09-10-06, 12:31 PM   #221
riekl
A Murloc Raider
I'm an idiot .. i can not figure this mod out.

I go to my spellbook go to the 4th tab and assign some shift left click actions, i close the spellbook hold shift and left click, nothing happens, what am i missing ?
09-10-06, 02:51 PM   #222
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by riekl
I'm an idiot .. i can not figure this mod out.

I go to my spellbook go to the 4th tab and assign some shift left click actions, i close the spellbook hold shift and left click, nothing happens, what am i missing ?
ehm. Do you click on your unitframes?
09-10-06, 05:50 PM   #223
riekl
A Murloc Raider
Uh what unit frames ? i've tried the click options on every window on my screen .. is there a certain frame addon i need to use with clique ?
09-10-06, 05:54 PM   #224
BlackPanther
A Fallenroot Satyr
No, Clique supports all unitframe addons i know of.

You use Clique by using your specified click combination on the unitframe of the spells target. e.g. if you want to cast a flashheal on yourself and have bound flashheal to shift-leftclick you must shift-leftclick on yourself in the group/raid frame.
09-11-06, 10:28 AM   #225
sixstring
A Defias Bandit
doctor druid

Hi. Id like to use clique alongside doctor druid but dont know how to put the DD functions into clique. Earlier in this thread you mentioned needing the syntax for calling the function. How would I find this for DD?
09-11-06, 11:42 AM   #226
griith
A Murloc Raider
submitted a feature request for a plugin for squeaky wheel.

yes i know clique works with squeaky wheel but only with ctra integration enabled and ctra installed.

not sure about whats going on. i see you have squeaky wheel plugin.

yet squeaky wheel behaves exactly like the author said it should with out Ctra

when frame is clicked it merely targets the person

Last edited by griith : 09-11-06 at 12:22 PM.
09-12-06, 04:52 AM   #227
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by griith
submitted a feature request for a plugin for squeaky wheel.

yes i know clique works with squeaky wheel but only with ctra integration enabled and ctra installed.

not sure about whats going on. i see you have squeaky wheel plugin.

yet squeaky wheel behaves exactly like the author said it should with out Ctra

when frame is clicked it merely targets the person

Its a bug (logic error to be specific). Please post a bug on the portal stating such.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
09-12-06, 09:10 AM   #228
griith
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Its a bug (logic error to be specific). Please post a bug on the portal stating such.

when you say logic error? you mean with Squeaky Wheel code? and post that on that author portal?
09-12-06, 11:38 AM   #229
shadowform
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up PerfectRaid

Any possibility of adding support for PerfectRaid? These two would be an awesome combo for minimizing UI space used! Thanks in advance!
09-12-06, 12:34 PM   #230
Zakhi
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation

Perfectraid is supported, used it just now

On another note, I don't retain my target when casting, I change to the target of the spell as soon as I click, after cast I'm stuck with the new target. Don't think that's how it's meant to be, not getting any error messages though.

Otherwise, kick ass

*Edit* I retain my hostile targets, only friendly gets changed. Might be as intended.

Last edited by Zakhi : 09-12-06 at 01:31 PM.
09-12-06, 03:27 PM   #231
Raif
A Defias Bandit
Hey.

I've been using Watchdog for a loooong time and I just love Clique.

That being said, I'm having problems using Clique with "Innervate FTW" (which is, obviously, an innvervate mod which does some things like mana checking, telling the recipient about the innervate and stuff). IFTW is being used by putting "/script iftwfe:cast()" into a macro.

So I tried putting just "iftwfe:cast()" into a Clique macro. Unfortunately the wrong unit (or no unit) is selected, or IFTW thinks none is selected, and refuses to innervate. Next thing I tried was putting "SpellTargetUnit(Clique.unit)" before and after "iftwfe:cast()", but that didn't work either. As you can see I don't have a clue about how the targeting should be Perhaps you can give me some advice.

Thanks, for both your help and your great mods.

Edit: I just tried my last version again, and it did work, but I wasn't in a raid... I'll re-check tomorrow. So please disregard the problem in this post for now and just focus on the praise
09-12-06, 04:53 PM   #232
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by griith
when you say logic error? you mean with Squeaky Whe el code? and post that on that author portal?
No, with the plugin. Please post a bug report on my portal.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
09-12-06, 04:54 PM   #233
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Zakhi
Perfectraid is supported, used it just now

On another note, I don't retain my target when casting, I change to the target of the spell as soon as I click, after cast I'm stuck with the new target. Don't think that's how it's meant to be, not getting any error messages though.

Otherwise, kick ass

*Edit* I retain my hostile targets, only friendly gets changed. Might be as intended.
This is not as intended, and I am unable to reproduce (I heal with PerfectRaid nightly). Please disable all mods except PR and Clique and make sure you can reproduce the issue.
09-12-06, 04:55 PM   #234
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Raif
Hey.

I've been using Watchdog for a loooong time and I just love Clique.

That being said, I'm having problems using Clique with "Innervate FTW" (which is, obviously, an innvervate mod which does some things like mana checking, telling the recipient about the innervate and stuff). IFTW is being used by putting "/script iftwfe:cast()" into a macro.

So I tried putting just "iftwfe:cast()" into a Clique macro. Unfortunately the wrong unit (or no unit) is selected, or IFTW thinks none is selected, and refuses to innervate. Next thing I tried was putting "SpellTargetUnit(Clique.unit)" before and after "iftwfe:cast()", but that didn't work either. As you can see I don't have a clue about how the targeting should be Perhaps you can give me some advice.

