Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08-18-12, 01:16 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
So... If we say what we really want is for our addons to be removed and not for them to try to buy our compliance with a donation, then they'll say that we don't care about the community and we don't care about sick children. /sigh

Arrowmaster- This is what I got back:
Thank you,

That's what I needed except for whether you are the original author. If not, and you have their name I just need to confirm that they gave you all rights, which I assume they did.

Thanks for your prompt reply and sorry for the frustrations caused.

All the best,

John Hoskin
Creative Director
TenTonHammer.com
My response:
I am the original author of SharedMedia-Blizzard. And I know for a fact that the other authors listed on SharedMedia did not give permission for you to mine the two SharedMedia files from Curse either. I don't understand why you guys have to make this so very difficult.

I saw your note about Child's Play. Are you trying to buy our compliance or our morals? Many of the authors you have stolen from have supported Child's Play in the past. But do you also know that that PA has frowned on people trying to use Child's Play as atonement in the past? I'm pretty sure PA would be on our side on this and would dislike being used. We don't want donations in our names, we want our intellectual property removed from your site. But, hey - if you want to do both, we won't complain. But if it's just gonna be one or the other, just go ahead and delete everything you have no right to hosting and save your money.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » /sigh ... Here we go again