08-15-09, 04:48 PM   #1
Velexi
A Defias Bandit
Specific addon from compilation

Hey, so I only recently started to take a real interest in my UI.
I'd installed ag_unit frames but have found them to bug quite a lot lately, mainly since 3.2. Friends have always told me pitbull4 is much better, but after installing it i've found the options baffling. I've played around with it for hours thisafternoon but still have no real idea of how to get a look I want.

I've found a picture of a compilation where the pitbull frames are set up in a very nice way. I've downloaded this and i'm wondering if I can take certain files from the WTF and Interface folders of the compilation and copy them to my folders, making mine look like the ones from the compilation, but not taking any of the other addons.

If this is possible could somebody please help me as to which files to copy to keep the settings of pitbull?

Thanks in advance.
08-15-09, 05:53 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Vel :P Guess Who .. assuming you are the Velexi I know of

Anyway, look at the WTF folder for the server and characters and you should see one called Pitbull.lua. They will be the pitbull setting files you will want to keep.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
08-16-09, 01:05 AM   #3
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Velexi View Post
Hey, so I only recently started to take a real interest in my UI.
I'd installed ag_unit frames but have found them to bug quite a lot lately, mainly since 3.2. Friends have always told me pitbull4 is much better, but after installing it i've found the options baffling. I've played around with it for hours thisafternoon but still have no real idea of how to get a look I want.

I've found a picture of a compilation where the pitbull frames are set up in a very nice way. I've downloaded this and i'm wondering if I can take certain files from the WTF and Interface folders of the compilation and copy them to my folders, making mine look like the ones from the compilation, but not taking any of the other addons.

If this is possible could somebody please help me as to which files to copy to keep the settings of pitbull?

Thanks in advance.
Do you mind sharing a picture of what they look like? i may want them ^_^
08-16-09, 03:09 AM   #4
Velexi
A Defias Bandit
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I'm the Velexi from Blade's Edge, if this helps I'd like to guess but your username on this forum means nothing to me

The settings I like are from the FourOneUI, i'd probably use this whole compilation but i'll try to make one for myself to start with, even though i'm cheating a bit!

It seemed that once I copied just one .lua file which had pitbull in the name, that the position and overall view of the unit frames looked good, but the effect on them was basic.

Is this compilation using any different addons / bar textures? I suppose it is since it is using it on it's grid config and recount and omen bars also.

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw29254.jpg
08-16-09, 07:04 AM   #5
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Velexi View Post
Is this compilation using any different addons / bar textures? I suppose it is since it is using it on it's grid config and recount and omen bars also.

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw29254.jpg
That status bar is "Ruben," available via SharedMedia

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Specific addon from compilation