Thanks, for both your help and your great mods.

Edit: I just tried my last version again, and it did work, but I wasn't in a raid... I'll re-check tomorrow. So please disregard the problem in this post for now and just focus on the praise
YOu would probably want Clique:TargetUnit() iftwfe:cast(), because SpellTargeUnit only does something if you're already casting a spell
09-13-06, 03:25 AM   #235
Symsy
A Kobold Labourer
Hm - am I right?

Clique is an advantage for all that users who (mostly) use the mouse to play WoW. If I am an short cut keyboard user, I have no advantage.
As keyboard user I click on the target an press an key or vice versa.
Sound for me like "hold down the shift key and left klick" (or so) like it is explained to use clique.
09-13-06, 05:53 AM   #236
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Symsy
Hm - am I right?

Clique is an advantage for all that users who (mostly) use the mouse to play WoW. If I am an short cut keyboard user, I have no advantage.
As keyboard user I click on the target an press an key or vice versa.
Sound for me like "hold down the shift key and left klick" (or so) like it is explained to use clique.
I'm not sure what you're asking. If you use shortcuts, then you have to press a key and click, or click then press a key. This is two steps, as opposed to the one click required to cast when using Clique, which is its entire purpose.
09-15-06, 08:05 AM   #237
Raif
A Defias Bandit
YOu would probably want Clique:TargetUnit() iftwfe:cast(), because SpellTargeUnit only does something if you're already casting a spell
Thanks, this works -- almost perfectly. In fact, the proper person gets innervated, but IFTW also notifies the recipient by whispering "You've been innervated" and /saying "%t has been innvervated". This message, however, only goes out to myself, meaning IFTW thinks that I've innervated myself. This happens if my actual target is the one I've clicked on as well as if I've targeted someone completely different.

I've tried looking at IFTW's code, and it sends the notification from an OnUpdate event, not directly after casting innervate. But I have no clue about the implications -- I just find it very, very curious why IFTW thinks that I've innervated myself even though my target is the one I've clicked on...

If you have any ideas on how to fix this then I'd be very happy. IFTW is available on Curse: http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...ervateftw.html

Thanks,
Raif
09-15-06, 08:07 AM   #238
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Raif
Thanks, this works -- almost perfectly. In fact, the proper person gets innervated, but IFTW also notifies the recipient by whispering "You've been innervated" and /saying "%t has been innvervated". This message, however, only goes out to myself, meaning IFTW thinks that I've innervated myself. This happens if my actual target is the one I've clicked on as well as if I've targeted someone completely different.

I've tried looking at IFTW's code, and it sends the notification from an OnUpdate event, not directly after casting innervate. But I have no clue about the implications -- I just find it very, very curious why IFTW thinks that I've innervated myself even though my target is the one I've clicked on...

If you have any ideas on how to fix this then I'd be very happy. IFTW is available on Curse: http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...ervateftw.html

Thanks,
Raif
I don't and I won't get a chance to look at it. If you use Clique:TargetUnit() then your spellcast, I'm not sure if I can help any more than that-- I just dont' have time to go through someone else's mod =(
09-15-06, 08:44 AM   #239
Pete
A Murloc Raider
Smile

Hi,
I am just trying to get into using Clique for the first time, so I have read the description / the tutorial (thx!) / the FAQ and about half of the pages here in the forum. Additionally I tried to get some answers reading the code.

Nevertheless there are still some questions left, mostly around the plugin system.

Here is what I understand / believe / am totally confused about :

General
As I understand plugins are used to
  1. tie Clique to special unitframes
    I use ag_UnitFrames currently, so I can adapt Clique in this plugin to behave specifically / differently for these frames. The functionality for a click is determined by
    plugin behaviour -> Clique behaviour ->Blizzard standard
    So if I would want special behaviour for , lets say aUF, PerfectRaid and Blizzard frames I would enter the necessary code into these plugins ?
  2. provide addition functionality
    So I can use plugins to introduce functions / methods around classes / buttons whatsoever.
Q: i have not worked out chat commands.
It seems Clique doesn't have a chat command itself, the plugins are listed when I type ace2 list ace2 but I cant enable/disable them.
Could somebody help and explain what I missed ?

Q: adapting plugins I get the button and the unit, but the Alt/Shft/Ctrl keys have to be determined by IsControlKeyDown(), IsShiftKeyDown(), IsAltKeyDown() ?
So this will result in a rather complex nested structure if I want to determine Alt+key, but not Alt+Ctrl+key or Alt+Shft+Key or Alt+Ctrl+Shft+key etc., or is there a better way ?
Any more useful vars other than unit, button (f.e. dead, friendly, hostile, ...) ?

Q: As the strength of Clique ( to my opinion anyway) is around the plugin system, are there any community examples around other than the ones Cladhaire has thankfully already provided ?

Q: would anybody recommend a simple but good healing mod which I can integrate with Clique and Perl or agUF to substitute Cladhaires plugin ?

Q: Anything important around the plugin system I forgot to ask but would be useful ?

Sorry if I asked questions which were already provided somewhere else ...

Last edited by Pete : 09-15-06 at 09:11 AM.
09-15-06, 10:55 AM   #240
Raif
A Defias Bandit
I don't and I won't get a chance to look at it. If you use Clique:TargetUnit() then your spellcast, I'm not sure if I can help any more than that-- I just dont' have time to go through someone else's mod =(
Perfectly understandable. Thanks for the quick answer.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Clique Beta Released!