11-27-07, 06:57 PM   #1
Isengarde
A Fallenroot Satyr

can't get this working for the life of me...

okay i have neve rhad a problem fixing mazzleui after a patch until now. i've tried just about everything i've read and seen on the forums and it just isn't working. for somereason when i use the mazzle patches for 2.3 the mazzifier folder and everythign is there, but my wow addon list does not read it /list it at all, so i try to use the older 1.1 core mazzifier but that is getting me no where either, but alot closer then the patch files had gotten me. with the old core i get stuck with a few bugs about a context menu assertion failing because of a nil value or something of that nature. even if all i could get it to do would be to get the bars and stuff the way they used to be i would be happy haha. however even trying to change the bongos bar manually won't even work for me now.... any ideas and sorry my shift key isn't working for some reason...
11-27-07, 09:31 PM   #2
joive
A Theradrim Guardian

Inside

The 'Addons Folder' is inside the 'Interface Folder'?

Sir James Dewar
11-27-07, 09:43 PM   #3
sorcerous
An Aku'mai Servant

All you have to do, honestly, is as this thread says:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13631
11-28-07, 01:06 AM   #4
Isengarde
A Fallenroot Satyr

yes and yes, i've done both, i followed the guide to a t. the problem is when i do that for some reason it is NOT picking up that the mazzifier is in my addons folder, even though when i look through the addons folder it is clearly there. I play on a mac if that matters at all.
11-28-07, 03:33 AM   #5
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Isengarde
yes and yes, i've done both, i followed the guide to a t. the problem is when i do that for some reason it is NOT picking up that the mazzifier is in my addons folder, even though when i look through the addons folder it is clearly there. I play on a mac if that matters at all.
If you don't see the add-on in the list, you simply did not install it correctly. Files are missing or are in the wrong spot.

Since you're on a Mac, I suspect that required files were being deleted when you overwrote one folder with another. The direction in the sticky thread warns Mac users that they need to take specific precautions to avoid that. On PCs, when you drop one folder on another, it will only overwrite individual files with the same name. On a Mac, it will delete the entire pre-existing folder and its contents, then replace it with the new one. You need to be mindful of this difference or you'll end up erasing necessary files when you do steps 2 and 3. This is detailed in the instructions included with MazzleUI as well as the sticky in the forum entitled "MazzleUI 1.1 Core."

And no offense to sorcerous, but I'd just follow the sticky's intructions, the ones included with the UI and perhaps anything Detard included in his updated add-ons or fix compilations.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 11-28-07 at 03:36 AM.
11-28-07, 07:07 AM   #6
Isengarde
A Fallenroot Satyr

got it fixed...

Last edited by Isengarde : 11-28-07 at 09:04 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » can't get this working for the life of me...