06-29-11, 05:17 AM   #1
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I kind of miss the old patch system

In situations like mine at the moment, the downloader for the first time is really slow, doing barely 20KB/s (400MB to go). Before when this happened with the torrents on the old patches I could always Google and find the file uploaded somewhere with higher speeds so I could download it from there, that's something I kind of miss now with the new patch system.

I guess I'll be ready to go in ~6 hours! My addon users have to wait for updates if some addon is broken, sorry. :P
06-29-11, 06:09 PM   #2
Saiket
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Have you tried turning off Peer to Peer in the download manager's settings? I think that forces it to download from Blizzard's file server.
06-29-11, 07:26 PM   #3
Vlad
A Molten Giant

I found what the bug was, had to disable "automatic detection" in my system internet options proxy settings. Then bom all was okay, hehe. "fun" bug
06-29-11, 11:41 PM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
I guess I'll be ready to go in ~6 hours! My addon users have to wait for updates if some addon is broken, sorry. :P
I miss taking my laptop to a friend's house and leech off his cable internet, then taking the patch home to run it on my computer. I'm on dialup and that was the only practical way to get a patch on my home system in reasonable time. For content patches like this one, I'd have to download for a week straight, meanwhile, I can't do anything online until the download is done.
06-30-11, 11:09 PM   #5
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You play WoW on dial-up? I have 22 mg and I get lag issues once in awhile, I can't imagine dial-up God love ya, thats dedication!

07-01-11, 12:23 AM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It works decent enough if you don't ever plan on doing PvP or raiding. Then again, once every week or two, I just take my laptop over to my friend's house and use his internet to go raiding with our guild.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » I kind of miss the old patch system