11-09-08, 09:19 PM   #1541
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation nUI Beta 4 -- 4.00.02 (Alpha) has just been e-mailed....

Okay gang… here’s the next update.

I’ve been messed about by one key thing… Bliz appears to have taken the WotLK test realm(s) offline. If anyone knows of a working WotLK test realm they can point me to, I’m all ears. Otherwise, it appears I’m dead in the water for doing any more WotLK preparation work until WotLK goes live.

With that in mind, I have backed out my ½ completed vehicle panel code and I have backed out the completely untested rune frame code. I will be jumping on both of these as quickly as I can when the WotLK goes live. The only other WotLK issue I am aware of is the the Death Knight’s presence bar is not getting updated when he gains a new presence and I can do nothing more about that, either, until WotLK is live.

Aside from those three caveats, this update should be completely ready for and playable on WotLK as well as backward compatible with the current live realms.

I understand there’s an issue with weapon temporary enchants and fishing lures which I *hope* is fixed in this update. I’ve also fixed the minimap round/square bug and some other issues. Please work this update over hard and let me know of any problems you find which are not already documented. You can post your bug reports at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=108557 or e-mail me directly at [email protected]

I will be sending out one last update Tuesday evening sometime which will be the public release candidate for Beta 4. Assuming no critical bugs are found, that update will be the same version I release on the 13th.

One final word to my language translators… please give the translations one last going over. If you find any issues, please e-mail them to me by Tuesday early evening so I can include them in the last update. For those who have not gotten files to me yet… I’m counting on you!

Sorry I couldn’t get the vehicle and Death Knight code completed before WotLK went live, I sure would love to know why Bliz pulled the plug on the server but whatever… they did /sigh

As always, the closed test period alpha releases such as this release as *not* available for public download. They are available via direct e-mail only to nUI's supporters and language translators. The publicly available download release of nUI Beta 4 will be made available on November 13th when WotLK goes live.

My thanks to everyone for their support, as always.

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?!

Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- WotLK issues still outstanding... these cannot get addressed until after the release
of WotLK as there is no longer a valid working WotLK test server /sigh

* New DK presences do not update the shapeshift bar

* Add management of the Bliz RuneFrame for DeathKnights

* Add vehicle frame/mode integration to the dashboard

-- generic issues outstanding

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan Panel is causing an error when the bottom bar is enabled

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

Known Bliz / nUI compatibility issues...

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat == this is
a known WoW 3.0.2 bug and beyond nUI's control. Hopefully Bliz will address it in
the next patch.

* Switching between windowed and non-windowed mode breaks nUI's textures and HUD -- this
is caused by a known Bliz bug in their video driver code and applies only to certain
graphics cards and video drivers. It is nearly random in terms of which mods it will
impact... anything from very complex to completely trivial mods are broken by this
bug but it is always mods that use custom textures. There is no fix. The only
workaround is to (a) avoid switching between windowed and non-windowed modes as much
as possible and use '/nui rl' to reload the user interface when it gets broken. It is
worth noting this bug affects Macs most often, but also impacts some PCs (such as
mine). This bug has been a round a very long time and no telling if or when it will
ever be fixed.

* If your mouse buttons 4 and 5 do not work for click-casting on unit frames, make
sure your mouse driver is sending mouse button clicks and not key presses. You can
do this by going to the key binding interface and trying to bind autorun to mouse
button 4. If the key binding does not say "Button 4" or "Mouse Button 4" then the
issue is your mouse driver or driver settings. Bliz does not support key-presses
as mouse clicks directly and mods like Clique cannot detect key presses in that way.

To-Do List / Planned features

* Found a code solution to a WoW voice chat bug that caused WoW to thrown an error
when you right clicked a party member unit frame while voice chat was enabled

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it inteferes with the dashboard

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 4.00.02 (Alpha)

* Fixed a function name error in nUI_ReadyCheck.lua that was preventing ready check
status from displaying in the unit frames

* Fixed a logic error in the display of elite/world boss mob icons when switching
between multiple elite mobs which caused the second mob to fail to display the
elite icon even when it was in fact elite

* Fixed a bug in the action bar buttons that caused some buttons to be grayed out as
invalid when they were in fact castable

* Fixed a logic error in the nUI_UnitAura.lua which left aura buttons at partial alpha
values when they were previously expiring and then refreshed with an aura that was
not expiring

* Fixed a bug in nUI_UnitAura.lua that attempted to set aura colors before the colors
had been defined

* Fixed the '/nui roundmap' bug which prevented the map from displaying the correct
mask at login

* Updated French localization file (thank you Khisanth)

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

11-10-08, 04:02 AM   #1542
Arekdios
A Defias Bandit

nUI dashboard skin

How can we make our own skin?
I like new variations and really curious

11-10-08, 05:35 AM   #1543
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Arekdios View Post
Arekdios --

It's not that difficult, really. The dashboard skin is 2560x512 and made up of five blocks 512x512 each from left to right across the dashboard. The best way to do it, in my opinion, is to create a single graphic in an application like Photoshop. When you're satisfied with the full graphic, you can just crop it down into the five 512x512 images and save them off as PNG files with transparency. There's a program called WoWImage that you can then use to convert the PNG files into the BLP format that WoW uses (it will also convert BLP back to PNG).

