07-18-18, 11:24 AM   #1
Brellison94
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon Icon Not Appearing

The addon Bosstalk isn't appearing in the Key Bindings which prevents me of making the icon to appear.

Anything I'm missing of this factor?

Last edited by Brellison94 : 07-18-18 at 11:52 AM.
07-18-18, 12:07 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Just downloaded yours as nUI has its in the Other page fine.

Looking at the differences you don't seem to have a Bindings.xml file in your main addon folder.

Here is what a portion of nUI's look like to give you an example.

However, I doubt this is the cause of your problem. Was there ever an icon ? Where did it use to appear ? Did they change it from icon to slash commands ? The core.lua code appears to be looking at fubar and minimap. Maybe the addon is silently failing rather than reporting errors as 1. Fubar may no longer be worked on - I am currently using ChocolateBar and that doesn't show Bosstalk at all - and minimap has been changed in at least one of the last 2 or 3 expansions.

Your clue is to look into dbd.minimap for the minimap icon setting and the many references to FuBar to see what they tell you. Maybe someone with more experience of the ace libraries that can point you in a more useful direction.

Code:
<Bindings>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_ACTIONBAR1" header="nUI_ACTIONBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_ACTIONBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_TopLeftBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_TOPLEFTBAR1" header="nUI_TOPLEFTBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_TopLeftBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_TOPLEFTBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_TopRightBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_TOPRIGHTBAR1" header="nUI_TOPRIGHTBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_TopRightBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_TOPRIGHTBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_LeftUnitBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_LEFTUNITBAR1" header="nUI_LEFTUNITBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_LeftUnitBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_LEFTUNITBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_RightUnitBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_RIGHTUNITBAR1" header="nUI_RIGHTUNITBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_RightUnitBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_RIGHTUNITBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_BottomLeftBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_BOTTOMLEFTBAR1" header="nUI_BOTTOMLEFTBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_BottomLeftBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_BOTTOMLEFTBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_BottomRightBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_BOTTOMRIGHTBAR1" header="nUI_BOTTOMRIGHTBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_BottomRightBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_BOTTOMRIGHTBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_ButtonBagButton:LeftButton" description="nUI_BUTTONBAG" header="nUI_MISCKEYS">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_HUDLayoutSelector_Button:LeftButton" description="nUI_HUDSELECTOR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_InfoPanelSelector_Button:LeftButton" description="nUI_INFOSELECTOR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_UnitPanelSelector_Button:LeftButton" description="nUI_UNITSELECTOR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

</Bindings>

Last edited by Xrystal : 07-18-18 at 12:21 PM.
07-18-18, 12:30 PM   #3
Brellison94
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Just downloaded yours as nUI has its in the Other page fine.

Looking at the differences you don't seem to have a Bindings.xml file in your main addon folder.

Here is what a portion of nUI's look like to give you an example.

However, I doubt this is the cause of your problem. Was there ever an icon ? Where did it use to appear ? Did they change it from icon to slash commands ? The core.lua code appears to be looking at fubar and minimap. Maybe the addon is silently failing rather than reporting errors as 1. Fubar may no longer be worked on - I am currently using ChocolateBar and that doesn't show Bosstalk at all - and minimap has been changed in at least one of the last 2 or 3 expansions.

Your clue is to look into dbd.minimap for the minimap icon setting and the many references to FuBar to see what they tell you. Maybe someone with more experience of the ace libraries that can point you in a more useful direction.

Code:
<Bindings>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_ACTIONBAR1" header="nUI_ACTIONBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_ActionBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_ACTIONBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_TopLeftBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_TOPLEFTBAR1" header="nUI_TOPLEFTBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_TopLeftBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_TOPLEFTBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_TopRightBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_TOPRIGHTBAR1" header="nUI_TOPRIGHTBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_TopRightBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_TOPRIGHTBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_LeftUnitBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_LEFTUNITBAR1" header="nUI_LEFTUNITBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_LeftUnitBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_LEFTUNITBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_RightUnitBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_RIGHTUNITBAR1" header="nUI_RIGHTUNITBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_RightUnitBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_RIGHTUNITBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_BottomLeftBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_BOTTOMLEFTBAR1" header="nUI_BOTTOMLEFTBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_BottomLeftBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_BOTTOMLEFTBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_BottomRightBar_Button1:LeftButton" description="nUI_BOTTOMRIGHTBAR1" header="nUI_BOTTOMRIGHTBAR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_BottomRightBar_Button2:LeftButton" description="nUI_BOTTOMRIGHTBAR2">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

<Binding name="CLICK nUI_ButtonBagButton:LeftButton" description="nUI_BUTTONBAG" header="nUI_MISCKEYS">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_HUDLayoutSelector_Button:LeftButton" description="nUI_HUDSELECTOR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_InfoPanelSelector_Button:LeftButton" description="nUI_INFOSELECTOR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>
    <Binding name="CLICK nUI_UnitPanelSelector_Button:LeftButton" description="nUI_UNITSELECTOR">--[[ dummy ]]</Binding>

</Bindings>
In short, I can put in the Binding.xml file into the addon or do I have to find one?
07-18-18, 12:48 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Create your own Binding file or change an existing one, but I can't help you on what you need to put in there to make it work for you. nUI only uses it for clicking buttons created in the addon, it doesn't make them appear.

Feel free to copy that one but I am unsure how a Binding of a key /button will make an icon appear. Like I said, your problem may be elsewhere.
07-18-18, 02:24 PM   #5
Brellison94
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Create your own Binding file or change an existing one, but I can't help you on what you need to put in there to make it work for you. nUI only uses it for clicking buttons created in the addon, it doesn't make them appear.

Feel free to copy that one but I am unsure how a Binding of a key /button will make an icon appear. Like I said, your problem may be elsewhere.
I found the problem! The lib AceComm-3.0 is broken or bugged at the moment. The icon does appear from the various Ace libs family but AceComm-3.0. It is just not showing the databank of the quotes.
07-18-18, 03:15 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Great. Hopefully they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Addon Icon Not Appearing