05-22-07, 09:34 PM   #1
PHroG
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Addon Update Guide w/WowAceUpdater

After reading MazzleFizz's post about libraries I decided to test his theory out...I restored my backed up addon folder and updated just the libs and ran wow...Most issues were immediately fixed...The only remaining issues I had were with Autobar and CharacterInfo...I then updated just those two addons and *poof* no bugs in the bug bag and everything seems to be working great so far.

I figured I'd do a quick guide detailing the exact process for doing this...However, I have only done this with the default MazzleUI install, I have no additional addons.

First step, download WowAceUpdater here:

http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/s...1.8.23-bin.zip

Extract all of it to a friendly directory of your choice (C:\WowAceUpdater\ is what I used).

Make sure WoW is closed and run WowAceUpdater.exe.

It will search for your WoW installation and list all of the addons you have installed.

Simply go through and select the following:

AbacusLib
AutoBar
AutoBarConfig
BanzaiLib
CandyBar
CharacterInfo
CharacterInfoStorage
ChatThrottleLib
CompostLib
CrayonLib
Deformat
DewdropLib
FuBarPlugin-2.0
GloryLib
GratuityLib
JostleLib
PaintChipsLib
ParserLib
RosterLib
SurfaceLib
TabletLib
Talismonger-3.0
TouristLib

Now hit F12 to update or goto File > Install/Update Marked Addons With Externals

It will then download the newest verisons of all the libs and Autobar/Charinfo if available.

Load up WoW, re-run mazzlefy and choose 'Complete configuration, I want MazzleGazm!"...Choose the other options you want, they should default to where you had them before...When you get to the layout window, you can uncheck the box at the bottom that says, 'Also place spells and actions in the button?' if you want to keep the ones you have already assigned that is!

Viola, you should be running smoothly now...This has fixed all the bugs I had (Except map transparency, which is detailed in another thread).

I do not know how this will effect any additional addons your running besides the default ones included in MazzleUI.

Hope this helps!
~PHRoG
05-22-07, 10:42 PM   #2
Koonihc
A Fallenroot Satyr
I am following these directions and when i try to run the updater i get an error message that asks for .net framework 2.0.5727

Aany idea?

05-22-07, 10:47 PM   #3
Inygo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am following these directions and when i try to run the updater i get an error message that asks for .net framework 2.0.5727
This means you need to download and install the .NET framework version 2.0. You can get it at windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Its in the optional section
05-22-07, 10:49 PM   #4
PHroG
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Koonihc

Aany idea?

Yup, update Windows XP

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

You don't have .net framework 2.0 installed.

Alternatively you can install just the 2.0 framework if you have SP2 installed.

Go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

~PHRoG
05-22-07, 11:11 PM   #5
Koonihc
A Fallenroot Satyr
/ty

headed there now!
05-22-07, 11:17 PM   #6
wgbknight
A Murloc Raider

Thank you. That solved lots of my problems.

Now I just have to figure out what's causing this.

[2007/05/23 00:13:59-2-x149]: Interface\FrameXML\LootFrame.lua:191: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'page' (a nil value):
05-23-07, 01:21 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by PHroG
Now hit F12 to update or goto File > Install/Update Marked Addons With Externals
Thanks for this, but you need to do *without* externals.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-23-07, 02:51 AM   #8
Cutestory
A Defias Bandit
I did it "with externals" and it worked fine for me. The only thing else I had to do was install "Talented_Data," which was originally on the "Not Installed" list.

Am I going to have trouble later?
05-23-07, 04:17 AM   #9
PHroG
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah
Thanks for this, but you need to do *without* externals.
To be brutally honest...I have no clue what the difference between without/with externals is...LOL

However, using the method above I have fixed both my machines as well as seven friends machines.

One thing to add is if after doing the above you get another error or two in the bug bag, try using the updater to update just the addon having issues.

Like with my hunter, I had the autofeed addon which bugged out...Updated it and worked like a gem!

