12-23-05, 07:14 AM   #1
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Cooldown Alert Mod?

I saw this one some hunter PVP video (Sorry I don't have link) and he had an addon that looked like SCT but showed when spells with cooldowns had finished cooling down. It just said something like "Arcane Shot Is Ready" at the top. Looked pretty useful for a mage, too. I wish I had more to go on. Thanks for the help.
12-23-05, 12:10 PM   #2
Draxian
A Kobold Labourer
RE: Cooldown Alert Mod?

You could try Cooldown Timer Bars, by Sorren of Bleeding Hollow. It can be found here.

Screenshot:

Description :
Cooldown Timer Bars will scan your spellbook/inventory for skills/items that are in cooldown and will create draggable bars for your cooldowns.

/cdt menu to bring up the menu, /cdt groups to bring up the groups.

Wow! I forgot to put up a description of the group system!

There are two types of groups: Normal Groups(I think I call them simple groups if you nose through the LUA) and Omni groups. Omni groups work by placing every cooldown containing a certain word in the group. Simple groups work by putting any cooldown matching a member into the group.

For example, to bind Arcane Shot and Aimed Shot together(they share a cooldown) I would make a group called Aimed Shot and add Arcane Shot as a member. This way Arcane shot always triggers the Aimed Shot cooldown, rather than having a box for its own.

For groups with many items containing the same word, I created Omni Groups. These groups work the same, you create the group, but the member is different. If you put a % before the member name, it instead searches the name of the cooldown for that word, and if it contains that word it will put it in the group. For potions you would create a group called Potions and create a member called %Potion.

Currently trying to do:
Fix silence from filling all the bars with nonsense
Add more customizability
12-23-05, 12:15 PM   #3
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I was hoping for something that didn't have icons all over the place. I just want a piece of text to pop up telling me a cooldown has been met.
12-23-05, 01:18 PM   #4
dorkino
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
If you use the Bib toolbars mod, there's an accompanying mod called CooldownCount which places numbers counting down on the icons of the spells that have a cooldown. The numbers are in minutes (or seconds if less than 1 min) and can be scaled.
12-23-05, 11:07 PM   #5
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I'm looking for something like SCT, but just announcing spell cooldowns.
12-25-05, 10:17 PM   #6
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Any luck anyone?
12-26-05, 08:18 AM   #7
Nefas
A Murloc Raider
the link already provided w/ Cooldown Timers does what you want if you had bothered to look at it. Just hide the cooldown bars. When something is ready to use it prints a big banner message in the middle of your screen.
12-26-05, 02:56 PM   #8
gariig
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Nefas
the link already provided w/ Cooldown Timers does what you want if you had bothered to look at it. Just hide the cooldown bars.
I did look at it, but that's a lot of extra "stuff" for something so basic. I might end up going with it since the author is going to give the option at some later point to not show the timers.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Cooldown Alert Mod?