03-05-08, 03:28 PM   #1
ljudsnubbe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Clique

I just installed Clique, but I cant set it up the way I want it.
I want to use left and rightclick on my playerframe to use healing- and manapots, and want to use left and rightclick on targetframe to toggle focus on and of (without using ctrl or alt combinations, hate key-combos..), but I cant, only get "that combination is already bound, delete the old one.." etc. Is it possible or am I just doing it wrong?
03-05-08, 03:53 PM   #2
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have not delved into all that Clique can do, so I may not be fully correct here.

From using it, I understand that you can only do ONE key combination. The combinations can't be different depending on the different frames.

For example:
I have Shift+Left-Click set to Lesser Healing Wave on my Restoration Shaman. When I do that combination on any unitframes I have (Party, Target, Player, etc.) it all does the same thing.

Maybe this is because I never looked hard enough that what you are talking about can be done, but that is what I know of.

I'm sorry if I was incorrect.
03-05-08, 05:50 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You are somewhat correct, Cralor. You can, however, set up Default bindings, if the target is friendly, harmful, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-05-08, 06:11 PM   #4
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Sorry, it looks like I haven't been clear enough in my question. I do not want to use different macros depending on my target or on the button I press. Basically, what I want to do is to announce the group of my target, assuming that I'm in a raid. Let's say that I have an AnnouceGroup(unitID) function somewhere in an addon, and if there was a "clique_unit" unitID (local to my macro, somehow, don't ask me how), I would end up writing:
Code:
/cast MySpell
/run AnnounceGroup("clique_unit")
My problem is that, as for spells that are cast by casting the spell with no target (or a bad target) first (making your cursor shine in blue) and clicking your target after, the macro has no way (that I know) to guess who it's being applied to.

One solution that comes to my mind would be to (*sigh*) parse the combat log (but for buffs... as the target doesn't appear... and as it'll be changed next patch...). There must be something easier!
03-05-08, 09:23 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's not that you weren't clear, Layrajha, it's just that this is someone else's thread with a different question.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-06-08, 02:04 AM   #6
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Layrajha View Post
Sorry, it looks like I haven't been clear enough in my question. I do not want to use different macros depending on my target or on the button I press. Basically, what I want to do is to announce the group of my target, assuming that I'm in a raid. Let's say that I have an AnnouceGroup(unitID) function somewhere in an addon, and if there was a "clique_unit" unitID (local to my macro, somehow, don't ask me how), I would end up writing:
Code:
/cast MySpell
/run AnnounceGroup("clique_unit")
My problem is that, as for spells that are cast by casting the spell with no target (or a bad target) first (making your cursor shine in blue) and clicking your target after, the macro has no way (that I know) to guess who it's being applied to.

One solution that comes to my mind would be to (*sigh*) parse the combat log (but for buffs... as the target doesn't appear... and as it'll be changed next patch...). There must be something easier!
The "mouseover" unit will give you the unit you are clicking on, and in fact the unit of the unit frame you are mousing over.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-06-08, 04:02 AM   #7
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
It's not that you weren't clear, Layrajha, it's just that this is someone else's thread with a different question.
Wuuuh, sorry

/facepalm@self
03-06-08, 09:27 AM   #8
ljudsnubbe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
not possible?

So leftclicking on one frame = cast spell 1, and leftclicking on another frame = cast spell 2 cant be done with clique? then its useless to me, I hate Alt-ctrl-shift-whatever-combos...
Is there another addon that can do this?
03-06-08, 09:39 AM   #9
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

I don't know any existing addon for this, but it is possible to do some kind of custom 10-lines addon just to do what you want, for sure, if it's only for 2 frames.
03-06-08, 10:21 AM   #10
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by ljudsnubbe View Post
So leftclicking on one frame = cast spell 1, and leftclicking on another frame = cast spell 2 cant be done with clique? then its useless to me, I hate Alt-ctrl-shift-whatever-combos...
Is there another addon that can do this?
Clique isn't designed to do this, and its such a small-scale thing I don't know of any addon taht can do it at this level. You can do this in a macro:

/run PlayerFrame:SetAttribute("type1", "spell"); PlayerFrame:SetAttribute("spell1", "Flash Heal")
/run TargetFrame:SetAttribute("type1", "spell"); TargetFrame:SetAttribute("spell1", "Renew")

Keep in mind, then you won't be able to left click to target.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
03-06-08, 10:30 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Or you could get something like Unit Action Bars or Extreme Unit Buttons...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » Clique