~PHRoG
05-23-07, 07:54 AM   #10
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
To be brutally honest...I have no clue what the difference between without/with externals is...LOL
In another thread that Mazzle started, she explained about the Libs that Ace2 uses. She also explained that she didn't include the externals as it would duplicate the libraries (i.e. multiple copies of the libraries for each add on that uses it).

Addtionally, in that same thread, Airdragon posted steps in updating the MazzleUI (which I tried to follow).

Originally Posted by Airdragon
1.) Started with a fresh addon folder.
2.) Copied the !!!StandaloneLibraries from http://files.wowace.com into addon directory
3.) Copied MazzleUI files saying No to all requests for file overwrites
4.) Downloaded WAU from http://www.wowace.com
5.) Clicked Edit > Mark Installed Addons (F4 sortcut0
6.) Clicked File > Install/Update selected addons > Without Externals
7.) Loaded game up with character already Mazzified, no errors
8.) Loaded game up on un-Mazzified character, also no loading errors
9.) Mazzified new character, also no errors. Had new Ace2 addons installed.
When I first did the above steps, all seemed ok except for Autobar which appears on the center of the screen as a radio button; but I re-ran the WoWAceUpdater and it fixed it.

Note: In the step, "Copied MazzleUI files saying No to all requests for file overwrites", I downloaded the MazzleUI 1.01 from this site and used the original MazzleUI files and said "No" to copying the library folders.

So, my current Interface\Addons folder are the original MazzleUI files plus any libraries that came with !!StandaloneLibraries.
05-23-07, 08:49 AM   #11
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Airdragon, can you elaborate on the need for the !!!StandaloneLibraries mod? I tried your suggestion (after backing up my addons folder) and had copious SharedMedia-1.0 errors in bugsack, and consequently, a great majority of my mods weren't working. So, I put the backed up addons folder back in, tried just using the AceUpdater to update all my mods and voila, everything works perfectly.
05-23-07, 09:56 AM   #12
SuicydKing
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ringleron
In another thread that Mazzle started, she explained about the Libs that Ace2 uses. She also explained that she didn't include the externals as it would duplicate the libraries (i.e. multiple copies of the libraries for each add on that uses it).

Addtionally, in that same thread, Airdragon posted steps in updating the MazzleUI (which I tried to follow).

When I first did the above steps, all seemed ok except for Autobar which appears on the center of the screen as a radio button; but I re-ran the WoWAceUpdater and it fixed it.

Note: In the step, "Copied MazzleUI files saying No to all requests for file overwrites", I downloaded the MazzleUI 1.01 from this site and used the original MazzleUI files and said "No" to copying the library folders.

So, my current Interface\Addons folder are the original MazzleUI files plus any libraries that came with !!StandaloneLibraries.
I followed these steps and have full functionality from what I can tell. I didn't even need to rerun wau to fix autobar.
05-23-07, 10:17 AM   #13
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by SuicydKing
I followed these steps and have full functionality from what I can tell. I didn't even need to rerun wau to fix autobar.

Maybe when I did it the first time, the Autobar was not updated yet.

And when I re-ran it (WowAceUpdater) later, Autobar might have been updated.
05-23-07, 10:44 AM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
AutoBar had a couple issues yesterday and was updated with fixes last night.

As for externals, WITH externals means that copies of the libraries are included WITH the addon (so you have a copy of Ace2 for each addon that uses it, for example. WITHOUT externals means that those libraries are left out of the download, and libraries are run disembedded (from right within your AddOns folder, where Mazzle has them). This way you only have one copy of each library and you won't run into any conflicts between new libraries and the old ones that are out of date and included with Mazzle.

As for what !!!StandAloneLibraries does... This is a tool for using disembedded libraries with the WoW Ace Updater (WAU). If you really want to know what it does, !!!SAL comes with an empty folder for each main library, which WAU unpacks into your AddOns folder. When WAU is run after that, all those empty folders get filled and updated just like they were regular addons.

