05-24-07, 01:10 PM   #21
taku biru
A Defias Bandit
Aye, thats the error I'm getting. As I stated, I only get it when I log onto a mazzified priest (though, granted, I haven't tried _every_ other class). I deleted my priests' WTF folder and re-mazzified, but picked the big button basic layout instead of the priest layout and I'm up and running.

As a side note, I did use macaceupdate but noticed this priest problem before hand.

I hope I'm useful
05-24-07, 01:24 PM   #22
arrwyndruid
A Murloc Raider
Talking

I have an iMAC and am now only having 1 error. Originally WoW was crashing completely. I got rid of all my existing mods out of the interface folder and the wtf. I downloaded mazzle again. Ran it once. Then did the macaceupdater per the instructions in the previous posts.

Now it runs with the exception of the one error for raid frames.

Thanks everyone for all your help. Don't like to play with Mazzle anymore! Glad to have it back
05-24-07, 01:32 PM   #23
arrwyndruid
A Murloc Raider
Ok - I typed too soon. My druid is fine, my pally is fine but my lock is still crashing. Not sure what she has that the others don't but looking for it now. Any and all help would be appreciated.
05-24-07, 02:08 PM   #24
Neroon
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Not having this problem -- i ran MacAceupdater and things are almost back to normal. No Bongos issues at all.
05-25-07, 11:23 AM   #25
Ironshield
A Murloc Raider
Thank you Mazzlefizz -- I certainly did precontext my uneducated guess with admission of uneducatedness!! Glad you knew I was just trying to help. =)

All of this has prompted me to look into LUA and the guts of MazzleUI this weekend to better understand the UI - seeing as it is so fundamental to this game now that I prefer not to play without it!!

I am going to try to go back all the way to a clean WoW without any add ons and start over with MazzleUI.

Hopefully that will dispense with any corrupted bongos config files. I am up and running right now, but not "as intended" and with my "work arounds" which are not nearly as polished as your final product!

/wanders off to go study LUA coding and the impressive animal that is MazzleUI

Are you really a one-man band? You need peons! = )

r.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I apppreciate your post, but I think you're making many assumptions that make the conclusions your reach completely incorrect. Many, if not most people are running my bongos just fine, including myself. I don't think there is anything inherently going on that conflicts with 2.1, as you seem to conclude. Moreover, many observations you had after installing newer version of Bongos don't tell us anything. Many things in the MazzleuI code rely on changes in my version of Bongos.

To be honest, everything you describe seems to indicate you got an error while Mazzifying. All the layout stuff you described are completely consistent with that. Furthermore, corrupt bongos settings
could cause a really long bar. The size of the first bar would simply have to be incorrectly set to something large, for example 120, which I could imagine happening if there's an error or an unusual bug. What I would suggest is that you try to recreate the original LUA error that happened when you were mazzifying with the original bongos. That's really the place to start.

{Azgalor, Alleria}
05-25-07, 01:36 PM   #26
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by arrwyndruid
Now it runs with the exception of the one error for raid frames.
If you're talking about the GroupFilter error, that's a known bug that you won't be able to fix. It shouldn't affect anything too badly. It's fixed in the new version.
05-25-07, 05:22 PM   #27
Flandaris
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
After running macaceupdater everything on mine is 99% back to normal, the only thing I've noticed and mabye someone has as well, in a group setting when an item is picked up, and the bar appears in the top of the screen for "roll/greee/need" etc., the stats of that item do not appear when you hoover or it. I get the annoying HooHoo sound effect.

Thanks!
F
05-26-07, 01:19 AM   #28
Exceltica
A Murloc Raider
I am seeing the crashing error with layout/scale assert failing in the client.

From what I am reading, it sounds like it works for some people, but not others, or it works for some people on some characters, but not on all of their characters. Additionally, I think Mazzlefizz has stated an inability to reproduce this problem. Apparently, this problem is related to Bongos in the MazzleUI.

I noticed in the FAQ, I believe, that when populating the button bars during set-up, if mazzlefying a lower level characters, some of the buttons may be left empty due to the spells/abilities not being available yet.

