12-19-10, 10:11 AM   #1
toddler
A Murloc Raider
WoW UI Updater broke after update to this sites UI

I have been using WoW UI Updater for serveral years now and once the new update UI went into affect, it broke my utility.

http://wuu.vagabonds.info/menu.php

Is there a technical reason why you are preventing 3rd party utilities from checking addon version and downloading all the sudden?

Curse at least allows you to scan the version and the UI Updater gives you the option to open the download page and manually download the addon so they get the ad revenue.

Last edited by toddler : 12-19-10 at 10:22 AM.
12-19-10, 10:18 AM   #2
toddler
A Murloc Raider
WoW UI Updater broke after update to this sites UI

Greetings,

I primarily use WoW UI Updater to maintain my addons from both Curse and here.

http://wuu.vagabonds.info/menu.php

After the update from the 17th, WoW UI Updater isn't able to connect and check what version addon is available for update.

From what I can tell the information hasn't changed about the addons.

I realize you might have chosen to block 3rd party addons from directly downloading from your site in an effort to generate ad revenue, but could you please allow for 3rd party addons the ability to check version information?

WoW UI Updater has a feature that will open a the web browser to the download section, which was put in when Curse changed their stance on 3rd party addons updaters.

Thanks,

Toddler

Last edited by toddler : 12-19-10 at 10:20 AM.
12-19-10, 12:51 PM   #3
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
We aren't blocking WoW UI updater. It looks like it might have been parsing our fileinfo pages and we changed our site design. So the author of that program will need to update their program.
12-19-10, 07:17 PM   #4
toddler
A Murloc Raider
Thanks,

I will see if they are able to do that.
12-20-10, 05:27 PM   #5
toddler
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by toddler View Post
Thanks,

I will see if they are able to do that.
I checked today and it seems to be working again for some reason. The only change I made was install the Beta MMO updater advertised here. But I am happy to have my old mod back.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » WoW UI Updater broke after update to this sites UI