08-29-12, 06:52 PM   #301
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Buggybug:
It seems adding a stack display is defaulted to "Invert" in the activation -part unlike text/timer displays.

08-29-12, 07:49 PM   #302
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Stabilo View Post
Buggybug:
It seems adding a stack display is defaulted to "Invert" in the activation -part unlike text/timer displays.
I can confirm getting the same thing. Logging out and back in cleared it up though. So not sure what causes it to happen.

Last edited by galvin : 08-29-12 at 07:57 PM.

08-29-12, 08:31 PM   #303
danielas
A Kobold Labourer
what is the action we gotta select for creating "action usable"?
please help me, i used to use power auras and think is a fantastic addon.

08-29-12, 08:35 PM   #304
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by danielas View Post
what is the action we gotta select for creating "action usable"?
please help me, i used to use power auras and think is a fantastic addon.
Main trigger should be "Spell off Cooldown" with the "Usable" checkbox checked.

Edit: your wording got me a little worried there. Steer away from the Actions for very basic functionality, what triggers or doesn't trigger your display are handled in the "Activation" part of the UI.

Last edited by Stabilo : 08-29-12 at 08:40 PM.

08-29-12, 09:49 PM   #305
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Debuffs are not working, buffs work but debuffs don't.

08-29-12, 10:02 PM   #306
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by galvin View Post
Debuffs are not working, buffs work but debuffs don't.
My only debuff -aura (showing rupture/revealing strike and it's remaining time on my target) is showing fine.

08-29-12, 11:05 PM   #307
CobraA1
A Cliff Giant

Navigation is the biggest issue by a country mile. In fact, it spans galaxies. That's how big it is. The problem is I really, really, really hate scrollframes in WoW. They're a god damn nightmare and there's lovely bugs with them too - so I'm trying to avoid scrolling. I could keep the sidebar and breadcrumbs and drop the rest, but then there's the issue of either needing more pages (a bad idea), or needing scrollframes (a bad idea).

It's an area that needs improvement, but I've tried countless solutions and still not come up with something concrete that fixes everything.
I don't think scrolling is the answer, either. If you put everything in a single window thing again, it'll just be too busy again.

I'm thinking possibly something like the Office ribbon. People "hated" it, but mostly because of retraining, not the design itself. But it is designed for large feature sets, and works well when you have a lot of features.

That's just an idea, though. Truth is, I'd have to sit down and take a close look at the new features to try to come up with a decent UI design.

08-29-12, 11:19 PM   #308
galvin
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Stabilo View Post
My only debuff -aura (showing rupture/revealing strike and it's remaining time on my target) is showing fine.
I'm dumb I didn't have debuff checked.

08-30-12, 12:36 AM   #309
Ilze
A Defias Bandit
thank you & question

Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. A little sad (panda) that all my old builds are gone with the wind, then again I expected it with such large changes.

I will start building a new set up soonish and will start with protection warrior.

Question, is there a place/will there be a place where we can post our new set ups to share with the rest of the world? No need to invent the wheel again and again (and I love to share).

keep up the good work

Best regards,
Ilze, aggramar EU

08-30-12, 02:54 AM   #310
Dackota
A Kobold Labourer
This may seem like a stupid question but I couldn't find where to set an aura to only work in combat, or not work when mounted. Any ideas?

08-30-12, 03:14 AM   #311
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dackota View Post
This may seem like a stupid question but I couldn't find where to set an aura to only work in combat, or not work when mounted. Any ideas?
Support triggers in Activation. If Mounted is implemented, itll be there too (i dont have access to my game at the moment to check)

08-30-12, 03:38 AM   #312
kiingz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
First off really liking the new UI, amazing job there.

2: I couldn't find a way to disable/enable auras or individual displays, is this not implemented yet or am I being a moron and simply not seeing any button to do so?

3: Is there currently any way to have multiple auras shown instead of just the one you're editing? For example, while positioning the displays for one aura having other auras displayed makes it easier to align them or prevent them from overlapping.

In the older version you could hit the test button on one then edit and test another.

4. Possible to add the ability to move displays into other auras (or merge/split them)?

5: When trying to make displays the same color, it's hard to get it exactly the same using the current method, anyway you could add the ability to set colors using RGB or Hex values?

6: The ability to sort auras in the list, I know this sounds stupid and completely pointless but it would be nice!

Last edited by kiingz : 08-30-12 at 05:17 AM.

08-30-12, 03:51 AM   #313
Stabilo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by kiingz View Post
First off really liking the new UI, amazing job there.

2: I couldn't find a way to disable/enable auras, is this not implemented yet or am I being a moron and simply not seeing any button to do so?

3: Is there currently any way to have multiple auras shown instead of just the one you're editing? For example, while positioning the displays for one aura having other auras displayed makes it easier to align them or prevent them from overlapping.

In the older version you could hit the test button on one then edit and test another.
2. Not implemented (as far as i know)
3. Currently only the active aura is shown, but it'll get changed soon

08-30-12, 05:36 AM   #314
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
My inbox received 116 e-mails while I was sleeping. I'll have to be short and skip a lot of posts, but I did read them. Yes, I know RC 3 is a bit on the buggy side. I was in a bit of a bind with that one though because a lot of things that needed fixing were fixed in it, and a lot of things that I thought were working fine decided to break

Originally Posted by galvin View Post
I can confirm getting the same thing. Logging out and back in cleared it up though. So not sure what causes it to happen.
I'm going to focus on these bugs, not sure what's causing them.

Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
I don't think scrolling is the answer, either. If you put everything in a single window thing again, it'll just be too busy again.

