06-22-10, 08:46 PM   #1
Thndrnltning
A Kobold Labourer
leatrix problems

i have used latrix for several months and it worked fine in reducing in game latency and increasing framerates. After todays patch 3.3.5 to world of warcraft once i logged in i noticed terrible lag latency and low framrates. I uninstalled leatrix and reinstalled leatirx. After the reinstall my latency went down but my framerates remained at a very poor level <than 10. so I need help making sure that leatrix does what it is intended to do if this program does not work any longer which one does. (Note: answers like it is yuor internet connection or video card will not suffice as i have high speed internet for gamers and a very good video card) Other than trying to blame these areas what solution is there?
06-22-10, 09:06 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Leatrix latency fix does not modify wow in any way. It increases the frequency that your operating system approves data packets. Instead of approving them in pairs (after a time out) it approves each one as they arrive therefore lowering latency. Thats the broad strokes of it anyway.

Frame rates are based on your computers ability to process graphics and such (again broad strokes) so LLF has nothing to do with that.

With new content (and a long down time) lots of folks are trying to get on all at once. High volume can cause latency and lower frame rates if your in highly populated areas that have a higher than average volume.

This is not to say your system specs are totally at fault. In fact its most likely due to higher than normal player density right after a patch.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-22-10, 09:07 PM   #3
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I would try it without leatrix first. And see what the fps is without it. If it is still low, it's another reason, maybe try to defrag your HDD or whatever...

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

06-22-10, 09:15 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

And just a quick update. I use LFF as well and everything is working fine. Finally had the chance to log in

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-22-10, 09:15 PM   #5
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Try turning off AVR if you still have it installed.
06-22-10, 09:32 PM   #6
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
What you're probably experiencing is the usual post-patch cache rebuilding. The only thing you can do is wait it out as your caches are rebuilt.
12-18-10, 05:30 PM   #7
Sayas
A Defias Bandit
Anyone experience problems under Windows 7

I'd used LLF in the past with great success and decided to try it again with my newer Windows 7 machine. All of a sudden I started getting "blue screen of death" memory errors. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a work-around?
12-18-10, 05:45 PM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Currently using it on win 7 and have been since i upgraded to it about a year ago. No blue screening has occurred.

Try running the file that reverses it and see if it still happens.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » leatrix problems