06-30-07, 08:15 PM   #1
crimsontide73
A Kobold Labourer
Not sure

Ok, I am trying to activate some add-ons that I have downloaded, and found out that I am supposed to have a button on the character selection screen that allows me to do this. The only problem is that I have no such button nor have I ever. I know it is supposed to be located in the lower left hand corner of the screen but have never seen this button since I have been playing. Is there anyone that could possible help with this little problem? Or do I have to contact Blizzard directly? Thanks for anyones help.
06-30-07, 08:58 PM   #2
Valgas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
your problem is likely a file structure issue. If you put your addons in the wrong place, they will not run or show up at all on the screen. If you have no detected addons, you cannot see the addon button either. What most likely has happened is that when you unzipped the compressed version of the addon you downloaded, your unzipping program put the addon folder inside another extra folder. This creates an extra layer of folders that makes the addons not work. Ensure that your folders go like this....

World of Warcraft ----> interface -----> addons -----> (folder with the name of addon)----->addon files

If the folder with the the name of your addon contains only another folder, then this is your problem.
06-30-07, 09:28 PM   #3
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can also read in details the FAQ:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install

And I mean the "in details"
06-30-07, 10:49 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In addition to some unzipping programs creating an extra folder, some addon authors put a few extra layers of folders in their zips. Instead of just a NameOfAddon folder in the zip, you'll get an Interface folder that contains an AddOns folder that contains the NameOfAddon folder.

As Valgas said, you should have:

World of Warcraft \ Interface \ AddOns \ NameOfAddon \ (files)

One of the (files) will always be "NameOfAddon.toc", and the names of other files (and sometimes folder) in the addon folder don't matter.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Not sure