lol..oh well such is patches..so far I have found Chatter and fuBar are my 2 most obvious broken ones. Any clue as to replacements or when they will be fixed?

06-30-10, 12:44 AM   #2
Fuzzywuzzy
A Black Drake

I don't use Chatter myself, but you might find a version that works with new patch here:

http://www.wowace.com/addons/chatter/

If not i bet it'll be updated there first when a version that works gets out.
06-30-10, 01:07 AM   #3
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

An updated FuBar was released over on Curse recently. Comments there indicate the new version works fine with WoW 3.3.5 so that should fix one of your broken mods.
06-30-10, 01:08 AM   #4
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FuBar is basically dead - most people have moved on to LibDataBroker displays and plugins. You can find a list of displays and plugins here.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
06-30-10, 04:07 AM   #5
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
FuBar is basically dead - most people have moved on to LibDataBroker displays and plugins. You can find a list of displays and plugins here.
I hate to agree, because I loved FuBar back in the day :P But, to agree, LibDataBroker AddOns are awesome. I prefer ChocolateBar as the base.
06-30-10, 09:23 AM   #6
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The most FuBar-like LDB display I've found is Bazooka.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
06-30-10, 11:05 PM   #7
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thank you all!! Appreciate the input.

07-01-10, 01:09 AM   #8
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Advantages of Databroker addons

The big advantage of databroker addons lies in the fact that they seperate what produces the information to go on screen from what actually displays it on screen.

Addons can be written to produce a LDB or Databroker feed. These don't necessarily have to be specifically databroker addons - the author can just include the small LDB library and just publish a feed.

When it comes to getting the stuff on the screen this is where the Databroker Display addons step in. Their job is to get the information from the Databroker feeds and display it on screen. Examples of these is "Fortress" , "ChocalateBar" , "ButtonBin" , "Bazooka"

Why is this seperation an advantage ?

Well for one thing it means you can change how the information is displayed on screen just by changing your Lib Databroker Display addon. Maybe it's too boring for you. Maybe you want to arrange them by moving them around like lego bricks. Maybe it's erroring out for you and you can't find an update to fix the bug.

You aren't tied to one way of representing stuff on the screen. You can change it by getting a new Broker display addon and it means you don't have to go out and get new versions of all the addons that feed into that display like you would when changing from say Titan to Fubar. If it's not been updated for a patch and isn't working for you you can change it for another one.

It also means your hardworking authors don't need to code and maintain a seperate addon to display stuff like Titan and Fubar. They can just make their addon publish an LDB feed , include the small LDB library and they're golden
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » mods broken