03-23-14, 01:16 PM   #1
Shokarta
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Action (macro) on switching combat-noncombat mote

Hey guys, i didnt find ANY addon, which would allow me do some action (best would be macro) on swotching from noncombat mode to combat mode and the other way...

example:
u are hunter

once u right click on a mob u activate a combat mode and it will autoattack...
would be nice if the action of changing from noncombat mode to combat mode would me a macro of putting specific aspect plus trueshot aura plus anything else u wish to set up...

same for finishing the combat, once the mob is killed, the game will automatiucali change mode to noncombat... on this action could be putting the other aura or whatever u will set...

would be good to putting those action in just some text window where u write ur macro...

I guess such a addon isnt that hard to make...

thanks for the replies
03-23-14, 03:01 PM   #2
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Shokarta View Post
Hey guys, i didnt find ANY addon, which would allow me do some action (best would be macro) on swotching from noncombat mode to combat mode and the other way...

example:
u are hunter

would be nice if the action of changing from noncombat mode to combat mode would me a macro of putting specific aspect plus trueshot aura plus anything else u wish to set up...

same for finishing the combat, once the mob is killed, the game will automatiucali change mode to noncombat... on this action could be putting the other aura or whatever u will set...

would be good to putting those action in just some text window where u write ur macro...

I guess such a addon isnt that hard to make...

thanks for the replies
For the sake of clarification, you're wanting an addon to do something when you get in combat?
If so, addons can not perform actions for you. So casting any kind of spell is out of the question for you. Blizzard doesn't allow it, because it is considered a form of automation, i.e. cheating.

There used to be a function that allowed you to cancel certain auras upon entering combat, but I am not sure that is possible anymore.

If I understand what you're trying to say, no, what you're asking for a) isn't possible and b) is not allowed. If it were possible, it would likely be considered botting.

This functionality is already built into the game.
03-23-14, 03:06 PM   #3
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Seeing as how he mentioned trueshot aura I'm guessing this also isn't for the live version of the game, since that's been passive since MoP launched.
03-23-14, 04:18 PM   #4
Shokarta
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well I would never even consider to use some sort of bot as other people using fishbot etc... but this i woulkdnt consider as cheating, but it saves a lot of annoying clicking...

once I finish the combat, i do put aspect of viper so i can have some mana regenerated before each fightes, if this would do that for me, it would be so helpfull, and it wont actually help anyhow in fight, no physical advantage... just saves time and effort....

anyway, why would u say its not possible to do such an addon?

its quite easy to let lua find out if ur in combat or out of combat, once this status changes, put the specific aspect on....

EDIT: anyway, as hunter im using the same thing so far as macros on my hotkeys...
example: riding a horse, seeing mob, click on him, click on any hotkey (1-8), and each hotkey has a macro:
!aspect of the hawk
cast serpent string
(or something like that, so at this point anytime i attack a mob, its automatically putiong this aspect up... but the way i asked for such an addon, it would be much nicer and easier for anybody

Last edited by Shokarta : 03-23-14 at 04:24 PM.
03-23-14, 04:48 PM   #5
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What you're asking can't be done, and nobody here is going to help you with a private server.
03-23-14, 07:40 PM   #6
Mirrikh
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
this has kinda intrigued me. going kinda with what he said, but in a kind of different direction, is there a way to have an addon or something have a saved actionbar for out of combat with stuff like mounts/profs (non combaty things), but once you go into combat it would switch to one with your abilities, and then switches back wen out of combat?
03-23-14, 10:10 PM   #7
Duugu
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mirrikh View Post
this has kinda intrigued me. going kinda with what he said, but in a kind of different direction, is there a way to have an addon or something have a saved actionbar for out of combat with stuff like mounts/profs (non combaty things), but once you go into combat it would switch to one with your abilities, and then switches back wen out of combat?
That should be possible with almost every action bar addon that supports states. (like Dominos, Bartender, etc.)
In/out of combat is a state condition.
03-23-14, 11:45 PM   #8
Mirrikh
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ah thats right, i always forget about that option.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Action (macro) on switching combat-noncombat mote