02-21-11, 05:29 AM   #1
Anjalena
Mess-maker!

Aura's grow down

Hey Scott. Hope things are going well for ya.

My aura bar for enemies grows down instead of up. Consequently, they go down behind my bag bar and combat log/recount/omen area. I was able to move the bag bar over with /nui movers, but that doesn't help much. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, lemme add a couple of things that I keep forgetting to ask about.

The whole bottom segment of nUI is so big (see screenies) that it obscures most of my character. Is that intended? Is there a way I can scale it down?

Along those same lines, my rune bar, health/race bar, and cooldown icons are plastered right across the middle of my character. Can those be moved? I'm guessing that maybe this is related to the size of nUI's lower part?

(also, apparently PrtScn no longer goes to the clipboard in WoW. it just takes a pic of the desktop as if WoW weren't open. *grumble*)

Thanks for everything you do, Scott. It's muchly appreciated, I can assure you. =) *hugs*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI Issue 01.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	473.2 KB
ID:	5779  Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI Issue 02.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	471.1 KB
ID:	5780  Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI Issue 03.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	5781  

Last edited by Anjalena : 02-21-11 at 05:33 AM.

02-21-11, 07:06 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Prt Scrn has always as long as I have played created an image file in the screenshots folder.

The hud area items can be moved around but they do require editing of the Layout folder files at least in nUI5. nUI6 will eventually have a UI to help with this.

The reason for the lowering of the character is because Scott had to remove the viewport due to graphic problems arising in 4.0.1.

And finally the aura problem is due to Blizzards change in 4.0.3 I think that made auras be protected frames and thus unable to be moved in combat. You will notice that after combat they will fix themselves. There is a work around in nUI5 by using the aura buttons plugin and in nUI6 I believe the problem has been resolved due to the rewriting of code done for it.

02-22-11, 04:19 PM   #3
Zaiviys
A Murloc Raider
No idea if this is related, but i am having an issue with my buffs/auras (if that's the section that I'm looking at) as well. I just logged in after having downloaded and reinstalled nUI. The screen below is what I see. On the left, my Buffs and such are near the middle of the screen and they have never been there before. What am I missing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022211_171539.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	5788  

02-22-11, 04:31 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That's the new aura system in place. Because auras cannot be moved anymore during combat the nearest Scott could come to stopping it from growing into the chat frame is to set its top position based on the max number of auras you want to display.

Play with the /nui maxauras xx values until its at a point and number you can live with. By default I believe player auras are set to 20 instead of the old max of 40.

02-22-11, 04:57 PM   #5
Zaiviys
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, I set it to 10, but that didn't fix it. If I set it to 0 and that does not turn it off, is there any other way to disable it?

02-22-11, 05:12 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Scott will have to answer that one. It's new with the latest version of nUI so I don't know how it works.

02-22-11, 08:13 PM   #7
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
no Scott had to force it to show 20 buffs etc.. so as not to error out the 'taint'

It is worth of note that the player buffs are now capped at 20 maximum and the pet buffs at 10 maximum. In addition, neither one of them will resize anymore. More importantly, they will not sort in combat, either... only out of combat. So, you cannot count on your shortest duration spells being at the top of the list while in combat. However, this is better than the auras being flat out broken.
Have fun, and remember WOW is just a game, for us to enjoy, and all the Addons we use.... remember the programmer is a human too, and MOST times, is doing this as a hobby, so give them time to have their life, so they can fix the addons, so we can have our WOW life.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Aura's grow down