09-09-05, 04:13 PM   #1
Jeruka
A Defias Bandit
Problems with Installing Auctioneer(no add on button at start)

Ok I have read a lot of posts on missing addon buttons at the char selection screen. None of them seem to have solved my problem. I previously had the 2.6 version and it semi-worked, WHat I mean is I got the message saying something about this add on is old so on and so forth I eneabled it but it did not work. Make a long story short I dled the newest version and extracted it to the C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns folder. Within that folder I have an Auctioneer folder and a EnhTooltip folder. After reading peoples posts and it not working I uninstalled WoW, didn't know if that helped. But after reading the this site I fiond myself at this spot over and over again. Is there something I am doing wrong?

The file paths for what I have installed are as followed:
C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Auctioneer
Inside this folder are 12 objects
AHScanning.lua
Auctioneer
Auctioneer.lua
Auctioneer.toc
BalancedList.lua
DisplayInfo.lua
ItemData.lua
localization.lua
MeshData.lua
nopatch
README
UpdateUI

C:\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\EnhTooltip
Inside this folder is 5 objects
EnhTooltip.toc
nopatch
Tooltip
Tooltip.lua
UpdateUI

So am I doing anything wrong? To my knowledge I have followed all the directions this forum has to offer. Please help.

Thx
09-09-05, 04:22 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay, just to verify, you are saying that there is no AddOn button on your Character Select screen, correct?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-09-05, 04:28 PM   #3
Jeruka
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for replying so fast, btw to answer your question yes, there is no add on, But like the idiot I am I installed the game on the D drive and I also have it on C, putting the files in my D drive made it work, I apologize for wasting your time.
09-09-05, 04:37 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
No problem at all. That was what I was about to have you check. Glad you found the problem.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-09-05, 06:39 PM   #5
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Jeruka
Thank you for replying so fast, btw to answer your question yes, there is no add on, But like the idiot I am I installed the game on the D drive and I also have it on C, putting the files in my D drive made it work, I apologize for wasting your time.
Sounds like you can delete it off C

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Problems with Installing Auctioneer(no add on button at start)