10-21-09, 06:15 PM   #1
wisegreg
A Defias Bandit
Help with LightHeaded, TomTom, TourGuide

Hi, I installed lightheaded tomtom tourguide and wow horde leveling and I can
select them as add ons, but when I get into wow, select a guide and the crazy arrow points to spots 26000 feet away, I thought it was supposed to be automated.
10-21-09, 09:21 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You thought what was supposed to be automatic? I am unclear of your problem.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-22-09, 11:50 AM   #3
wisegreg
A Defias Bandit
add on

when I select a guide (eg 40-41) there is no arrow, if I right click to bring up the checkpoints and select something the arrow will come up but I thought it would be more like quest helper where it takes you to the flight master or the zeppelin instead it just points to the final destination and I have no idea how to get there. If I choose a guide shouldn't I be on my way? Do I have something set up wrong?
10-22-09, 11:53 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah, so you're talking about after things are installed, when in-game. I'll split these off to a separate thread then.

About your issue, TomTom points to whatever coordinates you give it. If the guide you're using shows how to get there, then you can use those coordinates. Otherwise, you'll have to look at your map to figure out your travel directions. Reading the comments in LightHeaded help if the destination is tricky to find, as long as a user on the wowhead site posted helpful comments.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-22-09, 12:39 PM   #5
yssaril
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by wisegreg View Post
when I select a guide (eg 40-41) there is no arrow, if I right click to bring up the checkpoints and select something the arrow will come up but I thought it would be more like quest helper where it takes you to the flight master or the zeppelin instead it just points to the final destination and I have no idea how to get there. If I choose a guide shouldn't I be on my way? Do I have something set up wrong?
currently there is no way for tourguide to detect which quests you have and have not yet done as such can't simply continue where you are currently at. (this may change when icecrown citadel is released)

also since its a leveling guide its from level 1 to 80 and works really well that way if you jump in in the middle you may have already done or have missed important questlines in the guide and will take some work to get synced up with it.

tekkub made tourguide to help you level not to hold your hand and spoonfeed you every single thing you have to do it will tell you where you need to go how you get there is generally up to you (have personally used tourguide to level 2 characters and never had a problem with it)
10-22-09, 02:57 PM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

If you're looking for something that will basically babysit you through every quest, including how to get there from one zone to the next ie flightmaster to flightmaster, then the combination of Carbonite and Liteheaded might be what you're looking for. When you set Carb to autotrack quests it will always show you the most direct path to whatever quest area is closest, and you can set it to track quests individually if that's what you want.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with LightHeaded, TomTom, TourGuide