Download the "Thin Gloss Black" skin from http://www.wowinterface.com/download...boardSkin.html for an example of how to develop separate skins for the top bar and the dashboard/lower bar.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 11-10-08 at 08:27 AM.

11-10-08, 05:42 AM   #1544
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Arekdios View Post
Well, if you look in the archive of one of the skins you would find a .lua and a .toc files, both can be opened with a text editor.

I think most of what is in the skin "add ons" .lua are "obvious" once you look at it.

You will also find several .blp files. Those are the textures, and you can convert these to a .tga file for editing (not sure if other file formats can be used, afaik there are only .blp to tga and back convertors).

So, if you have a program that can create/edit .tga files you can have a go at making your own skins rather easy. Might be some more to it, maybe some others can point you to some programs to use and things you need to think about.

/edit
spiel beat me to it..

Last edited by Seer : 11-10-08 at 05:46 AM.

11-10-08, 09:09 AM   #1545
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Question

Hi I tryed read them all but takes a long time lol.. so scanned em mite have missed what i am going to ask.

DO you plan on making a GUI for this? I am not really good at / type comans and such , I feel lost just try to set a single setting or two.

Also IS there a way to make the bag area in to just one bag button that still shows the buttonbag and key ring?

Oh ad did you ever add drdamge support? The new 3.0 version is not showing up in my Action bars as they where before i add nUI.

That it I think

My hubby the "no addon guy" found this and showed me as I have been try to make one for my self out of others and when i found your i fell in love with it, nUI now has replaced at lest 6 mods.
Plus my non-addon hubby has decide to use it and now say's he never relise mods could be so helpful .lol
He also hated the space they too up and you have fixed that.

11-10-08, 10:44 AM   #1546
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Hello KiwiiDawn --

Yes... a GUI config is in the works... one of nUI's supporters is working on it. I'm not sure when it will b ready.

nUI is compatible with most one-bag type addons. There's several nUI users who use them (I am not one of them) -- perhaps one of them will be kind enough to make a recommendation.

Dr. Damage support has not been added, but it is planned for sometime (probably not long after) WotLK goes live.

Thanks for the kind word and happy questing.

PS: Tell hubby to get with the program ~grin~

Originally Posted by KiwiiDawn View Post
Hi I tryed read them all but takes a long time lol.. so scanned em mite have missed what i am going to ask.

DO you plan on making a GUI for this? I am not really good at / type comans and such , I feel lost just try to set a single setting or two.

Also IS there a way to make the bag area in to just one bag button that still shows the buttonbag and key ring?

Oh ad did you ever add drdamge support? The new 3.0 version is not showing up in my Action bars as they where before i add nUI.

That it I think

My hubby the "no addon guy" found this and showed me as I have been try to make one for my self out of others and when i found your i fell in love with it, nUI now has replaced at lest 6 mods.
Plus my non-addon hubby has decide to use it and now say's he never relise mods could be so helpful .lol
He also hated the space they too up and you have fixed that.

11-10-08, 05:02 PM   #1547
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Zangband View Post
could you make that recount or damage meter built in nUI?
I'm sure I could, but I'm not sure what the benefit would be. Recount already does the job exceptionally well, I'm not sure there's a lot of benefit reinventing that wheel since it already integrates so nicely.

What did you have in mind as the reason, or benefit, of coding that functionality directly into nUI?

11-10-08, 06:49 PM   #1548
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Thanks a lot then ill wait every so patiently for them

Yes if any one who uses on can send info may way of one that will work well with nUI.

11-10-08, 08:36 PM   #1549
Queltharas
A Defias Bandit
Hi there,
just installed the nui, very nice one, well done!
Just got one question:
Whenever i login, i see the top of the UI, with the micromenu, the hud-options and so on, but after about 5 seconds, the whole top disappears, and the buttons are still there, but invisible.
I didnt find any solution until now, could you help me please?
Thanks!

11-10-08, 09:42 PM   #1550
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Quel,

Male sure you have the auto hide function of the top panel turned off, if you mouse over the top area ist should pop back down.

11-10-08, 10:38 PM   #1551
Bugbum
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
The question was what version does nUI says it is when you log in? I realize what you're saying, but need to know what nUI is reporting, which is why I asked.
nUI version 3.03.00{Beta} is loaded when I log into WoW

11-11-08, 07:16 AM   #1552
Queltharas
A Defias Bandit
Hm, thanks for your tips.
But the panel doesnt appear when i mouse over....
and actually i dont know what the auto hide function is, and where to turn on and off ^^

Edit: the command /nui console on gives me a message like:
"On" is not a valid command for..... Doesnt work in german as well.
"An" is not a valid command for.....

