04-06-09, 03:47 PM   #21
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
A 10% drop in performance using nUI is probably not out of the realm of possibilities given how much work nUI has to do... it sounds a little high to me, but I wouldn't be freaked out about it (though I would sure be looking to improve it -- and always am)
I know :-)

Nice to get such support that you dont get from major software developers so..

Anyway, disables Mikes scrolling combat text, the game felt a smoother in a few normal heriocs.. Let's see how that works out in naxx later this week..

Ditched SpartanUI again, looks nice, not bad at all, it's just not nUI :-p
Screw FPS, nUI all the way x-)

04-07-09, 06:18 AM   #22
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I always have around 20 fps.I have a spike when looting.And I have seen nUI use more memory than QuestHelper. When I group...fps bottoms out.I run quite a few mods, maybe I have an older one that does it...just haven't had the time to find the culprit.

04-07-09, 07:34 AM   #23
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

I have actually gone through the whole tedious process of a 'clean install' twice already. I use a ton of mods and usually wind up around 100megs of addon use so I am guessing that's my problem. But I have had an overall major decrease to my fps with nUI. I love the addon and will not change cuz it's just that awsome, but I do wish I could figure out a way around it. I have tried nUI with the clean install without some of the less 'necessary' addons but my fps still tanked. One interesting note to all this is that I only really get the fps crapout in LK areas. When I play my lower alts, even when grouping and being run through an instance I don't have the loss of fps as I do when I'm on my main in Dalaran and running heroics. Not sure if that helps any, and if you need any extra info let me know.

On a side note the very first clean install I did I ran it exactly and Scott mentioned. Got rid of everything then added nUI and then all my other addons one by one. At first my fps was 'okay' (didn't absolutely tank but was not as good as no addons at all) and I got all the way through the clean install with my fps not dropping below 20 fps and that was in Dalaran running around in circles and juming all over the place on my epic land mount. But then later that night or the next day, I don't remember exactly, my fps tanked back below 10 fps at times when raiding and running in Dalaran.

If you need any specific info such as the addons I use or anything like that let me know and I can post my WowMatrix list here and anything else that might be helpful to all those super computer geeks out there.

04-07-09, 09:03 AM   #24
Tehdead
An Aku'mai Servant
I find this all pretty pretty odd as I'm on a crappy
Dell inspiron 530s
3g of memory
215mb geoforce 8400 gs

My machine is by no means the best and yet I use 91 addons and still manage to stay at 60fps at all time except when doing 25-man raids like nax. Where my FPS drops to 40 but It always stays there.

My guess is like you said previously that WoW itself hasn't been optimized to run on newer machines yet.

04-07-09, 01:29 PM   #25
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Tehdead View Post
My guess is like you said previously that WoW itself hasn't been optimized to run on newer machines yet.
Just have a look at the official forum, and you'll see many people having problems with cards like the 4870x2 or gtx295.. People who run SLI/Crossfire seem to disable it otherwise they get lower fps then with it enabled.

04-12-09, 03:13 PM   #26
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tehdead View Post
The release of the WotLK bridge patch introduced a new graphics engine in the game.... newer machines still have a hard time with frame rates in a lot of Northrend areas. Especially Dalaran.

My only wish is for Blizzard to create a /hidecorpse all function. That would certainly help if we could remove excess corpses.. less garbage to render.

04-12-09, 08:47 PM   #27
trezy
A Cliff Giant
One note I should make here is that if you are running SLI, then you can only run with the shadows at the lowest or second to lowest setting, any setting higher then that and you will notice some choppiness or video lag.

08-27-09, 05:36 AM   #28
Seer
A Molten Giant
Bump x-)

Scared ya Spiel ?

Anyway, just for "fun" I updated the bios of my 4870 card and that seems to made a difference.

Max frame rates seem to be about 20 to 40 higher then before*
Average frame rates seem to be about 10 to 20 higher then before.
Lowest frame rates seem to be around 10 higher then before. Dalaran is bearable (sp?) now. I still get FPS as low as 15 FPS tho.

* those are pretty high and only apparently if there are no other chars nearby. As soon as a few chars are near it drops a lot.