So, just as an off the wall guess, if an action bar was completely empty of buttons due to not having abilities/spells available to populate it, or personal character configuration, would this be a zero width/height bar being fed into the layout/scaling code?

If so, this should be testable (creating new low level characters on an installation which has Mazzle working and applying Mazzle to see if it breaks) or trackable (seeing if if the characters that are suffering problems from Mazzle crashing are of a particular class or level range.)

For instance, I am seeing this problem on a level 5 Draenei Shaman.
05-26-07, 02:01 AM   #29
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Exceltica
I am seeing the crashing error with layout/scale assert failing in the client.

From what I am reading, it sounds like it works for some people, but not others, or it works for some people on some characters, but not on all of their characters. Additionally, I think Mazzlefizz has stated an inability to reproduce this problem. Apparently, this problem is related to Bongos in the MazzleUI.

I noticed in the FAQ, I believe, that when populating the button bars during set-up, if mazzlefying a lower level characters, some of the buttons may be left empty due to the spells/abilities not being available yet.

So, just as an off the wall guess, if an action bar was completely empty of buttons due to not having abilities/spells available to populate it, or personal character configuration, would this be a zero width/height bar being fed into the layout/scaling code?

If so, this should be testable (creating new low level characters on an installation which has Mazzle working and applying Mazzle to see if it breaks) or trackable (seeing if if the characters that are suffering problems from Mazzle crashing are of a particular class or level range.)

For instance, I am seeing this problem on a level 5 Draenei Shaman.
I can't reproduce it b/c I don't have a Mac.

If you want to test your theory, try this. Load the Mazzifier and type this before Mazzifying the buttons:

/script Mazzifier:CompressBar() = function() end

That should stop it from decreasing the bar size.
05-26-07, 07:49 AM   #30
G-Stone
A Kobold Labourer
Hi

I am running MazzleUI on a Macbook Pro & have had the bongos crashing problem. Just thought I would post my results in case it helps.

My results so far:

Lvl 39 Warrior: Mazzify worked fine including Bongos
Lvl 34 Druid: Mazzify worked fine including Bongos
Lvl 16 Warlock: Bongos crashes if default Mazzify layout is selected
Lvl 1 Druid: Bongos crashes if default Mazzify layout is selected
Lvl 1 Druid: Mazzify worked fine including Bongos if "Basic Layout" is selected
Lvl 1 Warlock: Mazzify worked fine including Bongos if "Basic Layout" is selected

All of which would indicate that Exceltica's idea is correct.

I messed around with the Bongos_ActionBar.lua file (I don't really know what I'm doing) & got it to work with the Lvl 16 Warlock, unfortunately I don't know what I did that actually fixed it,

But Mazzify will still cause the crash when it redoes the button setup.

Hope this helps, Let me know if I can help test anything
05-26-07, 08:32 AM   #31
FelixTeCat
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bongos worked fine for my druid "70" but not for my priest "70" and I was using the Mazzle button layout.

I plan on playing with it this weekend and see what I can come up with.
05-26-07, 10:25 AM   #32
Exceltica
A Murloc Raider
Mac Client crash cause -- Mazzle layout vs. Basic Big Button Layout?

I can't reproduce it b/c I don't have a Mac.

If you want to test your theory, try this. Load the Mazzifier and type this before Mazzifying the buttons:

/script Mazzifier:CompressBar() = function() end

That should stop it from decreasing the bar size.
My apologies -- I didn't mean to say that you should try it, but people who had it working on a Mac already to see if it would break. I went through some more test cases (detailed below) -- on three characters (level 4 Draenei shaman, level 6 blood elf warlock, level 6 night elf rogue) and found the factor that was causing the Mazzlefication to crash the client:
I removed the WTF folder and went through the process again. Loaded up the level 4 Draenei, adjusted the screen size (wide mode, windowed), then pasted that line ("/script Mazzifier:CompressBar() = function() end") in before running through the Mazzification process. (Used defaults, full Mazzle, Large size on the fonts, Mazzle Shamam button layout) No dice, unfortunately, same error.

