03-05-11, 01:29 PM   #1
Neef
A Cliff Giant

LF: AH Scanner -or- Auctioneer Help

I'm not a big AH mogul and don't plan on becoming one. However, I've used Auctioneer in the past and I really like the AH scanner and the pricing information that appears is displayed in tooltips.

However, that's the only thing I ever use it for. I don't use anything else in the suite.
So, I'm looking either:

- An addon that can do a complete scan of everything in the AH, keep a history, and display the prices in tooltips

*or*

- Advice on which modules that come with Auctioneer I can disable/delete and still keep the AH Scan, AH history, and pricing info in tooltips.
03-05-11, 03:48 PM   #2
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
I might have a suggestion that has nothing to do with you storing and scanning the AH. The Undermine Journal has an //-- Link removed --// , that is constantly (hourly) updated.

According to the instructions:
Updating Market Data
You will need to update your addon with the current market prices from time to time, including right after installation. The addon will remember market prices for up to two weeks, but you may update it at any time with this procedure.

1. Click this link:
Send Server Faction Market Data to Clipboard - This is from the website
2. In the game, type /tuj at the chat prompt.

3. A window will appear. Paste the information into the window's text box by pressing Ctrl-V on your keyboard.

4. Note: The game client may completely freeze for 10 to 20 seconds immediately after you press Ctrl-V. This is normal. World of Warcraft isn't designed to receive so much data via text box at once.

--I've had this happen but Scanning depending your system may be so much longer. It's startling at first but very very normal.
5. Press the "Okay" button in the window.
6. Your chat window should soon say something like "The Undermine Journal: Import Complete"

I update every week maybe twice a week if I care. In the Tooltip it shows you when you have last updated. Market price and regent price (dream cloth and Chaos orbs being what they are kind of mess up any scan though)

My fave about this is my main never has to go to the near the AH. Also the scan can only do what is currently on the AH. TUJ keeps track of anything that has every been on the AH since its resurrection so if your scans have never seen say //-- Link removed --// Enchantment Bracer - Agility TUJ still shows the rate because it's been on the AH before sometime.

The bad thing is Toggling back and forth to cut and paste but that can be avoided by coping it before you login. Doesn't work on EU servers because he hasn't been able to start those servers. It is still being tested but I haven't had any problems.

Last edited by Nobgul : 03-06-11 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Removed offsite links. Please see site rules.
03-05-11, 04:57 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Neef View Post

- An addon that can do a complete scan of everything in the AH, keep a history, and display the prices in tooltips
AuctionMaster will do what you need, and isn't so bloated. Check the options to enable prices in tooltips.
03-06-11, 09:46 AM   #4
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Site Rules.
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158

8. Please do not post outside links for addons, unless they are located on trusted sites such as Curse, wowace, googlecode, etc. It's so easy to just host it here - if you would like to offer it to someone else, just upload it. Any link like www.thisrandomserver-1211.net/thisnewaddon.zip will be removed.
All off site links sent to /dev/null/

Thank You.

Last edited by Nobgul : 03-06-11 at 09:49 AM.
03-06-11, 09:55 AM   #5
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
I know both of these have an AH scan feature that can display auction price in your tooltip:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ctionLite.html

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ctionator.html
(this version is a little outdated, the link on that addon's page will lead you to a more updated version)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF: AH Scanner -or- Auctioneer Help