Anyway, if you have a 4870 you could try this, do it at your own risk, if the flashing goes bad it can be very difficult (or even impossible) to fix it yourself.

Last edited by Seer : 08-27-09 at 05:39 AM.

08-28-09, 03:07 AM   #29
Seer
A Molten Giant
Here's an interesting article in German;

Link

No translation really needed the graph is enough.

08-28-09, 03:20 AM   #30
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Here's an interesting article in German;

Link

No translation really needed the graph is enough.
Rofl, my processor is not even on there. That would explain my low fps

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

10-05-09, 02:00 PM   #31
Durish
A Defias Bandit
nUI and memory use

Hi guys, this is a nice UI. Very clean, however like some of the posters here I have been trying to work nUI into my system. I have done the clean install and 25 man raids during a fight I get a consitant 2 fps, granted my system has been compaired to "an abacus with mirrors". I only run DBM, Recount, Omens3, I have noticed nUI has 30+ mb useage, about 3 time the amount of CT-Mods. Solo, 5 man nUI is very smooth, but it can't hang with my minimalist system during raids.

Thanks for letting me try it out. Maybe when I get a real system I will try again.

Durish

10-05-09, 05:45 PM   #32
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Don't give up yet. There are things you can try. Like this here. Just install and let it do it's thing.

10-07-09, 09:55 AM   #33
Durish
A Defias Bandit
Interesting.... I will give that a try. Thanks Silenia

10-08-09, 06:38 PM   #34
Durish
A Defias Bandit
Okay... let me clarify. I already run with my system setting and video at the absolute lowest setting possible and still move out of the fire, it never changes or fluctuates. I don't need an addon that constantly adjusts my video settings. running nothing but DP in Dalaran and I can't maintain the minimum 15. With nUI, Recount, Omens3 and DBM while running DP I get to see every split second that I can not move. Even DP is asking me to disconnect, the developers for DP are laughing so hard I can hear them in my speakers.

10-09-09, 02:50 AM   #35
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Without seeing info from your DXDiag, I don't know what else we can suggest. Although if you want us to have a look to see if we can make other suggestions, then feel free to post the following info for us.

Go to Start -> Run -> type dxdiag and press Enter. (Windows Vista: Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) + R (at the same time). Type in DXDIAG and press Enter or click 'OK', this will open the DirectX diagnostic tool.) Click on the button that says Save All Information. Save the file to your desktop and name it DxDiag.txt. Open the text file with notepad and copy/paste the info from only the two headings: Everything under System Information, and everything under Display Device up to and including Driver Date/Size.

10-09-09, 12:02 PM   #36
Crystalyn
A Murloc Raider

I had the same problem running in 25 man raids and sometimes 10 man ones (depending on the fight) where my fps would drop to 3 or below. I know it was because my system was older and I to tried all the fixes, but to no avail for my raids, I unfortunately had to run nui-less for raids. I am not sure if there is anyway to get it to stop if your system is older. I just turned it off right before raid times and back on after.

10-10-09, 12:28 PM   #37
meralarrie
A Defias Bandit
i have had this issue since i started using nui. normally i saw a 10% decrease in FPS.

Granted my computer is way way above wow. about 5 months ago i noticed a huge huge fps issue in wow itself after a patch, can't remember which one. i thought i burnt my graphics card -- 9800gt.. so i bought dual 280s. fixed the issue for about a month. then back down to the 10 fps in a 25 man.

long story short i have replaced everything in my computer. i7 pulling 4.8g 16g ram, dual 280s both OC. i can play COD at 150fps. which i guess is the cap. with no fluxs.

with wow and nui loaded i get 40 to 15 in raids.

here is the slight memory issue i found with nui. .. full toc 25 man raid with raid 25 selected i get 5 fps full aoe and effects. with just the player feature selected i get 20 fps.

In no way is my computer even struggling on cpu or memory issues when the 5 fps is going. i pulled up cod while raiding and still had over 100 fps. wow crashed when i did this.

possibly something in wow 's setup for there garbage collecting that limits the amount of mB?

10-10-09, 01:57 PM   #38
Seer
A Molten Giant
Just wanted to post this as I'm looking at getting a 5870 (when the 2GB version comes out)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...22252739&sid=1

Post 8 is interesting.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » very low frame rates in raids