10-12-16, 08:50 AM   #1
wildtrocity
A Kobold Labourer
Addon for tooltip of spells to display percentage cost

Hello! I'm in need of an extremely simple addon, and I'm not sure how to look for something like this. If my knowledge of lua was a bit better, I'd just make it myself, but alas.

I want an addon that will simply change the cost of spells (i.e. 35,200 mana for Flash Heal) to the base percentage amount (i.e. 16% of max mana). I'd also like it to only affect mana (as all the others are usually based off of 100 without talents). Finally, I'd also like it to recognize when I'm in a healer spec, so it adjusts the percentage amount accordingly (i.e. 16% of max mana ->> 3.2% of max mana, as healer spec increases your mana by 500%).

Personally, I see two ways: either get the actual percentage amount and display it, dividing by five if healer spec is enabled. Or just get the cost of the spell and divide it by max mana. The latter is easier, but for some reason it bothers me (not a programming person, so this is just off of intuition).

Thank you!

TL;DR: Addon to change "x mana" -> "% mana" when you're looking at the cost of spells.
10-12-16, 12:44 PM   #2
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This should do it: ManaPercent

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon for tooltip of spells to display percentage cost