Removed WTF folder, reran in wide mode, non-windowed (1920x1200), full defaults, Large font size, Mazzle Shamam button layout, same error.

Removed WTF folder, reran in wide mode, non-windowed, full defaults, normal size fonts, Mazzle Shamam button layout, same error.

Removed WTF folder, reran in wide mode, non-windowed, full defaults, normal size fonts, Big Button Layout, Populate spells off -- WORKED.

Removed WTF folder, reran in wide mode, non-windowed, full defaults, normal size fonts, Mazzle Shaman Layout, Populate spells off, same error.

Removed WTF folder, reran in wide mode, non-windowed, full defaults, normal size fonts, Big Button Layout, Populate spells on -- WORKED.
Tenative conclusion: Something about the Mazzle Shaman default button layout is doing something differently. The Big Button Layout is apparently working.

Switched to level 6 blood elf warlock. Removed WTF folder (my Trash can is full of WTF folders now! ) Re-ran in wide mode, non-windowed, full defaults, normal size fonts, Big Button Layout, Populate spells on -- WORKED.

Still on level 6 blood elf warlock. Removed WTF folder, re-ran in wide mode, non-windowed, full defaults, normal sized fonts, Mazzle Warlock layout, Populate spells on, same error/crash.

Switched to level 6 night elf rogue. Removed WTF folder, Re-ran in wide mode, non-windowed, full defaults, normal size fonts, Big Button Layout, Populate spells on -- WORKED.

Still on level 6 night elf rogue. Removed WTF folder, Re-ran in wide mode, non-windowed, full defaults, normal size fonts, Mazzle Layout, Populate spells on, same error/crash.
Test summaries:
* 3 classes, 3 races (Level 4 Draenei Shaman, Level 6 Blood Elf Warlock, Level 6 Night Elf Rogue)
* WTF folder removed each time
* Only difference between success and the client crashing is whether or not the Basic Big Button layout was chosen or the Mazzle class specific button layout was chosen.

Potential open test cases:
* Test with other classes and Mazzle class-specific button layout.
* Retest the above with higher level characters and Mazzle class-specific button layout to see if there is a combination of the Mazzle class-specific button layout and a missing ability affecting the button layout.
* Retest the above with the Basic Button Layout instead of Basic Big Button Layout
* Mazzle-fy one character with Basic Big Button layout, confirm it works. Then without removing WTF folder, Mazzle-fy a second with Mazzle class-specific and confirm it crashes. Reload and confirm first character still works to confirm that the problem is isolated to character-specific button layout.

Please let me know if the additional testing would be of help (though I am limited in the number of high level character classes I can throw at it), or if there is a different methodology or set of options I should be exercising.

Alternatively, if there are specific WTF folder files you would want to look at, I could re-run the tests above (Big Button Layout vs. Mazzle class specific layout) and post the files (or look for specific values, at least). It is always possible that the problem is not in Bongos per se or such, but rather that somehow the configuration generation is getting broken in some way.

(At the moment, it appears I can consistantly generate a success case and a failure case, though it should not be assumed that the failure cases I am generating cover all other reports of the client crash in the CLayoutFrame file.)
05-26-07, 02:46 PM   #33
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, one difference between those two layouts is that the big button layout (or any of the simple layouts) will not try to collapse bars. Did you attempt the little experiment in my last post with one of the class layouts?
05-26-07, 04:17 PM   #34
Isengarde
A Fallenroot Satyr

I am testing that theory you posted as I type this, will edit this with results.

Okay that still left me with the same error... however i find it odd that it crashes only on my warlock, yet I used the mazzlefiz rogue layout and that works correctly, willl test a few more times I may have typed that in wrong (I'm a noob at scripting etc etc)

Last edited by Isengarde : 05-26-07 at 04:20 PM.
05-26-07, 06:51 PM   #35
Exceltica
A Murloc Raider
Well, one difference between those two layouts is that the big button layout (or any of the simple layouts) will not try to collapse bars. Did you attempt the little experiment in my last post with one of the class layouts?
Yes, I tried it in that set of experiments, but only the initial time, with the Mazzle Shaman button layout, on the level 5 Draenei Shaman.

