07-21-11, 11:35 AM   #1
tiburan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up Fonts

Hey all.

Since the latest update 4.21 ive noticed that i pretty much lost all my custom fonts.
The only options i have are the default 4.

Ive been trough other post aswell looking for an answer but so far no luck.

So in short:

-It has always worked.
-I use sharedmedia including mysharedmedia custom folder.
-All my other addons still have a long list of fonts to choose from.
-Just to be sure i checked out various lua files regarding sharedmedia.

Its not a big deal but i would love it lots to have all my fonts back in carb.

Also this is not really reporting a bug or asking for a fix but its more a check to see if you guys have the same issue. (Before i delete my carbonite WTF)

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

07-21-11, 11:44 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All I know is that I've got a ton of fonts available in Carbonite. I use SharedMedia, SharedMedia_MyMedia and SharedMediaAdditionalFonts, but fonts that aren't even in those addons, but are in other addons I am using, show up in my Carbonite Fonts list. Here's a small portion of my fonts list in Carbonite:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb-Fonts_421.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	6359

You'll have to click on the picture to get a larger view. It might open in another browser tab, depending on your browser.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

07-22-11, 09:26 AM   #3
tiburan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wink

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
All I know is that I've got a ton of fonts available in Carbonite. I use SharedMedia, SharedMedia_MyMedia and SharedMediaAdditionalFonts, but fonts that aren't even in those addons, but are in other addons I am using, show up in my Carbonite Fonts list. Here's a small portion of my fonts list in Carbonite:

Attachment 6359

You'll have to click on the picture to get a larger view. It might open in another browser tab, depending on your browser.
That is exactly how it used to be over here.

Best thing i can do is clean out my WTF with anything carbonite related and do a fresh install.

Thanks Jeffy for taking the time to post that screeny.

Regards

07-22-11, 03:58 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. I know it didn't really explain anything, but, I'm as confused as you are as to how Carbonite "gets" the fonts for that list. All of the fonts that are stored in the addons I mentioned are on the list, but the font I like to use for my interface, "Emblem", is not. It's in an addon that isn't supposed to share things. Like I said. Confusing.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

07-22-11, 04:29 PM   #5
tiburan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wink

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You're welcome. I know it didn't really explain anything
Actually you did more than enough all i needed was a verification

And for my problem it got fixed by removing "Carbonite.lua and Carbonite.lua.bak"

And about your "Emblem" font i'm pretty sure you got LibSharedMedia installed:
Shared handling of media data (fonts, sounds, textures, ...) between addons.

Regards

Last edited by tiburan : 07-22-11 at 04:32 PM.

07-22-11, 05:14 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm glad you fixed the problem. Actually, if you're having a pesky problem with Carbonite, and nothing else will do it, that's usually the way to "fix" it.

Yeah, I do indeed have "LibSharedMedia" installed, and didn't realize that's how it worked (or, well, see my signature for what's probably the real reason). Thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Fonts