12-25-10, 02:35 AM   #4581
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Cerranos View Post
Thank you, Dawn. I actually have changed a few things since I last posted the screens... I didn't like how my pet frame was sitting "in the air" of sorts when my player health/power bars were depleting. Since I reversed the direction of the bars, it was depleting towards the minimap - leaving the pet frame kind of hanging out there on it's own.

Here's an example: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5082/v11combat.jpg

So I then toyed with the idea of placing the pet frame underneath my player frame... similar to the focus frame, except it's inverted. That worked for about an hour until I decided on this...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6396/v11modified.jpg

I'm probably gonna change it again (lol). I just can't seem to get it in the 'right' place. Any suggestions are welcome!
I like it! The only thing I would change is the action bars. Circular buttons would fit better, in my opinion.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

12-25-10, 08:56 AM   #4582
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
I like it! The only thing I would change is the action bars. Circular buttons would fit better, in my opinion.
I actually was thinking that as well... but I'm going to try kgpanels and, if I can use the same textures as my unit frames, I think it'll make everything 'fit' together.

I'll have to see. More changes! - haha

EDIT: Ok, so the kgpanels thing didn't quite work out the way I had hoped. So the action bars are kgpanel-less (hehe). I decided to use "CleanUI" buttonfacade, and that seems to work ok. Might change it to another layout so that the buff frames and action bar frames will have rounded edges to somewhat match the rest of the unit frames and such.

Here's what I have now: http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9708/v11combat2.jpg

Last edited by Cerranos : 12-25-10 at 03:37 PM.

12-25-10, 10:19 PM   #4583
Tarumi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I actually was thinking that as well... but I'm going to try kgpanels and, if I can use the same textures as my unit frames, I think it'll make everything 'fit' together.

I'll have to see. More changes! - haha

EDIT: Ok, so the kgpanels thing didn't quite work out the way I had hoped. So the action bars are kgpanel-less (hehe). I decided to use "CleanUI" buttonfacade, and that seems to work ok. Might change it to another layout so that the buff frames and action bar frames will have rounded edges to somewhat match the rest of the unit frames and such.

Here's what I have now: http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9708/v11combat2.jpg
I love this layout! It's hard finding decent hunter layouts to base mine off of since I'm always trying to play with the UF's for everything, kinda like how yours are set up.

What font are you using btw?

12-25-10, 11:54 PM   #4584
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Tarumi View Post
I love this layout! It's hard finding decent hunter layouts to base mine off of since I'm always trying to play with the UF's for everything, kinda like how yours are set up.

What font are you using btw?
The font is "Stano757Caps." It actually was a little difficult to work with, since there actually is a correct size to use if you want the pixelized format to look 'sharp.' And since I had the UI scale on the smallest setting, the font size had to be 9. At first it'll look really tiny, but I think my eyes have adjusted.

Here's a group combat SS: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4600/v11group.jpg

(had to adjust the boss unit frame - the health/power bar were intersecting b/c I changed the UI scale recently; fixed now =P)

Last edited by Cerranos : 12-25-10 at 11:57 PM.

12-26-10, 06:22 AM   #4585
Kendian
A Molten Giant

For rounded edges I really like Renaitre Button Facade, and he has multiple skins to pick from ( which helps for the terminal UI switcharounder...err person)

12-26-10, 09:20 AM   #4586
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
For rounded edges I really like Renaitre Button Facade, and he has multiple skins to pick from ( which helps for the terminal UI switcharounder...err person)
Haha... thanks, Kendian. I actually do have renaitre buttonfacade; I just have to pick one, go with it for awhile and see how I like it. It's forever changing.

I think I need an intervention.

12-26-10, 10:11 AM   #4587
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
The font is "Stano757Caps." It actually was a little difficult to work with, since there actually is a correct size to use if you want the pixelized format to look 'sharp.' And since I had the UI scale on the smallest setting, the font size had to be 9. At first it'll look really tiny, but I think my eyes have adjusted.

Here's a group combat SS: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4600/v11group.jpg

(had to adjust the boss unit frame - the health/power bar were intersecting b/c I changed the UI scale recently; fixed now =P)
Looks nice, the hotkeys are hard to read though, I suggest using my little addon cleanhotkeys (which has no impact on the game at all by the way)

12-26-10, 10:26 AM   #4588
Kendian
A Molten Giant

[/quote]I think I need an intervention.

I would have to do something meaningful and nasty, to someone who tried to deny me my right to stand around, adjust UI elements, and /reload. I have a !!!! I'll use it!!! I swearrrrr!!!!

