02-08-06, 11:29 AM   #1
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Non-EXE Versions

For those of use who would perfer to copy the files in manually and don't wish to download an EXE file. Would it be possible for you to provide a Zipped version as well as the self installer for all of your graphic mods?

Thanks

P.S. Great work. Been using Elfwood since it came out.
02-08-06, 11:43 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I am not disregarding your request. I do agree that both options should be available. However, please allow me to say this: These .exe's are guaranteed safe. There is nothing malicious in them. There is no way that we (*Interface.com) nor Tom King would risk our good names and reputations of many many years by not only hosting, but actually creating .exe's that are malicious.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
02-08-06, 02:21 PM   #3
Drumstix42
A Murloc Raider
Though I haven't tried out the EXE's myself, I think as long as the EXE displays a list of files and where they were installed to, that it works out for the best. Most install files do this anyway. But I know that *Interface.com sites are very trusting!
02-08-06, 09:06 PM   #4
T.King
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jbcc
For those of use who would perfer to copy the files in manually and don't wish to download an EXE file. Would it be possible for you to provide a Zipped version as well as the self installer for all of your graphic mods?

Thanks

P.S. Great work. Been using Elfwood since it came out.
Thank you!

Just posted the .ZIP version, you can get it here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4578

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]
02-08-06, 10:38 PM   #5
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Cairenn
I am not disregarding your request. I do agree that both options should be available. However, please allow me to say this: These .exe's are guaranteed safe. There is nothing malicious in them. There is no way that we (*Interface.com) nor Tom King would risk our good names and reputations of many many years by not only hosting, but actually creating .exe's that are malicious.
And I was in no way implying this either. It is simply that my preference is to copy them in myself. I have chosen to put them in the Interface folder as well, instead of in the Data folder like the Elfwood zip would do.

Originally Posted by T.King
Thank you!

Just posted the .ZIP version, you can get it here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4578
Thanks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Non-EXE Versions