Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
04-02-21, 05:58 AM   #1
FranekW
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to build UI in order to present a table?

Hello,

It is possible I am asking about Mixins but I am a total beginner regarding UI and frames in WoW.

I have a small addon, which I use to gather some information about my runs in mythc+ dungeons. It's structured in a table and I simply use default chat to list everything if I am looking for something.

I want to present all this information in a frame. I looked at a few add-ons as well as a couple of frames by Blizzard. For instance, SaveInstances has a list of details about payers saved for dungeons/raids or current state on currencies etc.; it is presented in a frame/table whose background alternates from row to row as well as highlights a row on mouseover. Another example is Blizzard's Guilds and Communities, and particularly a list of members; it looks clean because each name is on the same background repeated per line.

I was wondering if I can do that for my addon. When I searched Google, I came across Mixins, which I am not familiar with but seems to be what I am looking for. If I am correct, it is a way of "presenting" tables. Is it possible to use one of Blizzard's templates for myself? Also, if I know what I want to use, how can I find a particular Mixin?

Thanks

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to build UI in order to present a table?