03-25-10, 04:28 AM   #1
Luzzifus
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bar textures since 3.3.3

Hi,

I have observed some strange behaviour of the bar textures in my layout (oUF_Nivaya) since yesterday when the patch hit live servers. It seems like the textures don't fit the bar width anymore but are being repeated horizontally. So there are texture borders in the middle of the bar, which looks kinda ugly. There are no error messages however.

So does anybody know what has been changed by the patch causing it?

Thanks in advance,
Luzzifus.

**edit: Seems like I need to set the tex width manually cause of this new tiling stuff.. Will try that as soon as I come home.

Last edited by Luzzifus : 03-25-10 at 04:45 AM.
03-25-10, 09:08 AM   #2
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Depends how the bars are being done, if it's just a standard StatusBar, then call statusbar:GetStatusBarTexture():SetHorizTile(false) after you call statusbar:SetStatusBarTexture()
03-25-10, 11:54 AM   #3
Luzzifus
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Thank you, works perfectly!
03-25-10, 06:53 PM   #4
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
Depends how the bars are being done, if it's just a standard StatusBar, then call statusbar:GetStatusBarTexture():SetHorizTile(false) after you call statusbar:SetStatusBarTexture()
FYI, for what it is worth, i tried this on nameplate health bars (which are StatusBars). did not work (had horrible trouble with tiling/clipping). had to replace nameplate health bars with a frame+texture region (slaved to the health bar via an "OnValueChanged" script), and added a backdrop. hid the original nameplate health bar.

historically, Aloft allows the user to change the nameplate health bar size, placement, texture, and add a border. doing any single one of these things caused problems with nameplate health bars, resembling those people are generically reporting.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
03-25-10, 07:03 PM   #5
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by acapela View Post
FYI, for what it is worth, i tried this on nameplate health bars (which are StatusBars). did not work (had horrible trouble with tiling/clipping). had to replace nameplate health bars with a frame+texture region (slaved to the health bar via an "OnValueChanged" script), and added a backdrop. hid the original nameplate health bar.

historically, Aloft allows the user to change the nameplate health bar size, placement, texture, and add a border. doing any single one of these things caused problems with nameplate health bars, resembling those people are generically reporting.
You can only call SetHorizTile and SetVertTile once before they "lock" so if you do SetHorizTile(true) the SetHorizTile(false) it'll be stuck with horizontal tiling, this applies to both Textures and StatusBar textures.
11-02-10, 03:11 AM   #6
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I need help on this.

Look at

My statusbar texture is 32x32px in Size

Definition:
Code:
    local h = CreateFrame("StatusBar", nil, self)
    h:SetStatusBarTexture(cfg.texture)
    h:GetStatusBarTexture():SetVertTile(false)
    h:GetStatusBarTexture():SetHorizTile(true)
    --h:SetAllPoints(self)
    h:SetPoint("TOP",0,0)
    h:SetWidth(100)
    h:SetHeight(32)
That is the statusbar texture:

My problem is the following:
I want the texture to span vertical, but tile horizontal. But I cannot get it done. Where is the error?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 11-02-10 at 03:20 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Bar textures since 3.3.3