09-21-09, 02:46 PM   #1
ormjaevel
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Use /script to make a song repeat?

Hello!

When I play I usual listen to Youtube, but as many know youtube dont have an repeat button. Today a friend send me this:

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\DMF_L70ETC01.mp3")

As everyone knows that plays a song so I got an idea from that..
Can I use /script to press "play" at youtube somehow?

Everytime I'm in arena and listen to music it stop plays and I have to tab..
Dont laugh at me now

/ormjaevel
09-21-09, 03:00 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/PlayMusic

Try using that instead. Make sure that "Loop music" is enabled in your Sound Options for WoW (that's the Sound_ZoneMusicNoDelay setting mentioned on the page I linked).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-21-09, 09:31 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ormjaevel View Post
<snip>
Can I use /script to press "play" at youtube somehow?

Everytime I'm in arena and listen to music it stop plays and I have to tab..
Dont laugh at me now

/ormjaevel
I don't think you can access YouTube (or anything outside the game) using a script from inside the game. You might think about making an arena playlist for yourself on YouTube, then it will play what you want to hear in order (or repeat, if you like).

I hope I understood what you're asking. What Seerah linked to is how to create a "Player" inside WoW using MP3 files that you have have placed in your addons file, accordingly.

Edit: Just to add... If you go Seerah's route instead of YouTube playlist route, you could set it to play whenever you enter a zone (arena, BG, Dungeon), looping the song (replaying over and over). You could use a different song for each zone you tell it to look for. It shouldn't be too difficult to do so, even with very little programming knowledge.

Last edited by Yhor : 09-21-09 at 09:40 PM.
09-21-09, 10:46 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah, thanks, Yhor. I guess I skimmed past the "script for YouTube" line. ><
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-22-09, 03:06 AM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Ah, thanks, Yhor. I guess I skimmed past the "script for YouTube" line. ><
We'll let it slide... this time .

*birthday hugs*
09-22-09, 03:26 AM   #6
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Make an playlist at YT

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
09-22-09, 05:17 AM   #7
ormjaevel
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Seerah: You missed the youtube line, as you said later on

Yhor: hm, well..I've been trying to reach the goal folder for "/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\L70ETC01.mp3")" but I really CANT find it. Do you know where I can find it?

Yourstruly: Well, I can do that. Besides that the list doesnt repeat. Its just playing from start to bottom and sometimes I wanna listen to the same song over and over. So that wont work, i've already tryed it.
09-22-09, 06:14 AM   #8
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yhor: hm, well..I've been trying to reach the goal folder for "/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\L70ETC01.mp3")" but I really CANT find it. Do you know where I can find it?
The path only exists if you extracted it from the .mpq files or created it yourself.

Yourstruly: Well, I can do that. Besides that the list doesnt repeat. Its just playing from start to bottom and sometimes I wanna listen to the same song over and over. So that wont work, i've already tryed it.
I'm sure someone linked a site to stream music from YouTube. The first one to pop up on a google search was StreamDrag and Songza, look if those kind of sites have what you need.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 09-22-09 at 06:18 AM.
09-22-09, 11:57 AM   #9
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

<snip>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiTc2...x=0&playnext=1

Name the playlist after the song name, then add that song as many times as you want it to play. I had to refresh to get it to allow multiple addings to my list, but it works.

Yourstruly answered your other question, you have to create the filepath and add the .mp3/.wav files yourself.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Use /script to make a song repeat?