08-06-20, 11:57 AM   #1
MickeyPickey
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Gathering profession world objects localization and skillup difficulty

I working on addon for Classic that shows up the requred skill info on gathering goods tooltips (deposits, herbs, skinnable units).
For now i don't found easiest way to get item requried skill data and gethering difficulty color than just to use hand-writen library of this data...

But it seems to me that this way is quite difficult because:
1. Required localized data
1.1 World obj names eg "Copper Vein",
1.2 Profession names and strings when profession don't learned eg "Required Mining" that showed on obj tooltip (i hook gametooltip to terminate is this object can be used to skillup)
*upd: "Required Mining" found in Global Strings

2. Skillup difficulty, color, required level *upd: found colors in WOW CONSTANTS
Don't found any built in way to get this values... Managed to write own library...
By the way, if this realy no way to get this value from API, does anybody know where esle i can found Difficulty list for World objects eg Copper Vein and other mines\herbs ?
*upd: found information on wowhead guide

For now problems remains: is it possible to get localized deposit object names and localized profession names

Last edited by MickeyPickey : 08-06-20 at 03:28 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Gathering profession world objects localization and skillup difficulty