05-20-20, 05:45 AM   #1
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Weird Action bar issue

Hi, I have a strange issue.

For whatever reason, I get no action button highlighting anymore. (I use Bartender4)
The one I noticed the most is my interrupt.
I'm honestly not sure what I might have done to stop this behavior.
In an effort to fix it I've:
  • Reset my UI (Renaming WTF, Cache, and Interface in the _retail_ folder)
  • Reset my cvars ( /console cvar_default)

It may not mean anything but I did try ElvUI (Backing up my Interface, WTF, And Cache before hand). Unhappy with it, I restored my previous UI. Shortly after is when I noticed the issue.
Not blaming ElvUI, heh... providing all the info I can think of.

Thanks for any help.
05-20-20, 12:14 PM   #2
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
By "highlighting" you mean the mouseover/pushed texture? Does it show when using the mouse instead of hotkeys?
05-20-20, 05:50 PM   #3
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Hi, apologies if my explanation was... terrible. heh

So as an example... mob_1 begins to cast a spell...
My ability that can interrupt used to light up. Doesn't sparkle anymore. I've gone through the settings of just about every addon I have and even puttered around without any addons and no hot keys light up as it's always done.

I've obviously broken something but hell if I know how.
05-20-20, 06:22 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That would be a specific addon doing that, but not Bartender. I'm not sure if ElvUI has that feature built in. I would be surprised if it did.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-21-20, 06:55 AM   #5
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Sadly, I can't seem to figure out what's happening with this. I may just totally reinstall WoW.
Seems overkill but I really need my sparkly prompt to hit my spell interrupt or I miss it.
05-21-20, 09:39 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Maybe list the addons you do have .. maybe one makes it work and one makes it not work and the two together cancel each other out.

Are there any addons you have removed or installed between it working and not working ? Which ones were they ?
05-21-20, 12:55 PM   #7
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

As Seerah pointed out, interrupt spells do not flash like a proc themselves. Reinstalling WoW or addons will most likely not bring this back if you had it before, unless you're lucky that the addon that provided this functionality has that enabled by default.

May I suggest a weakaura I created? https://wago.io/dynamicinterrupt

It gives a simple icon with the proc flash when your target is interruptible. It is based on Hekili's interrupt code that also shows the icon with countdown if your interrupt is on cooldown but will be available before the cast is finished. It is designed to be spec-agnostic concerning the icon and cooldown data; it should work for any character with no setup.
05-22-20, 10:31 AM   #8
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Apologies for not replying sooner. I was playing.

Thank you Kanegasi, I'll give it a looksee.

@Xrystal. I put a list up here.

I didn't want to drop a huge list.

Thank you for all your replies.
Feel a little dumb, haven't played in such a long time and a lot has changed game-wise and addon-wise. Definitely behind the curve.

Last edited by Syxx : 05-22-20 at 10:33 AM. Reason: <3
05-23-20, 04:56 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
Apologies for not replying sooner. I was playing.

Thank you Kanegasi, I'll give it a looksee.

@Xrystal. I put a list up here.

I didn't want to drop a huge list.

Thank you for all your replies.
Feel a little dumb, haven't played in such a long time and a lot has changed game-wise and addon-wise. Definitely behind the curve.
That is a lot of addons ... Even when I raided and played all day long ( outside of work hours that is ) I never had a fraction of those addon numbers rofl.

If you haven't played in a long time then perhaps the feature you remember was a blizzard feature that has since been removed.

I would also suggest you start playing again with no addons and see what addons now need to be added, in order of priority. This is because of the following situations:
1. Blizzard may have incorporated an addons functionality into its arsenal of features
2. Blizzard's functionality in that area may be usable by you
3. The addons in question may not be updated to work in the most recent expansion/patch.

I always do this every expansion and now, at my non dungeon/raid level of game play I only have nUI and bugsack/buggrabber addons installed. Which suits me fine

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Weird Action bar issue