I'm thinking possibly something like the Office ribbon. People "hated" it, but mostly because of retraining, not the design itself. But it is designed for large feature sets, and works well when you have a lot of features.

That's just an idea, though. Truth is, I'd have to sit down and take a close look at the new features to try to come up with a decent UI design.
It's not just the new features now, it's the new features down the line. Problem with sticking a Ribbon in is knowing what to fill it with. Plus I'm sure I'd be crucified for touching the UI again, it's got that Marmite effect right now where you either love it or you hate it.

To be honest, I'm happy that it's a controversial and disliked change - if less people who hate it use the addon then I've got less people I need to somehow please - I'm the sort of guy who'd prefer ten users over a thousand

2: I couldn't find a way to disable/enable auras or individual displays, is this not implemented yet or am I being a moron and simply not seeing any button to do so?
I might re-implement the option in the future - I'd also want to improve it so that you could possibly load/unload auras and displays based upon trigger events. So you could have an aura dedicated to Dragon Soul bosses that'd only activate while in the raid itself - outside of the raid it'd be unloaded.

I'm hoping to make that change today.

4. Possible to add the ability to move displays into other auras (or merge/split them)?
If I stop getting over a hundred emails that I need to process, read comments and respond to - I'll get it done by next week assuming I fix all the other bugs.

5: When trying to make displays the same color, it's hard to get it exactly the same using the current method, anyway you could add the ability to set colors using RGB or Hex values?
That's sort of outside my realm of control - we use the built-in color picker that WoW provides. We could modify it, but then we'd break any other addons that are explicitly designed for such purposes.

6: The ability to sort auras in the list, I know this sounds stupid and completely pointless but it would be nice!
Mmmaybe?

08-30-12, 06:01 AM   #315
Mikari
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Error from the frame.xml log

Code:
8/30 12:57:27.833  Loading add-on PowerAuras
8/30 12:57:27.833  ** Loading table of contents Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\PowerAuras.toc
8/30 12:57:27.833  ++ Loading file Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Classes\Classes.xml
8/30 12:57:27.833  Error loading Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Classes\Actions\DisplayFont.lua
8/30 12:57:27.833  Error loading Interface\AddOns\PowerAuras\Classes\Actions\DisplayText.lua
Seems like you're trying to load files that don't exist.

08-30-12, 06:22 AM   #316
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
While it doesn't cause instability elsewhere, I've removed those lines. Thanks. Only reason they were there is because I held back some classes that weren't ready

08-30-12, 06:33 AM   #317
Kvalyr
A Defias Bandit
Finally got around to trying this out on live last night and I have to say; the new UI is gorgeous.
The old powa UI was functional and inobtrustive, but this new UI is sleek.

Being able to combine multiple textures in a single aura so easily is an excellent feature too; it allows for some really intuitive-feeling auras for things like DK Blood Charges and SPriest shadow orb stacks, etc.

08-30-12, 06:57 AM   #318
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Thanks, any criticisms of the UI? It needs improvement still, particularly in navigation. Ideas and the like are welcome, whereas comments like this aren't

08-30-12, 07:46 AM   #319
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I've located the source of the bugs where by stacks starts off as inverted, and with the Use Ability Icon toggling itself off. It was a stupid late night mistake that I didn't notice.

Basically, take a look at these bitfields:
Lua Code:
  1. --- Flags for inverted linked displays.
  2. Metadata.DISPLAY_INVMASK     = 0x00000070;
  3. Metadata.DISPLAY_INV_AUTO    = 0x00000010;
  4. Metadata.DISPLAY_INV_MAIN    = 0x00000020;
  5. Metadata.DISPLAY_INV_SUPPORT = 0x00000040;
  7. -- More source flags. These ones are for determining what optional services
  8. -- are enabled.
  9. Metadata.DISPLAY_OPTMASK     = 0x000000F0;
  10. Metadata.DISPLAY_OPT_STACKS  = 0x00000010;
  11. Metadata.DISPLAY_OPT_TEXT    = 0x00000020;
  12. Metadata.DISPLAY_OPT_TEXTURE = 0x00000040;
  13. Metadata.DISPLAY_OPT_TIMER   = 0x00000080;

Now guess what problems that causes

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-30-12 at 09:26 AM.

08-30-12, 09:36 AM   #320
kiingz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
To be honest, I'm happy that it's a controversial and disliked change - if less people who hate it use the addon then I've got less people I need to somehow please - I'm the sort of guy who'd prefer ten users over a thousand
I think one of the problems is at first it can be a little confusing, it took me longer than I'd like to admit to find where to stop the text auras from greeting me, long enough to feel stupid afterwards.

I really (<--- triple formatting for emphasis) like the ability to group multiple displays under one aura, whole thing looks a lot tidier.

I might re-implement the option in the future - I'd also want to improve it so that you could possibly load/unload auras and displays based upon trigger events. So you could have an aura dedicated to Dragon Soul bosses that'd only activate while in the raid itself - outside of the raid it'd be unloaded.
I've been looking for a zone check on auras for awhile, I do hope this makes it in

That's sort of outside my realm of control - we use the built-in color picker that WoW provides. We could modify it, but then we'd break any other addons that are explicitly designed for such purposes.
My knowledge on this is pretty much naught so this might not make any sense.
Is it possible to add just a plain RBG/Hex input field keep and it separate from the existing picker, kinda like an "either / or" setup. That way you wouldn't need to modify the built in one or build your own, it's easy enough for users to find color codes on the internet themselves.

Mmmaybe?
=D

Last edited by kiingz : 08-31-12 at 02:25 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Power Auras Classic 5.0