04-02-14, 03:30 AM   #1
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SkyCompass

Current Version: (on approval) 0.2.0b (beta)

What it is: A Skyrim-style "tape" compass that shows World Map landmarks (flight paths, pet trainers, PvP objectives, etc), tracked quest location, and corpse location icons for easier first-person style navigation. As in the aforementioned game, landmarks are faded, scaled and stacked, and arrows are scaled, based on your distance from the location.

What it is not: It cannot track mini-map only locations (mailboxes, banks, vendors, etc), because the API does not provide locations for those items.

Project page: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...kyCompass.html

Caveats
  • Currently the Icons look pretty horrible (as icons scaled about 5x their original size tend to do) - higher resolution versions are on my to-do list, but right now the priority has been getting it to work reliably.
  • The accuracy of locations depend entirely on how accurate Blizzard was when placing these landmarks on the World Map. Sometimes the difference can vary significantly.

I am by no means done improving and adding features to it; but I figure, since it's useful, functional, and stable, that it would be a good time to release it. Any suggestions, or feature requests will be extremely useful at this point - as it will help me determine how close my ideas for the project, blend with the opinions of the community.

So, by all means - check it out, and let me know what you think!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » SkyCompass