11-22-13, 11:03 PM   #1
safierdrgn
A Defias Bandit
Game freezes whenever something new happens

The game freezes for a few seconds up to about ten seconds whenever I pick up a new quest item, talk to a new NPC, go to a new dungeon, something new dies..etc. I am not getting any errors popping up, I have cleared the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled carbonite, run it just by itself and no matter what it's still freezing.

I am not sure how to go about getting this to work. I've just come back to the game and this was one of my favorite addons.

This is with version 5.1.6

11-22-13, 11:09 PM   #2
Sparkplug
A Cyclonian

I'd recommend trying the beta release. It's pretty stable and may fix your issue.

11-23-13, 05:08 PM   #3
safierdrgn
A Defias Bandit
Tried version 5.4.0-Alpha-2 and it's still doing it. I made sure I cleaned out all the old Carbonite stuff before I installed this one. Not sure what is going on here. Is there something in the Blizzard standard interface I need to turn off?

11-24-13, 01:09 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
The beta version is modular. Each module is a separate addon. See if you can narrow down which one is the problem.

11-26-13, 05:10 PM   #5
safierdrgn
A Defias Bandit
I tried disabling the modules one by one until it didn't freeze anymore.
It was still freezing until I disabled "Carbonite Quest 1.0"...then they stopped. This unfortunately is what I use Carbonite for...again I have no clue why it's not working for me yet works just fine for my friend.

11-26-13, 11:44 PM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
That sounds, frankly, like either an interaction between two addons (one of which your friend is not using) or corruption of one of the carbonite.lua files in the wtf folder. Probably the latter.

Does the problem still occur with the carb quest module as the only active addon?

12-02-13, 12:10 AM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It most likely does... I have no idea what is happening still, as most people have no problems with it, but for a select few people, for no reason I can figure out, the quest module causes pauses or delays anytime they kill a mob, or pick up a quest item.

12-04-13, 10:32 AM   #8
sandlolz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm getting the quest action pause as well. It seems to be far worse in pandaland. questing on my lock in wpl, the pause is very short (bearable), but in jade forest, it's almost 2 seconds.

Also, when I first login to the game there's a 4-5 second pause.

None of this was happening until I updated to the newest build, 5.1.6 or whatever number it is. The alpha/beta one.

12-04-13, 11:25 AM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The pause when you login is normal and expected. Because many of the things carbonite does when it starts are blocked during combat people were having issue's if they needed to relog during a raid, or crashed during a fight. I moved everything outside of the login state so it won't cause problems, but it means you do see the small delay as it initializes everything.

12-04-13, 11:59 AM   #10
sandlolz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok. i'm working on isolating what the issue could be with the quest item pause. so far i've disabled all node tracking and zone reporting, guild/group reporting stuff and it's still there so i'm guessing the issue isn't with carbonite itself;. next i'm going to disable all other addons (i have tons) and reenable them incrementally to see what i can find out.

12-04-13, 06:25 PM   #11
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might want to check for addons that handle the events QUEST_LOG_UPDATE and/or UNIT_QUEST_LOG_CHANGED as they may be doing a lot of work during those events that cause headaches.

12-07-13, 09:26 AM   #12
sandlolz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just checking back in on this. In my 'testing' I disabled everything but xperl, dominos, and icehud and the pause was still there.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Game freezes whenever something new happens