05-08-09, 07:42 AM   #1
soritong
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
3.1 Priest UI?

I seem to be in a bit of a pickle. I'm currently using Onslaught UI for solo and group PvE leveling and it's simply fantastic, but the healing and priestly portions are a bit lacking.

Every priest UI I can find seems to focus 100% on healing which might make it a bit more difficult to level solo.

Can anyone recommend a good 3.1 priest UI? Or at least some addons I can throw onto Onslaught to do the following:

1) Group buff - I wanna be able to toss Fortitude on everyone in my group
2) Easy healing management - Right now the process for me is to watch the small-ish Grid bars, click, and then select a heal. I feel like I'm a bit slow with that process.
3) Heal warnings - Don't know if it's possible, but perhaps a name flash or something of someone lower than 30% health?
05-08-09, 10:27 AM   #2
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Onslaught is a typical "DPS UI" it's really not good for healing classes in general. It's a very good UI for DDs, though.

Caith UI and it's derivations (like ShizzhealerUI are more healer friendly/priest specific.
05-08-09, 10:29 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't use an interface compilation but I do use Healbot for healing. See a health bar get too low .. left, right, middle, ctrl, alt , shift etc a button and click on it. Once you get the rhythm down and have the right spells set up with the right buttons that are useful to you it becomes a lot easier. The color of the bar changes based on health level or debuffs on them which will help you know when they need important big heals or critical quick heals and hots.

I also use Cryolosis from wowace website to handle priest buffs (except spirit which hasn't been introduced yet). The priest one isn't fully complete but the buff side of it does and it doesn't take much space up when not buffing. The other alternative is to just have the respective spell icon on one of the action bars and click it.
05-09-09, 10:27 AM   #4
Tari-en
A Fallenroot Satyr
4 Inspirations...my Priest Ui:

05-10-09, 12:37 PM   #5
Dawn
A Molten Giant

That's nice! Buff frames are what ? Buffed!? or Satrinas Buff Frames?
05-10-09, 12:59 PM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
You can probably do it with both
05-10-09, 10:24 PM   #7
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Yeah, it seems to be Satrinas for sure.
05-10-09, 11:58 PM   #8
Vexione
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I raid as Shadow and PVP as Discpline, and my UI here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=39094.0

works perfectly for me. When healing, I don't even use my action bars because I use Grid + Clique which lets me cast certain spells depending on how I click the players on Grid (left click = flash heal, right click = penance, alt + left click = dispel) etc. Yes at the start I was a little slow, but once you memorize everything it becomes instant results without having to think.

If you don't want to click on the link, here's a screenshot:

See it in action: (High definition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-a3lK9s9ps

Last edited by Vexione : 05-11-09 at 12:13 AM.
05-11-09, 02:56 AM   #9
Tari-en
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yep, Satrinas Buff Frames

RaidShot :>

07-08-09, 01:24 AM   #10
Redrrum
A Kobold Labourer

Not the best, but it's clean and everything I need visible, is visible.
The majority of it is Caith UI, added with Icehud, recount, powerauras ect.
Bartender4 makes it easy to select any button and assign it to any key or mouse button. And if that's still too slow, you can use macros for specific or all your heals, so that when you simply hover, it works. Better than grid or clique imo.
07-08-09, 10:03 PM   #11
Treboyea
A Murloc Raider

Soritong if you like Onslaught UI just keep using it and add something like Vuhdo or Healbot to give you better healing setup. Both of those mods will do everything you want and can be easily turned off when you are not healing.
07-08-09, 10:12 PM   #12
Katae
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Here's mine, the general layout is pretty minimal and great for healing.
07-13-09, 12:50 PM   #13
crian
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Katae View Post
Here's mine, the general layout is pretty minimal and great for healing.
which addons are you using?
12-25-09, 05:37 AM   #14
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Don't forget Clique everyone! Add that to the list of Healer necessities. It'll remove the need for 'extra' bars onScreen. Pick a good Unit Frame you like, add Clique and bam, it's dual-purpose.
12-25-09, 06:42 AM   #15
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Edit: Sorry didn't see this was a revived old thread that probably isn't viewed by OP anymore.

Last edited by Jooze : 12-25-09 at 06:44 AM.
12-25-09, 09:58 AM   #16
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Bornabe View Post
Don't forget Clique everyone! Add that to the list of Healer necessities. It'll remove the need for 'extra' bars onScreen. Pick a good Unit Frame you like, add Clique and bam, it's dual-purpose.
I seen someone else had revived this thread so I might as well reply to this :P

As a Healer, I can understand Clique being a big part of the healers job, but as a heavy keybinder myself, I prefer to hover heal myself

I used to use Clique, however, and i would recommend it to anyone trying to figure out what they want to use in regards to AddOns, although I usually recommending learning to keybind first
12-25-09, 01:42 PM   #17
Dawn
A Molten Giant

keybindings and mouseover macros FTW

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

12-25-09, 03:08 PM   #18
Diagnostics
Medic!

Premium Member
The best advice I can give is to take a weekend and try out different compilations, set-ups, addons, etc. Once you have a feel for what setup you like with specific addons; start from there and build your own personalized UI. Personaly, coming from someone who heals as a priest and shaman I found grid and clique to be best for me. But for you you may like healbot or mouseover scripts. I play several toons so I use a personalized Namkung UI (which can be found here using the search function) since it includes all the basic functions for tanking, DPSing, healing.

I replaced fubar with bazooka and appropriate LDB addons. As well as replaced dominos with Bartender4 since dominos has a horrible totembar setup. As well as bumping up the fubar/bazooka KGpanel and chatframe panel so its aligned. And also shrunk the pitbull player and target frame to 98% width so it fits inside the kgpanel frame.

Last edited by Diagnostics : 12-25-09 at 03:12 PM.
02-03-10, 10:42 AM   #19
jakire
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Tari-en View Post
4 Inspirations...my Priest Ui:

I really LOVE this UI any hint on where i can find a compilation or just a pointer in the direction of what addons you have used

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » 3.1 Priest UI?