Last edited by Queltharas : 11-11-08 at 07:43 AM.

11-11-08, 09:12 AM   #1553
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
KiwiiDawn, I use ArkInventory , have tried many, many others.have had zero problems using it with nUI.

11-11-08, 09:17 AM   #1554
Shammah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yes if any one who uses on can send info may way of one that will work well with nUI.
I use ArkInventory. I have also used OneBag. Both worked for me.

11-11-08, 09:49 AM   #1555
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Queltharas View Post
Hm, thanks for your tips.
But the panel doesnt appear when i mouse over....
and actually i dont know what the auto hide function is, and where to turn on and off ^^

Edit: the command /nui console on gives me a message like:
"On" is not a valid command for..... Doesnt work in german as well.
"An" is not a valid command for.....
Ah... okay... I didn't realize you were playing using German. This is a known issue in the German localization file and my English to German translator is working on it.

Try using "AN" all in capital letters

Last edited by spiel2001 : 11-11-08 at 09:52 AM.

11-11-08, 09:59 AM   #1556
Jcks
A Kobold Labourer

I also use arkinventory. I love it, I can set things up in my bags so that all my drinks, potions, professions, class stuff, etc is all separated out.

On to the issue I have been having, (I have the pre- Wotlk version) and I was wondering if anyone else was having the issue. I have two classes I heal with, a resto druid, and a shaman that I back up heal if needed. When I go to target a person in 10 man raids or even in a five man group, I try to target any player below the top one listed and it targets the top player. In a raid I had to start pulling out the blizzard raid frames but in a five man I have to use F1 through F5. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I am a person that can't play without a nice neat ui and have found nUI the best out there. After the patch came out that busted everything, I used a bar mod and other addons to get me by, but was anxious for nUI to update so that I could have everything perfect again. Once our finances get a little more settled I will be contributing. (We just started buying a house.)

Thank you for such a great job!

11-11-08, 10:28 AM   #1557
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Jcks --

Thank you for the kind words and for the detailed bug report. It is possible there's a layering issue there though I can't say that's something I've experienced myself. Let me play with it a bit and see what I find.

Originally Posted by Jcks View Post
I also use arkinventory. I love it, I can set things up in my bags so that all my drinks, potions, professions, class stuff, etc is all separated out.

On to the issue I have been having, (I have the pre- Wotlk version) and I was wondering if anyone else was having the issue. I have two classes I heal with, a resto druid, and a shaman that I back up heal if needed. When I go to target a person in 10 man raids or even in a five man group, I try to target any player below the top one listed and it targets the top player. In a raid I had to start pulling out the blizzard raid frames but in a five man I have to use F1 through F5. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I am a person that can't play without a nice neat ui and have found nUI the best out there. After the patch came out that busted everything, I used a bar mod and other addons to get me by, but was anxious for nUI to update so that I could have everything perfect again. Once our finances get a little more settled I will be contributing. (We just started buying a house.)

Thank you for such a great job!

11-11-08, 10:33 AM   #1558
spiel2001
nUI's Author

OKay... I'm having some serious computer issues, so I'm going to have to reformat and reinstall everything. I have no idea how long it's going to take, but I'm sure it will take most of the day. That said, I am still going to try and get a release candidate out in e-mail to nUI's supporters tonight, if not, I will still be sure to e-mail everyone the update tomorrow night so you don't have to sweat downloading it.

And with that... I don't expect to be back to reading e-mail or answering questions on the boards until later tonight... I'm off the land of "reformat the hard drive and reinstall all of my software because WinDoze is a peace of garbage OS"

/sigh

11-11-08, 10:06 PM   #1559
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Well... it took me way longer than I had planned to get the system back up and running. Yeesh... and I'm still only just beginning to reinstall my applications, etc. No e-mail yet, but at least I'm back online.

I guess from the look of things it doesn't matter much as it appears all of the realms are still offline anyway. Fun day in Bliz world I bet. Think they are panicking much with just 24 hours to go until WotLK is supposed to go live?

In any event, I'm obviously not going to get an update out tonight, so I'll be sure to get it mailed out to everyone tomorrow evening after work... just in time for WotLK. ~smile~

See everyone tomorrow.

11-12-08, 08:35 AM   #1560
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Well No rush for you to day spiel2001 as the silly games been down lol.

Shammah thanks for you tips on ArkInventory, I like what i see but sadly it does nto like me I posted a ticket over there hope he can help.

I think what i was more looking for is like a micro or button that just shows just one bug button and the map mini buttons bag only and not all the other bags in the bag line up. only show one button and not all of emm.

Maybe there's a command for it and i am just not seeing it. If there is not one it mite be nice to add to the nUI. Show only backpack/mini button bag/keys.

Well Don't push you self to hard there spiel2001, your doing great.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement