11-28-10, 04:54 AM   #1
Kinglymatix
A Defias Bandit
I need all the help i can get! Please Help!!

I have been playing World of Warcraft for 4 years now. The entire time I have been playing I have never got into Ui ad dons. So pretty much I have no idea what is going on when dealing with that. So the help i need is setting up a bad ass ui addon for my game. I saw amazing uis with kgpanels or something like that. So if anyone could please help me set one up you can either email me at [email protected] or post on here. I will do anything in return that could help you out. Also if you are lucky enough to be on my server I will pay you in gold. So please anyone that could help me you would be my hero. I really want to set up a amazing looking ui. Thank you for you're time!
11-28-10, 05:09 AM   #2
red8981
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
lol, this is a wierd post.
First, what is your server?
Second, making a UI requires more addons then just kgpanel
Third, there are complete UI made by other people already. Portal to them.
11-28-10, 05:16 AM   #3
Kinglymatix
A Defias Bandit
I am on server Tichondrius,Gorefiend or Archimonde. Do you think you could just send me a link to any good ui cause i did not know what to click on after you sent me that link. I am sure it takes more than just kgpanels but like I explained I have no idea what goes on with uis. I just need help getting a badass one that is all i want for christmas
11-28-10, 05:18 AM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

If you are unfamiliar with the way addons work, then my first suggestion would be to try an "all in one" ui such as nUI, which can be downloaded here, or TukUI from TukUI.org.

Both of these work in much the same way, ie they both set up your action bars, unit frames etc., albeit in very different ways.
If you decide to take the do-it-yourself approach, just remember that setting up your own ui from scratch can be a very daunting proposal, especially if you've been playing WoW with just the defaults for four years. If you decide this is the route you want to take, then I suggest you start with the most basic pieces first; Find addons for unit frames, action bars and possibly a minimap replacement to begin with. Experiment with those. Place them in a way that works for you and don't worry (at least, to begin with) about how it might look to someone else. The most important part of designing a ui is setting things up in a way that compliments your play-style and not what someone told you it should look like.

If you run into problems (don't worry, you will) ask your questions here, and you will almost always get a fast and polite response. WoWI is the place to go with questions regarding individual addons and ui setup.

Good luck and have fun!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
11-28-10, 05:29 AM   #5
Kinglymatix
A Defias Bandit
This is exactly what i want http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rkgPanels.html. One of the wow uis on the right side of that screen. So if anyone could please please please help me get that ui. I will do anything in return to help that person out thank you soo much for you're time!
11-28-10, 07:18 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
On the page you linked (Viviens Art Packs for kgPanels) the screenshots not only show the artwork you can download from that page (which requires you to be familiar with another addon -- kgPanels -- to actually show the artwork on your screen), but also show dozens of other addons that have all been downloaded, installed, and configured individually. The page you linked is NOT a premade UI. It is an art pack for use with a single, specific addon.

If you want a premade UI, there are several linked on that page. A premade UI includes all of the addons AND settings you need to get exactly what's shown on the download page screenshot. Look for one that (a) looks good to you, (b) has been updated recently, and (c) has installation instructions on the download page. Then, download the premade UI package, and follow the instructions.

Most likely, the screenshots on the page you linked are from the art pack uploader's personal UI, which is probably not available anywhere. You could recreate it yourself, but you would have to spend a lot of time configuring many individual addons.

Personally, though, if you're new to addons, I'd tell you to AVOID premade UIs. You'll end up with a better understanding of how to customize your UI, and a better overall UI, if you start by installing an addon or two that adds functionality you want, and figuring out how to use those. For example, if you want art panels, install kgPanels and figure out how to use it. Then, install an action bar mod and figure out how to use it to move your action buttons over the art panels you added with kgPanels. Then, install a unit frame mod and figure out how to use it to move your unit frames around and change how they look.

Last edited by Phanx : 11-28-10 at 07:21 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » I need all the help i can get! Please Help!!