12-26-10, 11:35 AM   #4589
Cerranos
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Looks nice, the hotkeys are hard to read though, I suggest using my little addon cleanhotkeys (which has no impact on the game at all by the way)
I'll definitely have to look into your mod... was looking for something to make my hotkeys 'pop.' Thank you!

I would have to do something meaningful and nasty, to someone who tried to deny me my right to stand around, adjust UI elements, and /reload. I have a !!!! I'll use it!!! I swearrrrr!!!!
Haha... some guildies always ask me, "why have you been in the same location for the last several hours? ...I've logged off, took a shower, cooked dinner AND watched a movie - YOU'RE STILL HERE?"

12-26-10, 12:57 PM   #4590
unstoppixel
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Question Timer Bars on Buff Icons

Originally Posted by Limb0 View Post
messy wip, 10 Man..

Hey man nice UI... what are the timer bars on the buffs icons in the top right? Never seen that... I dig it!

12-26-10, 01:11 PM   #4591
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Thats Satrina Buff Frames, I'm pretty sure~

12-26-10, 01:13 PM   #4592
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Latest WIP Ive been playing with today. What do you think?

Edit: Oops, i usually have tooltips off in combat, so disregard that~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Side x Side.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	962.3 KB
ID:	5519  

Last edited by Kendian : 12-26-10 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Tooltips

12-26-10, 01:43 PM   #4593
Greevir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by unstoppixel View Post
Hey man nice UI... what are the timer bars on the buffs icons in the top right? Never seen that... I dig it!
I believe it is Raven, not sure. Raven is what i'm using in place of SBF since SBF is being discontinued.

12-26-10, 01:44 PM   #4594
Tincup
The Grumpy One

Latest WIP Ive been playing with today. What do you think?

Edit: Oops, i usually have tooltips off in combat, so disregard that~
The layout looks pretty good, but the everything looks a fuzzy... Was that intended?

12-26-10, 07:22 PM   #4595
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
I believe it is Raven, not sure. Raven is what i'm using in place of SBF since SBF is being discontinued.
SBF isn't being discontinued. There's a beta version that works for Cataclysm - SBF 3.2 Beta - here on WoWInterface.

12-26-10, 07:26 PM   #4596
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
SBF isn't being discontinued. There's a beta version that works for Cataclysm - SBF 3.2 Beta - here on WoWInterface.
Yes it is..

It was posted the other day on the SBF list; the addon won't be continued unless someone wants to take it over per the author.

12-27-10, 05:29 AM   #4597
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
The layout looks pretty good, but the everything looks a fuzzy... Was that intended?
Idk why it looks fuzzy, it looks MUCH sharper on my screen, im guessing the format is degrading the picture quality.

Last edited by Kendian : 12-27-10 at 07:52 AM.

12-27-10, 12:13 PM   #4598
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by unstoppixel View Post
That is in fact SBF3, though since that screenshot, I have replaced it with Aura Frames ..configured with the same look, but better sorting, click off buffs, scaling and it's lighter weight. Using a bar instead of a numerical timer was an inspiration from one of Seerah's UIs awhile back.

@Cerranos
I used to have a map in the middle and I always thought it looked nice in UIs, yours looks good too, reminds me of the new Lincoln MKX dash. I'd agree with Kendian (the funds have been transferred btw), and I might have some skins that would work with your UI. Check out Rounded, Beveled, Circle or even the new Fade (my current favorite).

Idk why it looks fuzzy, it looks MUCH sharper on my screen, im guessing the format is degrading the picture quality.
To improve screenshot quality, you can type this in game (courtesy of wowhead screenshot tips)..
/console screenshotQuality 10

Last edited by Limb0 : 12-27-10 at 01:16 PM. Reason: added lil info

12-27-10, 02:54 PM   #4599
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Considerably less people seem to be working on their UI now that Cata is out. I'm especially seeing more original stuff and less in the same style, maybe something to think about.

But of course, I'm a hypocrite.

Not a real UI screen shot but something simple I made to not have to set unitframe layout in lua all the time:

12-27-10, 03:31 PM   #4600
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Not a real UI screen shot but something simple I made to not have to set unitframe layout in lua all the time:

I'd like to apologize for previous comments about your skinning of these various UI elements, and replace them by saying that I like what you're doing.

Have you considered changing the icon borders of the tank/heal/dmg and close button with your own graphics or inheriting whatever ButtonFacade skin players are using?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...