05-08-15, 03:45 PM   #21
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
It's actually not as resource intensive as you might think to draw the same texture even hundreds of times on the screen once it's been loaded into memory, it has a fairly minor impact on performance.
Actually, I was thinking of each texcoord calculation step. Actual drawing would be much faster since that's all handled on C side.

I had to tear down one of my private addons because I was doing literally hundreds of vector calculations and in raid, it bogged my computer down a lot even with that as the only code running. I have a new version of my vector library built for a new iteration of the addon, but it's far from completed to the point where I can stress test it.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 05-08-15 at 03:49 PM.
05-08-15, 09:24 PM   #22
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
I see you have upgraded to ZPerl. Good.
Nah, still using XPerl - I did try ZPerl, but there seemed to be some issues with saving settings between characters, and copying settings from other characters. Since XPerl still works fine for me, I switched back for the time being.
05-09-15, 02:40 AM   #23
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
Nah, still using XPerl - I did try ZPerl, but there seemed to be some issues with saving settings between characters, and copying settings from other characters. Since XPerl still works fine for me, I switched back for the time being.
Hmm i experinced no issues like that.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » My Next Addon