02-16-21, 01:39 PM   #1
Kektorian
A Defias Bandit
Mythic+ start and finish events

Hi, I am trying to develop an addon, which starts reading from in game logs when a mythic+ run starts and finishes reading and sends data to remote server after mythic+ run finishes. Right now I don't know which events do I subscribe to, so I can know when to start and when to finish reading from logs. Can you help me please? Ideally i would like to also know what mythic+ run just started - the key level and dungeon name (e.g. Plaguefall 10).

Thank you for your help and replies!
02-16-21, 03:32 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hopefully someone with better knowledge in this area will offer more info or other suggestions but this is what I found on Wowpedia that sounds promising.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Events#C_InstanceEncounter

As to sending to a remote server after the instance, you would have to log out of the game and have another app read in the saved variables written to by the addon and send it to the remote server as required.

If you want to do this per boss rather than encounter, you would have to log out and back in after the transfer of data etc and I am not sure how that would affect the event monitoring with you joining and stopping the group after entering the instance etc.
02-16-21, 04:44 PM   #3
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MoP CM = Mythic+

Events: CHALLENGE_MODE_*
API: C_ChallengeMode

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Mythic+ start and finish events