08-27-12, 10:51 AM   #161
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
That error was fixed in beta 3. Either that or 7-Zip can somehow manipulate time/crack into our repository and revert fixes
That's because I thought otherfiles section had the latest beta, when I downloaded it from the addon info section I got beta 3.

08-27-12, 11:14 AM   #162
KysenMurrin
A Murloc Raider
I figured that might be the case.

On another subject, which might just be stupidity on my part - I'm having a hell of a time getting Time Remaining to work. A few builds back I had a working aura that displayed when 1) debuff was not present or 2) debuff had <=3 seconds remaining. I haven't been able to recreate it at all. Now it seems any time I add a "Time Remaining" trigger, even to a basic "debuff is present" display, the whole thing stops displaying at any time.

08-27-12, 11:15 AM   #163
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Time Remaining is still broken in that release, and it's barely functional on my end right now - I'm fixing it

08-27-12, 11:30 AM   #164
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Can we get a scale option for texture auras please?
And I would assume that the scale would change the scale of all the sub displays as well.

Also will our old auras be safe till a migrate function is available, or should I back up my save file?

Also for time remaining, may want to add a round up option just like how blizzard shows it in their ui. If there is a way to do this I'm not seeing it.

08-27-12, 11:32 AM   #165
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
They're backed up internally, but to be extra sure I'd strongly recommend doing a manual backup too.

Scale option is kind of already in (use the width/height options). I might consider just sticking in a scale slider too separately however. It wouldn't affect child displays, no.

08-27-12, 11:37 AM   #166
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
This may be really complicated, but being able to make a template would be huge.
Lets say I create a texture aura and time remaining display. I can create this as a template. Then I want to create 5 buff/debuff auras. All I would have to do is create display, tell the UI to inherit my duff/debuff template. Then all I have to do enter a buff/debuff, set position, and done.

This way if I ever want to make a change to the way my 5 buff auras look, all I have to do is change the template and not edit 5 different auras.

Not effecting child displays would make it harder to use. Maybe as an option possibly.

Last edited by galvin : 08-27-12 at 11:39 AM.

08-27-12, 11:39 AM   #167
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It's one of the many things that I'd like to do

The feature would be quite easy to implement, but would still need quite a lot of work to make sure it works flawlessly. One thing I might consider (as an alternative) would be an export string like system whereby you could export the settings of a page (say, activation or style) and paste it anywhere else.

08-27-12, 12:37 PM   #168
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Having the old duplicate/copy/whatever functionality would be enough to act as a template. If you could just make a duplicate of a display inside an aura, that would be more than enough for me at least. Will be painful to do 30 or so cooldown displays, position them, resize them, change textures and make timers for every one. And that's for just one character out of ten :P.

08-27-12, 01:21 PM   #169
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Beta 4 going up. Includes new Timer/Stacks triggers which actually work. They're flagged as support triggers too - so you can set it up so that a buff only displays while having under 6 seconds remaining without needing to use the advanced editor.

As an additional note, if you add a Timer trigger to a Colour action on a display, it'll activate based upon the time provided by the activation action.

In other words, if you want it to turn red when there's less than 5 seconds remaining, it'll work perfectly fine without additional work needed. This applies to all display actions.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-27-12 at 01:25 PM.

08-27-12, 01:25 PM   #170
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
So I was thinking of making one aura, then having multiple displays for each aura. What I want to know if this is how you intended for it to be used. So I make an aura called Firelands, and I put 20+ displays in it for buffs,debuffs etc. Then I create a second aura and call it Dragon Soul. And put another 20+ displays in it. But the issue with setting it up like this is a display doesn't have a name, so it would be very difficult to pick and choose displays to copy if a copy function gets added.

The problem is the name aura and display become blurred since the display is really the aura. And the aura in the browser is the container. Least this is how I view it from an end user point of view.

If import/export works by aura then it would export all displays, then the above setup wouldn't work too well. But right now I'm trying to come up with a way to organize all my auras without making a mess.

Or did you intend that each aura only cover one buff, debuff, etc?

08-27-12, 01:31 PM   #171
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I don't really want to come out and say "I intend for <x> to be used for <y>", because really no matter what I intend <x> feature to do, people will always come up with a thousand other bizarre uses. Plus, it's more fun to let people experiment and do what they want with the addon.

Using auras as a grouping tool is 'intended', but it's not mandatory. You can work in a similar way to 4.x, with one 'effect' per aura, or you can use the auras as pages. Entirely up to you.

I'm not against the idea of allowing displays to be named (it'd be a ~30 line thing at the most). In fact, I might just sneak it in now.

Import/Export will initially work by aura, but I do have plans to let it be done on a display-by-display basis. I might be able to nail them both in one hit, too.

The biggest weakness of the browser right now is the lack of being able to filter stuff - it does make the whole grouping system more complex than it needs to be, I agree.

