01-25-10, 07:20 PM   #1
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Seeking mod to display partymate's quest info?

My sister-in-law (four hours away from me irl) recently made a character on my server, so I'm taking my priest around to PL her a bit. I'm curious if there is an addon that would allow my character to "import" her quest list, and then either allow the in-game map interface to take over and place the (1), (2) markers on my map, or might even provide its own marker system. At the very least, I'm hoping for, maybe, a box I can open that would be /her/ quest log, that I could maybe interface with Lightheaded (already on my machine) and manually click to get TomTom waypoints on my map.

I would imagine such an addon would require both of us to be running it, to communicate the information. Right now she has no addons, I don't think her comp can handle more than a couple.

Typing it out, it occurs to me that QuestHelper had an optional function to do exactly this. But QH is too heavy. Heck, I don't like using QH, I ditched it mooonths ago. For soloing purposes, Tourguide+TomTom+Mapster works for me... what I'm hoping for is a way to peek into her quest log so I can see where she needs to go, and drive her there on my mammoth.

She has no mic or we could just hop in the guild vent (or for that matter, use the creepy in-game 'vent'). And I guess she could just manually link me all her quests? But that would take forever, and suck a little besides. I know Tekkub wrote http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7550 Quecho, but I don't think that does the sharing-part /before/hand.

Bluntly, I'm looking for a mod that will compensate for her brain-to-keyboard lag. She's not a stupid person, but you know those people who just aren't speedy with computer things? If I can help her get her char to like 25 or 30, hopefully she'll feel invested enough in the char and stick around on it. And I'm willing to drive her around on my mammoth, I'm just tired of feeling like i'm pulling teeth, trying to get her to tell me where to take her next.

If such a mod does not exist, I will suck it up and continue to pull teeth. But if there's a not-as-heavy-as-QH mod that can let me peek at her quest list, even if it doesn't do all the 'put stuff on maps' like I was babbling about up there, I would be most appreciative if someone could point me towards it.

Thanks bunches,
--Sanna
01-25-10, 07:43 PM   #2
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
edited
NVM didn't fully read your post
01-25-10, 08:49 PM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can try tomQuest2.

It has the feature list you're looking for but I'm not sure how finished it is as I'm not a user myself.
01-25-10, 09:50 PM   #4
TinyImps
A Defias Bandit

Greetings. Sorry if I am incorrect but have you tried Carbonite Addon?
01-26-10, 09:57 PM   #5
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by TinyImps View Post
Greetings. Sorry if I am incorrect but have you tried Carbonite Addon?
I have never personally used Carbonite. When I first started wowcraft, I was using Questhelper and later moved away from it. Carbonite was described as "pretty much like Questhelper, just with more mapping options," so when I found other addons that served my personal purposes, I did not give Carbonite another thought. Then, at ... patch 3.3? some guildmates said that every single feature in Carbonite had been replaced with other, standalone, less memory-hogging addons.

But I appreciate you reading my thread and mentioning it, as I had not mentioned it in my original post ^__^.
01-26-10, 10:11 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...QuestMods.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-26-10, 10:18 PM   #7
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
You can try tomQuest2.

It has the feature list you're looking for but I'm not sure how finished it is as I'm not a user myself.
Ooh interesting. The bevy of available features makes me wonder if it's memory-intensive, but that's definitely a great place to start looking. Thanks for the link.
01-26-10, 10:20 PM   #8
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Oh sweet. Once he gets it 3.3 compatible and when the 'viewing party members quests' part gets put in, that will be exactly what I need. Thanks bunches.

EDIT, l2reed what's on the screen in front of me. it /is/ 3.3 compatible, derp. downloading now!

Last edited by SannaSK : 01-26-10 at 10:23 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Seeking mod to display partymate's quest info?