04-19-07, 11:32 PM   #1
Chancerboy
A Murloc Raider
Donwloading trouble(Adobe)

Hello, can someone please tell me why I can only download mods with adobe acrobat??I get a extracting error when i try to extract the adobe file? Why does it only download them with adobe? please help i cant live without FuBar! ;(
04-20-07, 02:21 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Chancerboy
Hello, can someone please tell me why I can only download mods with adobe acrobat??I get a extracting error when i try to extract the adobe file? Why does it only download them with adobe? please help i cant live without FuBar! ;(

Why are you using Acrobat to download anything? If you are using IE, click the Save option. If you are using Firefox click the Save to Disk radio button then OK, Better yet when you click the radio button for the Save to Disk options, tick the Do this automatically... check box.
04-21-07, 01:42 AM   #3
Kudane
Co-Founder

Sounds like you have messed up the association for .zip.

save the file to yoru desktop, then RIGHT CLICK and choose "OPEN WITH"...

Then select "choose default progam" and find WINZIP or WINRAR whatever you use.

this will correct the issue with your .zip files thinking they are acrobat files.
04-22-07, 07:32 AM   #4
Chancerboy
A Murloc Raider
When I right click the file and choose "Open With" I choose Winzip(the free trial version). So when I try to extract FuBar 2.0 to the AddOn folder I get this error.

Extracting to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Access is denied.
Unable to create directory: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\FuBar
Unable to process C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\FuBar\Changelog-FuBar-r29507.xml

Interrupted
04-23-07, 09:10 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Try this, extract the file to your Desktop first, then drag the resulting folder to your AddOns folder.

Quick question, what are you user rights on you machine? are you using a "Normal", "Power User" or "Administrator" user account?
04-23-07, 10:21 AM   #6
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
And what OS are you running? (Guesses Vista)
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-23-07, 10:52 AM   #7
Chancerboy
A Murloc Raider
Pretty sure I am administrator but what is power user? yes I am usin home premium basic Vista
04-23-07, 01:38 PM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

In Windows Vista by default you do not run in "Administrator" mode, you can change this via an option in the control panel (I am not sure what as I am not a Vista user). This is part of Microsoft's (IMHO crappy) attempt to help secure the OS from attacks of various kinds.
04-23-07, 02:04 PM   #9
Chancerboy
A Murloc Raider
ok i'll see what i can do about the administration problem, I got the folder extracted to desktop like he said and it worked, but non the the pluggins show up in the AddOn section at log on screen, so i downloaded LocationFu and tried the same and i get a library error, this sucks so much
04-23-07, 02:10 PM   #10
Chancerboy
A Murloc Raider
Ugh, I just dont see why my computer started downloaded files in Adobe, has anyone else had that problem???? It started happening after i downloaded Java for Runescape

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Donwloading trouble(Adobe)