08-27-12, 01:54 PM   #172
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
I made some cooldown displays for my rogue, just the skill icon showing up with a running timer in the middle counting down. They disappear when the cooldown is done. Some of them keep blinking during a GCD (maybe every third time I trigger a GCD, not always) even if they're not on cooldown, so far Kick and Dismantle only, none of the other 4 I made.

The behavior is weird: Sometimes it's only the Dismantle, sometimes both, but NEVER only Kick. Sometimes they disappear at the same time, sometimes Dismantle stays up for about half a second longer. Both timers say 99 during their short appearance. They're inside the same Aura, as different displays, with inline timers in both. Kick uses Dismantle as a parent display for positioning.

Having Ignore GCD / Ignore GCD End ticked have no effect.

Edit. This seems to be fixed when clicking off "Usable" (of course, since I'm using the "Spell off Cooldown" -trigger inverted). Doh.

---

As for general usability: having Apply/Accept/Yes buttons on the right side of Cancel instead of the left feels quite counter-intuitive for me, and I often end up cancelling stuff I don't intend to :P. Might just be me, but feels like in various places those buttons are the "wrong" way around.

Also, some of the defaults feel weird. Like having timers with Digital w/ background, I don't think I'd ever have a use for it. And textures having blend defaulted to "none" instead of "glow". Of course again, personal preferences for me.

---

I've already grown fond of using the different auras as containers for several displays, a clever way of doing grouping I guess. Much prefer it to the old way of having a ton of single auras ( I think I ended up having close to 100 on my rogue in cata). Just having a "copy" button when viewing the root of a display which duplicates that display inside the aura would suffice for me, that's pretty much how I used it in the old UI as well. So in the way I'm using it now, being able to copy full auras would be useless, but copying displays would be. Well, awesome

Edit: Bug: Sometimes the "Parent Display" -list in display positioning doesn't show anything until you scroll back and forth, I think this started when I hit enough auras for it to become scrollable.

Last edited by Stabilo : 08-27-12 at 02:09 PM.

08-27-12, 02:05 PM   #173
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Is Dismantle off the GCD by any chance? That's the only thing I can think linking the two together.

Dialog buttons being reversed can be fixed, for some reason I never noticed it. Defaults being off can also be adjusted.

Edit: It's not a bug (well, it kind of is), you've got the Usable checkbox ticked I presume? That check will fail if you're lacking the energy to use Kick/Dismantle. As you've also presumably got it inverted, it's showing because it says "I'm not active", and the invert toggle then says "Oh yes you are!".

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-27-12 at 02:12 PM.

08-27-12, 02:10 PM   #174
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
Is Dismantle off the GCD by any chance? That's the only thing I can think linking the two together.

Dialog buttons being reversed can be fixed, for some reason I never noticed it. Defaults being off can also be adjusted.

Edit: Reproduced the bug, looking into it now.
This seems to be fixed when clicking off "Usable" (of course, since I'm using the "Spell off Cooldown" -trigger inverted). Doh. (Doesn't make sense that they're blinking like that still, though).

08-27-12, 02:12 PM   #175
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Reason is the energy cost is checked with Usable being on

You did however inadvertently point out a bug with that check, so thanks!

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-27-12 at 02:15 PM.

08-27-12, 02:20 PM   #176
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
The "Parent Display" -list in Positioning is behaving weird alltogether, displays changing where they sit on the "grid" when scrolling, and not all displays showing up at all (It might hit a limit of some kind, since the last one I made isn't showing up?) I also don't see a reason to show inline timers in the list, since they will look the same for the most part so it's impossible to distinguish them from each other.

08-27-12, 02:21 PM   #177
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Dialogs in general need about a million fixes. I'll get around to it one year.

08-27-12, 03:31 PM   #178
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
After reading some of the older posts. I started thinking that combining the aura browser and the editor into one window would make it better.

here is a text only mockup, my graphics skills suck, but this should give you the idea.

Code:

-----------------------------------------
     | Browse | Options | Profiles | Help    |
     |                | Aura groups>         |
     |                |-----------------------
     |                | Warrior Arms         |
     |                | Warrior Fury         |
     |                | Firelands            |
     |                | Dragonsoul           |
     |                |                      |
     |           Edit |                      |
     | +    New Group |                      |
     |      Edit Name |                      |
     | X Delete Group |                      |

08-27-12, 03:50 PM   #179
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Hmm, that could actually work. I'll see if I can do an ingame mockup. My only concern is how to go about styling a menu bar within WoW, but I could come up with something.

08-27-12, 04:02 PM   #180
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Do action work, I'm just learning stuff. I wanted to try and make my battle shout aura do something different when it has greater than 4 secs left. I figured actions was a way to make your aura do different things based on source values. Am I not understanding this correctly?

I could of sworn earlier screen shots showed a tabbed menu bar?

Found it:
http://imgur.com/K9Lgl

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0