02-21-08, 07:18 AM   #1
lordgreg
An Aku'mai Servant

CooldownTimers2 replacement or help?

Heyhey there

I was looking for an addon that could show me MY spell cooldowns as a BAR and as that flashy icon that appears over you when CD is done.

Well, i have found CooldownTimers2 but it lacks of options to completely remove item cd and global cd. Other than that, it gives me number of errors when creating new profile and trying to change settings there so.

If you know any alternative or you can help me out with CDT2 to remove Global and Item CD completely, please help me out:$

Thank you!
02-21-08, 07:34 AM   #2
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Try Sorren's Timers. Might have the options you want. I know it's in bar format.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ensTimers.html
02-21-08, 11:02 AM   #3
Hellarion
A Black Drake

used to be one called jims cooldown pulse that would flash the icon of the skill or item u just used when it was ready. i think its still around somewhere
02-21-08, 12:39 PM   #4
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Originally Posted by lordgreg View Post
it lacks of options to completely remove item cd and global cd
i'm using CooldownTimers2 and i have disabled both global and item cooldowns i don't want to see. iirc, the global cooldown is just an item in one of the lists (there are 3 seperate ones, right?) and items have category to themself? just uncheck them all?

unfortunately, i'm at work and also my vidcard died three days ago (upgrade by UPS today, i hope), so i can't verify...but i'm about 99% certain i'm using select items from CDT2 and SorrenTimers to cover all my "timer" needs and i know that i have no GCD showing and only the item cd i want to see.
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
02-22-08, 12:13 AM   #5
lordgreg
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Rigorous View Post
i'm using CooldownTimers2 and i have disabled both global and item cooldowns i don't want to see. iirc, the global cooldown is just an item in one of the lists (there are 3 seperate ones, right?) and items have category to themself? just uncheck them all?

unfortunately, i'm at work and also my vidcard died three days ago (upgrade by UPS today, i hope), so i can't verify...but i'm about 99% certain i'm using select items from CDT2 and SorrenTimers to cover all my "timer" needs and i know that i have no GCD showing and only the item cd i want to see.
well.. i couldn't find the enable/disable checkbox, but i did just deleted them which brought another gazillion of errors on my screen

i will take another look and uncheck all option under global and item cooldown.

will report back

i am using 2 diferent addons at the moment:

hourglass (ace2) which shows you your CD's as bars, but some settings are hardcoded, meaning i've needed to change the width, font size, height, etc in the code itself.

the second one is the one Hellarion told- Jim's Cooldown Pulse; even though it's listed as Outdated, the addy works perfectly fine.

Thank you all
02-22-08, 12:26 PM   #6
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Originally Posted by lordgreg View Post
well.. i couldn't find the enable/disable checkbox
got my new card and logged on to take a look last night. sure enough, i can't find a gcd setting either, yet it definitely does not show in my cooldowns...so i don't know what to say...
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
02-22-08, 03:20 PM   #7
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Sorrens timers has global cooldown as I use cooldowntimers2 as well and it doesn't have a Global cooldown that I am aware of
02-22-08, 03:34 PM   #8
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quartz casting bar can also show the global cooldown if that might be a better solution for you (if you need or want a casting bar replacement as well).
02-23-08, 01:43 AM   #9
lordgreg
An Aku'mai Servant

that's actually the point. i don't need global cooldowns. i need spell cooldowns. so far, as stated, i use hourglass but it lacks the options i need. maybe even i'll have time to upgrade the code or something.

cooldowntimer2 is nice, but if you check official thread on wowace, you'll notice noone is actually taking care of the addon at all.

oh well... need to kinda start spamming the author or something

thanks all

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CooldownTimers2 replacement or help?