09-20-05, 01:12 PM   #1
Myn
A Defias Bandit
CT MOD installation help please

Hello,
First post here. I have had CT MOD on my home pc, as well as my laptop. For some reason the latest patch of WOW (1.7 I believe) removed my mod.

I have dl's the new CT_Core_1[1].77.zip to my desktop in zip form. opened it, ctrl A then and "ctrl C" to copy.
The opened to c/program files/wow/interface/ addons folder and pasted files.

When I go into game, I do not have any add on button in the "enter world" screen, and in game no ct mod.

I have read the FAQ, and tried to do this about 100 times over the past three days. I know I must be doing something wrong.

the CT mod files have 87 files, starting with Bindings.xml and ending with white circle.tga

I am not the most technically sophisticated, but I should be able to do this...
any help would be appreciated.

Am i not opening the zip correctly?
Should I be creating a new folder within addons?

Thanks
09-20-05, 02:02 PM   #2
Rags
A Cyclonian

Don't take this wrong, I'm going to break it down fundamentally... like I'd describe how to check for things when I'm talking to my wife (who is smart, but not computer savvy).

First, open your windows explorer. On the top menu bar, click View and select Details, this will make it easier to find the folders in question.

Now, browse to the ~World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder.

Do you see the list of CT Mods there? They are labelled CT_* (CT_Bags, CT_BarMod, etc)

Now, look to see if there's a folder called Interface (within ~Interface\AddOns). If so, open that up, double click AddOns, and highlight and copy all the folders/files there. Go back up to the original ~World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons folder and paste the stuff from the other folder. Once that's done, you can delete the redundant Interface folder (the one embedded in ~World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons)

Do you now see all the CT Mods? If you do, go ahead and start WoW up, log in and at the character selection screen click the AddOns button in the lower left. Do you see the CT Mods in there? Are they checked?

If all of these are true, and you STILL are having issues... It will take someone else better at troubleshooting than I to fix you up.
09-21-05, 12:49 PM   #3
Myn
A Defias Bandit
No additional interface folder in addons :(

First off, thank you for your response.
I certainly will not take offense to anyone wishing to explain something to me in the simplest of ways. After all, genius is taking the complex and conveying it simply..so much appreciated.

However, under wow\interface\addons the CT_ mods exist but there is no additional interface folder within that folder.

Myn
illidan rogue

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
09-21-05, 03:35 PM   #4
Sorian
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Case correct?

The directory you install your addons to is the proper case (the capital letters and lowercase letters are correct).

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
09-21-05, 03:40 PM   #5
Rags
A Cyclonian

hmm...

I just want to verify that your AddOns folder looks like the attached picture (AddOns.jpg).

If so, ensure you're logged out and the game is closed. Try renaming your ~World of Warcraft\WTF folder from WTF to WTF.old

restart the game, log in and get to the Character Selection Screen. Is the AddOns button there now?

Do you have 2 World of Warcraft directories? I have mine installed in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft, my wife has hers installed in C:\World of Warcraft

If you're actually running the game from one and putting the UI into another... that would be the cause.

Beyond that... I'm stumped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AddOns.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	194  
09-21-05, 05:38 PM   #6
Myn
A Defias Bandit
making progress.

ok. Thanks for the picture, that really helped because mine did not look the same.
1) I did not have folders, they were just the files that I copied from the .zip
therefore, under the files section on the right hand side, there was no "+" tab next to the AddOns folder, in other words i could not expand it, it was only a single folder and when I opened it all the files were in the folder.

2) After decided to go through my C drive in great detail, to make sure that there was not another WOW file. and i found one! under c:\documents and settings\pdx\my documents\wow interface
Not sure how it got there, but when I opened that, it looked like your picture. so...I copied those files and pasted them to the AddOns folder where I started this whole thing. went into the game and it worked! Addons button in enter world screen and all, but it said addons were outdated. so I am back where I was before, but I don't think I have the lastest files...

Thanks for your help for those of you who have been patient with me.
BTW I also saw a copy of all these files in D: as well??..??
so now I have three places with WOW Interface folders on two drives?
really wierd, or i'm really dumb (probably more of the latter:/ )
09-21-05, 06:40 PM   #7
Rags
A Cyclonian

Thumbs up

at last you have them in the right spot!

OK, with the extra copies. We're going to cheat. Grab the shortcut you use to open WoW when you want to play. Right click that puppy and select Properties.

If it's a shortcut, it will show you a section called Start In:

Take a look at that, if the "extra" folders are NOT in that directory, then they are safe to move/remove/whatever. Odds are the one in your My Documents folder are safe to get rid of, I'm just wanting to be sure the one in you D drive isn't the directory you're really playing the game from.

Anyway, in the future, when extracting a UI, make sure it follows the format you see in that pic I put up, it'll save you some headache in the future

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CT MOD installation help please