As for SharedMedia-1.0... This is a somewhat new library. SharedMediaLib and SharedMedia have replaced SurfaceLib and Surfaces, and now most all Ace2 addons will pull from SharedMedia for bar textures, fonts, etc. If you use !!!SAL, then it includes a folder for SharedMediaLib, but if you want the extra bar textures, etc, then you need to download SharedMedia (the actual pack with media in it) separately.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-23-07, 06:39 PM   #15
Draklinthor
A Defias Bandit
Well met all,

Ok, 1st post, a post I really don't want ot make considering all the trouble Mazzle goes through, I wish not to add any other crap to his pile. I like to try and figure things out on my own or just wait until an updated version is released. Anyways, I tried the procedure the original poster posted. The UI is playable but I am still having some issues. I did everything the OP said to do accept I loaded the addons without externals which is suggested by Seerah. Seerah seems to know his stuff from reading all the post, so I went with his suggestion.

I'm not gonna post my problems, like I said, the UI is usable. I'm not gonna bother trying to fix anything. I'll just wait and pray for an updated version by Mazzle. There is 2 things that I have noticed I wanted to mention, just so it is mentioned. As far as I can tell, they haven't been mentioned yet, and seem some what important.

1st, I have a little green dot that is unmovable right in the middle of my screen. The tooltip says left click and drag should move it, but it doesn't. You can click on it and open a window, it says it's Autobar - Ace2- (2.01.00.02 Beta). I am assuming if I configure this, it will be moviable, haven't tried yet.

2nd, when you open up the addon menu from character screen, there is no place to type numbers to up/lower your UI usage. I know that is supposed to be there, but its not.
05-23-07, 07:23 PM   #16
Najica
A Murloc Raider
After reading MazzleFizz's post about libraries I decided to test his theory out...I restored my backed up addon folder and updated just the libs and ran wow...Most issues were immediately fixed...The only remaining issues I had were with Autobar and CharacterInfo...I then updated just those two addons and *poof* no bugs in the bug bag and everything seems to be working great so far.

I figured I'd do a quick guide detailing the exact process for doing this...However, I have only done this with the default MazzleUI install, I have no additional addons.

Hope this helps!
~PHRoG
Yeah, you saved my day. Thank you very much for this guide, it's a great shot term solution 'til Mazzlefizz figured out a new version of that - honestly - fantastic UI. =)

Not everything was working well after that guide (e.g. Xloot, Cartographer, sRaidframes) but it's better then the boring Blizz interface. By the way, updating Cartographer and Xloot via the WoWAceUpdater fixed the problems. I'm happy... no, I'm very happy. I can't live without Mazzlefizz' UI... okay, a little bit excessively but it's the truth.

with kind regards
Najica, Zirkel des Zenarius (german realm)
05-23-07, 08:06 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Draklinthor
The UI is playable but I am still having some issues. I did everything the OP said to do accept I loaded the addons without externals which is suggested by Seerah. Seerah seems to know his stuff from reading all the post, so I went with his suggestion.
(her ) Not sure exactly what to tell you since I don't know what errors you're getting, but as long as it's playable and you're willing to be patient for an update from Mazzle, you don't need to post them.

1st, I have a little green dot that is unmovable right in the middle of my screen. The tooltip says left click and drag should move it, but it doesn't. You can click on it and open a window, it says it's Autobar - Ace2- (2.01.00.02 Beta). I am assuming if I configure this, it will be moviable, haven't tried yet.
Yes, that is supposed to be AutoBar. Try clearing your saved variables for AutoBar - go to your WTF folder and delete anything with autobar in the name.

2nd, when you open up the addon menu from character screen, there is no place to type numbers to up/lower your UI usage. I know that is supposed to be there, but its not.
That box is no longer present in Blizz UI, they took it out.

05-24-07, 08:21 AM   #18
Draklinthor
A Defias Bandit
Sorry Seerah
05-24-07, 12:30 PM   #19
Fate
A Kobold Labourer
I followed the steps as per the original post and when I click on the "WoWAceUpdater" I get an error saying it failed to initialize properly. I thought maybe it was the .net problem that a few posts above someone was having. But I'm current with my windows updates.

Any suggestions? Thanks
05-24-07, 01:31 PM   #20
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Try to redownload WAU

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon Update Guide w/WowAceUpdater