01-10-06, 11:03 PM   #1
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
DAB Question: Hiding bars by click and Copying action to button

I have two questions about using DAB:

1) I want a bar that shows on mouseover, and disappears upon clicking any button (not on mouse-out) on the bar. I tried using the option in the bar config for "Hide On Click" but then no conditions (as mouseover is) will work for making the bar show. I assume this is due to what I read in another post, that processing isn't done on buttons that are hidden via the "Hide" checkbox -- that it's effectively the same thing -- but I can't find another way to do this.

I've tried using the "Action is Cooling Down" for each button on the bar, but the actions are all instant, so the only cooling down going on is the global cooldown. That means that if I have two bars with these same types of conditions, they all disappear when a button on any of them is pressed, as the global cooldown is activated for all of them.

I've tried using the "Action Just Used" but this condition seems to keep going until another action is used (or at least for some period of time other than just immediately upon click), which causes some odd behavior.

What can I do to get the behavior I'm looking for: click makes the bar disappear, mouseover makes it reappear.

2) How, within DAB, can one assign an action to a button via a condition or a script? I want the actual action icon to show up, just as if you had dragged it to the button.

I tried using "Remap Action" but it doesn't change the icon. I also tried using "Swap Action" (closer!) but it does, of course, actually switch the two buttons and I want the button I'm clicking originally to keep it's action -- just toss it onto another button.

I have this vague idea that making a single button bar with multiple pages, and making it change page based on the click of a button might work, but that seems clunky.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Roane : 01-10-06 at 11:36 PM.
01-11-06, 12:58 PM   #2
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Since I wrote this sort of late last night and it's nearly off the second page already, I'm going to give it just one bump in hopes that a daytime reader will have an idea.
01-11-06, 10:09 PM   #3
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1) Put this in the bar's OnClick script:
DAB_BAR_CLICKED = 1;

Then use these conditions:
Variable Is True - DAB_BAR_CLICKED; Hide
Cursor Is Not Over; Hide
Cursor Is Not Over; Set Variable to False - DAB_BAR_CLICKED
Cursor Is Over; Show; Overridden By: 1

2) Can't yet though I've already changed that in v3.1. No, I don't know when it'll be ready.
01-12-06, 09:03 PM   #4
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
Thank you for the response and advice. It's not quite working. I think, based on my testing, that the variable never gets set to false, no matter what is done. However, I have to admit that I'm not clear on if all the conditions are checked every run through and in order, or if they're gone through until we get to one that does something and then the rest are not checked.

I put in a couple of extra conditions to report the state of the variable:

Variable is true - DAB_BAR_CLICKED; Chat Frame Message - VAR TRUE
Variable is false - DAB_BAR_CLICKED; Chat Frame Message - VAR FALSE

These are before the four conditions suggested. Nothing I do ever prints the VAR FALSE message. Making any changes makes the VAR TRUE message print. Clicking on the bar when I can get it to show never makes it go away. I don't want it to actually disappear on mouseout (cursor not over) (see original post), but that's the only way I can get it to disappear reliably. If I have the cursor over/show line set to be overriden by the variable true/hide line, then the bar never shows up at all, no matter what I do. Setting the override the other way, the bar always shows and never hides (except on mouseout as stated above). I tried using a different variable name just in case, for some reason, there was a conflict with that one. Still no go. Any suggestions?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DAB Question: Hiding bars by click and Copying action to button