12-26-14, 07:11 AM   #1
Akama
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy "Pixel Perfect" Does not work

After a r9 version is released , i got a scaling ui bug, and cant fix it by manual adjustment (r8 does not have this issue)
Here is some Screens :
1st is my game setting. Its a Windowed mode

next is game interface

how can i update older version of pixel perfect settings, or how an i fix this issue ? plz help.

p.s
sry for bad English
12-26-14, 01:21 PM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Have you tried Windowed (fullscreen)?

12-26-14, 01:35 PM   #3
AndehX
A Defias Bandit
Yeah I was about to say the same thing. Put the game in Windowed(Borderless) mode
12-27-14, 03:35 AM   #4
Akama
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
Have you tried Windowed (fullscreen)?
yes, and it will fix the problem.
but i rly need game in Windowed mode.
but previous version dont have this problem anyway (

btw if you cant solve this problem ... just say it and i will start search for something new then (

p.s
sometimes i play at work and i cant make windows shift faster then i make it in windowed mode.

Last edited by Akama : 12-27-14 at 04:41 AM.
12-27-14, 08:36 AM   #5
HearthCore
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Akama View Post
yes, and it will fix the problem.
but i rly need game in Windowed mode.
but previous version dont have this problem anyway (

btw if you cant solve this problem ... just say it and i will start search for something new then (

p.s
sometimes i play at work and i cant make windows shift faster then i make it in windowed mode.

You do realize that borderless windowmode practically acts the same as pure window mode? All you should do to hide your playing at work is turn the transparancy of your taskbar to 0% (since the game could show through it from time to time)
12-27-14, 10:16 AM   #6
Akama
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by HearthCore View Post
You do realize that borderless windowmode practically acts the same as pure window mode? All you should do to hide your playing at work is turn the transparancy of your taskbar to 0% (since the game could show through it from time to time)

why did people start trying to teach me how to hide problem or make it invisible ?
next hint will be a "dude just install the r8 version and your problem will be solved" ?

p.s
at the SAME settings and SAME resolution of game window and mode . problem does not appear ! if i install a r8.
may be i just need to keep using older version of "pixel perfect" setting from older version ? but i dont understand, what part i need to take from older version for take "pixel perfect" option without update

p.p.s
by the way the game window has a different resolution in borderless and windowed mode on 1920x1080
12-27-14, 04:43 PM   #7
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
The problem here is not that the pixel perfect isn't working, but that the game does not provide the actual pixel size of the window. In r8 there was a bug where UI scale may not have been enabled at all, r9 fixed that so long as you have pixel perfect enabled.

The result for you though is that since the game only provides the full screen resolution (or whatever is set in the resolution setting), the scale is calculated based on that rather than your actual windowed size. So with this in mind you have a few options:

1) Use Windowed (Fullscreen), this will still provide the quick switch you want as with windowed, but it won't have borders,

2) Check off Pixel Perfect and enter in a custom scale, or

3) Choose a smaller resolution.

If you're dead set on having borders on the WoW window, option three will probably be the easiest.

12-28-14, 06:10 AM   #8
Akama
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
The problem here is not that the pixel perfect isn't working, but that the game does not provide the actual pixel size of the window. In r8 there was a bug where UI scale may not have been enabled at all, r9 fixed that so long as you have pixel perfect enabled.

The result for you though is that since the game only provides the full screen resolution (or whatever is set in the resolution setting), the scale is calculated based on that rather than your actual windowed size. So with this in mind you have a few options:

1) Use Windowed (Fullscreen), this will still provide the quick switch you want as with windowed, but it won't have borders,

2) Check off Pixel Perfect and enter in a custom scale, or

3) Choose a smaller resolution.

If you're dead set on having borders on the WoW window, option three will probably be the easiest.
pixel perfect changes make game interface get the same problems but not with text. if i will change for optimal text size and fix the menu borders i get new in buff frame or something else goes wrong.
Ok i understand from older versions you cant fix this and strong restricted by only full screen and only 1920x1080.
any pixel perfect changes make interface bugs more and more.
next time just say "we cant fix it and it will work only 1920x1080 and if u have problems just download other packs."
kk thx bye.

*sadface*
12-28-14, 08:31 AM   #9
Akama
A Murloc Raider
i have a good solution for fix this problem.

just go to addons folder in DBM_RealUI fix setting and change Font size from 8 to 9
same move make in RealUI setting with turned ON pixel perfect option.

only 1 thing still exist.
12-28-14, 10:37 AM   #10
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Akama View Post
pixel perfect changes make game interface get the same problems but not with text. if i will change for optimal text size and fix the menu borders i get new in buff frame or something else goes wrong.
Ok i understand from older versions you cant fix this and strong restricted by only full screen and only 1920x1080.
any pixel perfect changes make interface bugs more and more.
next time just say "we cant fix it and it will work only 1920x1080 and if u have problems just download other packs."
kk thx bye.

*sadface*
This is not what I said or intended to say at all. I just now tried this out, if you set your resolution lower it will look perfect. RealUI is not restricted to just 1920x1080, and you can do Windowed.

Last edited by Gethe : 12-28-14 at 10:44 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » "Pixel Perfect" Does not work