01-15-10, 05:10 AM   #1
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
2 Unrelated Problems -- Any ideas?

I have two fairly annoying that cropped up since about 3.3. I'm fairly certain that both of these are caused by my addons, but I have a lot. Also, my problems are both fairly random, so trying to play without most of my UI would be most difficult for me.

The first problem is that some of the time, my Recount and Atlas menus will have the bottom 1/4 or so greyed out, and unselectable. See attached pictures. Given that it affects both of them, I'm guessing it has something to do with a bug that's messing up the library they're both using to create said menus? Any idea what it is?

The second problem is that when I play my druid, I will sometimes completely disconnect, and any attempt to log back in will result in an instantaneous disconnect again. This happens as many times as I try to reconnect, until I log another toon besides my druid. Then it'll work just fine again. The timing appears to be fairly random, though it seems to happen an awful lot right as I make a pull. It may just seem that way though, because of how frustrating it is knowing I just doomed my raid. I know that tonight it happened again, just a few seconds after I walked out of the raid, so not always when in combat, or beginning combat or anything.

Any insights anyone can lend to help me solve these would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AtlasMenu.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	3846  Click image for larger version

Name:	RecountMenu.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	3847  
01-15-10, 08:44 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The menu issue is a blizzard bug, iirc, having to do with entries in a dropdown over a certain number. Make sure you try running the latest versions of the addons. I'm not sure if they found a workaround for it or not, but may be worth it to check.

The disconnect issue, I'm not sure. I'm assuming you disconnect from the server and get kicked to the login screen? (Not a crash to the desktop.) You may have an addon trying to parse too much data at once when you enter combat, which occasionally causes you to desync from the servers, making it think you've disconnected. When you log back in, you and your raid are probably still in combat. If you log into someone else first, perhaps your group is already finished with the pull... Try having a window open showing the profiling for (at least the highest) addons when you are in your raid. Whichever one's CPU shoots up is probably causing your disconnect.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 2 Unrelated Problems -- Any ideas?