I removed the WTF folder, started in windowed mode, wide-screen. The Mazzification UI welcome dialogue appeared. I cut and pasted the /script line you provided in to the chat window. Then I continued with the Mazzlefication process, and got the crash.

I tried again, just now, this time exiting the Mazzification UI when it appeared, pasting the "/script Mazzifier:CompressBar() = function() end" in, and then starting the Mazzification UI. Still got the crash.

Finally, I poked around and found the "CompressBar" function in Mazzifier_Buttons.lua. I changed the line from "local shouldAdd = false" to "local shouldAdd = true", and reran with that. That worked and got me through the Mazzlefication with the Mazzle Button layout without a crash.

(Not sure enough about Lua to understand if "CompressBar()" in "/script Mazzifier:CompressBar() = function() end"" matches "CompressBar(theBar)" in terms of how Lua handle function/method matching and whatnot.)

So this crash definitely appears to be triggered by the CompressBar() function, at least. (I do not normally screw around with Lua -- I do see that the first thing that happens in the Mazzifier_Buttons.lua after CompressBar() gets called is a check to see if the numButtons field is set to 0, and if so, (re)setting various member values. So I suspect that something is getting set that causes something else to be passed onto some other function and so on until it finally causes a crash. I am not familiar enough with WoW UI stuff to track that down.)

If you want, I can dump the WTF folder again, and rerun without the change to the CompressBar() function, and then dump the (crash-causing) generated button bar configuration files some where for you? That way, you can compare them to how your own set up is generating them to see if the problem is in the configuration generation first, before digging into the Bongos code.

Overall, I have to say Mazzle UI is very professional!
05-26-07, 08:43 PM   #36
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh, duh. The line I gave you would not work. I forgot the function returns a value. This would probably work though:

/script Mazzifier:CompressBar(bar) = function() return bar; end

As for your question, yes it would "match". I was trying to get it to do nothing, but doing nothing would be returning the same bar, which the first line I gave you didn't do.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 05-26-07 at 08:46 PM.
05-26-07, 09:01 PM   #37
Exceltica
A Murloc Raider

As for your question, yes it would "match". I was trying to get it to do nothing, but doing nothing would be returning the same bar, which the first line I gave you didn't do.
I kinda suspected, but don't know enough about Lua + WoW to toss off a /script hack. I did manage to just finagle the CompressBar function around like I said, which as far as I can tell, did about the same thing.

Anyways, the culprit does seem to be lurking around as a result of CompressBar. However, this only seems to happen on a Mac, which you don't have. So, is there any further testing or information I can provide? Right now, I can certainly toggle it on and off, but insofar as tracking the results all the way down to the crash point from the results of CompressBar(), I'm a bit lost.
05-26-07, 09:16 PM   #38
Isengarde
A Fallenroot Satyr

I tried that command like you posted mazz and it didn't work, perhaps i'm not doing it at the right time, should I do it before I hit the First mazzify button... or hit that, then the script, then the finalizing mazzify button?
05-27-07, 01:08 AM   #39
Xenophanes
A Defias Bandit
One odd error I've noticed after updating my mods using the MacAceUpdater is that my baggins bank bag is incorrectly leaving names off items on mouseover. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this error, and I may try re-installing baggins and see if it fixes things.

I have not had the problems stated earlier in this thread running Mazzle since the patch, but I also have not attempted to Mazzify a new character.
05-27-07, 03:19 AM   #40
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Isengarde
I tried that command like you posted mazz and it didn't work, perhaps i'm not doing it at the right time, should I do it before I hit the First mazzify button... or hit that, then the script, then the finalizing mazzify button?
You can do it any time after you see the Mazzify window. Do it sometime before you click Mazzify. Actually, I just thought of something. The line I gave will only work if you mazzify JUST the buttons. Otherwise, the mazzifier will reload the UI and the change that command makes will be lost.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle and Mac