01-06-08, 01:11 PM   #1
schaver
A Defias Bandit
Continual crashing on a Macbook; 3D model problem?

First off I just want to say that I really appreciate everyone who works on this project, it's just a fantastic UI with an incredible layout and great functionality. But I am having a pretty chronic problem and I am loathe to disable the UI so hopefully someone here can help!

I've installed and reinstalled MazzleUI several times over now, and each time it works for awhile but then, apparently when targeting certain NPCs or mobs, the game completely crashes. For awhile it seemed to be localized on a character-by-character basis but then I realized something was up with all of my characters. What happens is when I click on certain mobs, the model frame (in the center-bottom of the screen, the one where the targeted model shows up-- you know the one ) shows a bunch of garbled vectors, then the game locks up for a few seconds and shuts down.

I'm positive it's not a problem with the way I installed it, as I've copied the Interface folder directly both from another Mac and a PC, both of which run it perfectly fine. Also, it generally works for awhile after a recopy/reinstall, and the crashes seem to be completely random.

Any ideas?
01-09-08, 02:55 AM   #2
bigduke6
A Murloc Raider

Try to reproduce without Mazzle running. Use a clean interface and WTF folder. Check your OS system version to be sure it is up to date (Tiger or Leopard).

If you problem occurs without Mazzle, then check Blizz's forums for help. I seem to recall something similar, but a quick scan didn't give me any ideas.

If the problem doesn't occur without Mazzle, then come back here and let us know. Include your OS system version, and any Mazzle or other UI mods you may have manually updated or added.

Good Luck.
01-09-08, 07:08 AM   #3
Sarttiz
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by bigduke6
Try to reproduce without Mazzle running. Use a clean interface and WTF folder. Check your OS system version to be sure it is up to date (Tiger or Leopard).

If you problem occurs without Mazzle, then check Blizz's forums for help. I seem to recall something similar, but a quick scan didn't give me any ideas.

If the problem doesn't occur without Mazzle, then come back here and let us know. Include your OS system version, and any Mazzle or other UI mods you may have manually updated or added.

Good Luck.
I am having a similar problem but I am using a Windows XP desk top machine instead of a mac. I didn't know if I should start my own thread or post in this one. I seem to crash a lot especially when I die like in the BG. It doesn’t seem to happen all the time but more times than not. Random I will just crash. I disable Mazzle and it stopped crashing, so it has something to do with the UI from what I can tell. When I get home I will post a list of my UI.

Last edited by Sarttiz : 01-09-08 at 07:12 AM.
01-11-08, 12:56 AM   #4
bigduke6
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Sarttiz
I seem to crash a lot especially when I die like in the BG.
The death effect that appears when you die represents a graphics change. It is sort of an advanced presentation (though it is black and white). In testing i have seen crashes at this point and they stopped when I turned off the effect in video preferences. Though you say it happens when Mazzle is running, it could be a coincidence.

My experience is Mac-based and I don't have an familiarity with Windows XP graphics drivers, so I can't offer anything specific for a Windows CPU, sorry.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Continual crashing on a Macbook; 3D model problem?