02-15-10, 06:23 PM   #1
Shanyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Do any of the major chat mods have this functionality?

I'm currently a chatter user.

Something I like to do with my UIs is put my chat panel(s) on a partially transparent background. This effect is absolutely ruined when I mouse over the chat frame and the chat window darkens in response, even when the chat window is set to be completely transparent at all times. So far, the only "solution" I have found is to disable mouseover in the WoW UI proper, which then keeps me from clicking links in chat. Unacceptable. :\

I want to remove the hover-darkening without losing my ability to click links in chat. Will any of the chat mods that you good people out there know of give me the best of both worlds?

Thanks very much for your time in advance.
02-15-10, 06:51 PM   #2
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Paste

lua Code:
  1. DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0

into any addon you're using or make one to put it in if you know how.
02-15-10, 07:08 PM   #3
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Shanyn View Post
I'm currently a chatter user.

Something I like to do with my UIs is put my chat panel(s) on a partially transparent background. This effect is absolutely ruined when I mouse over the chat frame and the chat window darkens in response, even when the chat window is set to be completely transparent at all times. So far, the only "solution" I have found is to disable mouseover in the WoW UI proper, which then keeps me from clicking links in chat. Unacceptable. :\

I want to remove the hover-darkening without losing my ability to click links in chat. Will any of the chat mods that you good people out there know of give me the best of both worlds?

Thanks very much for your time in advance.
I've always wondered this myself as well. Is there anything out there like this?

edit - And I didn't see the above response :O Thanks I will see what I can do.
02-15-10, 07:12 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Its one of the options in prat. I used it for quite a long time specifically for that feature.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
02-15-10, 07:24 PM   #5
Shanyn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for all the responses. I'll try assigning that variable in one of my kgpanels scripts, otherwise I may switch to prat.

<3 you guys.
02-15-10, 08:53 PM   #6
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Ailae View Post
Paste

lua Code:
  1. DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0

into any addon you're using or make one to put it in if you know how.
Worked perfectly in an addon by itself. Been looking for this solution for a long time! Thanks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Do any of the major chat mods have this functionality?